Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Ranieri's 64 the week after next, so doubt it.

“Ranieri? I guess he’s right with what he said I am very demanding of myself and I have to win to be sure of things. This is why I have won so many trophies in my career. Ranieri on the other hand has the mentality of someone who doesn’t need to win. He is almost 70 years old. He has won a Supercup and another small trophy and he is too old to change his mentality. He’s old and he hasn’t won anything. I studied Italian five hours a day for many months to ensure I could communicate with the players, media and fans. Ranieri had been in England for five years and still struggled to say ‘good morning’ and ‘good afternoon.'"

Fun fact: former Chelsea Claudio Ranieri was 56-years-old when Mourinho took him to town in 2008. Then in charge at Juventus, Ranieri had said: “I am not like Mourinho, I don’t have to win things to be sure of myself,” in a press conference after a 3-0 defeat to Hamburg, prompting this remarkable tirade.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11524241/Jose-Mourinhos-10-best-put-downs.html?frame=3260775

Edited by Wookie

Mourinho can do one, he's getting boring.

He's exactly acting like Pearson the period before he got the sack, under pressure and blames others (including other team's managers).

lol

When was that? Pearson had a couple of rows with journalists, a dig at Burnley last October but never blamed anyone else for the pressure/ results and certainly no rows with other managers.

When was that? Pearson had a couple of rows with journalists, a dig at Burnley last October but never blamed anyone else for the pressure/ results and certainly no rows with other managers.

I miswrote it somewhat.

Was going to put that he had a few bizarre rants with some (including, like you say, journalists) before his sacking.

#AnotherWymseyMishap

Mourinho on Ranieri; "He had lived in England for 5 years and still has trouble saying good morning and good afternoon. He is almost 70 and has won a super cup and another small trophy. He's too old to change his mentality".

Worry about your own team you absolute helmet.

Mourinho on Ranieri; "He had lived in England for 5 years and still has trouble saying good morning and good afternoon. He is almost 70 and has won a super cup and another small trophy. He's too old to change his mentality".

Worry about your own team you absolute helmet.

this was from 2008

Why have they dragged up the Ranieri issue years after it happened? I thought it was odd given I hadn't heard Ranieri say anything about Mourinho and even for Mourinho it's a bizarre dig at this time.

Henry Winter had it spot on that the press here are far more bothered with characters, personalities, mind games than the actual football being played.

• Like 1

I used to like Mourinho but he's getting right on my t1ts now. But to be fair, he has got a point about Raneri's English - its not the best is it (although its way better than my Italian). When you listen to Klopp, Wenger, Koeman etc. their English is excellent. Pellegrini's English is also pretty crap - maybe it's an age thing. I'm sure learning a foreign is difficult, but part of me wishes CR was just a little bit more fluent. You can see his eyes glaze over when a journo asks him a question sometimes and it looks a bit awkward. He's therefore an easy target for the 'perfect' Jose I guess... 

I used to like Mourinho but he's getting right on my t1ts now. But to be fair, he has got a point about Raneri's English - its not the best is it (although its way better than my Italian). When you listen to Klopp, Wenger, Koeman etc. their English is excellent. Pellegrini's English is also pretty crap - maybe it's an age thing. I'm sure learning a foreign is difficult, but part of me wishes CR was just a little bit more fluent. You can see his eyes glaze over when a journo asks him a question sometimes and it looks a bit awkward. He's therefore an easy target for the 'perfect' Jose I guess...

Jose started out as a translator whilst Ranieri played football to a decent level, I can forgive Ranieri his English far more than I can forgive Jose being a bellend.

Why have they dragged up the Ranieri issue years after it happened? I thought it was odd given I hadn't heard Ranieri say anything about Mourinho and even for Mourinho it's a bizarre dig at this time.

Henry Winter had it spot on that the press here are far more bothered with characters, personalities, mind games than the actual football being played.

Yes 100% agree with you have a look at the sun match reports

as a prime example