Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Mourinho reckons that Leicester will make the top six this season as a minimum and therefore qualify for the Europa League.

He said: 'They are in such a position where only three things can happen to them. One, to be champions, which would be amazing. Another would be to finish top four, which would again be a super achievement, but very normal at this moment because of the difference of points is very big.

'The worst thing that can happen to them is to finish top six, which should be a phenomenal season too. 

'At this moment I don't think they are thinking about relegation anymore, they are not thinking about finishing in the top half as that is certain, so at this moment they have conditions to enjoy playing free of pressure but keeping that ambition that leaves them in this fantastic position.'

Edited by HankMarvin

Might have to unfollow the Leicester facebook page, its just getting flooded with Algerians who think Mahrez is our only decent player.

Just don't read the comments. I know exactly what you mean though. There'll be a picture of Wes Morgan feeding soup to an old lady in LRI and the comments will still be:

"Vive l'Algerie"

"I <3 Mahrez"

"Mahrez and Vardy is best in BPL"

See the "What grinds your gears" thread for further reference. And to think I got somewhat laughed at for bringing it up in the first place. :D

Just had to turn talksh*t off again.

John Aldridge saying Liverpool had played all the big clubs away....er hello, above you, sitting level on points with the leaders.

Followed by Micky Quinn saying he wasn't sure about Ranieri, underlying reasoning apparently being when he took the Chelsea job he sacked three coaches on the first day including his mate Ray Wilkins. I now understand why Wilkins wasn't exactly singing Ranieri's praises a couple of weeks ago.

Don't know what it is about Wilkins but i've never rated him. I listened to the Alan Brazil breakfast show a week or so ago and it was like they were trying to big him up for the QPR job.

Anyway how was the Sunday Supplement this morning any better or the same old same old?

There is nothing arrogant about this Leicester team or their self-effacing manager, Claudio Ranieri, but there is great confidence. Schmeichel says there is no wonderment in the squad about the position they find themselves in. There is no surprise.

This is one of the resasons that make me believe we can stay near the top.

Gotta, hate the gutter press. Bet they were hoping for a lot more scandal. Journo/paparazzi scum should just let the lads enjoy a night out.

No one cares because nothing happened, they have earnt it... and deserve to enjoy themselves. I'm sure the mirror had them followed all day and night waiting for something meaningful to happen lol

Edited by foxes_rule1978

There is nothing arrogant about this Leicester team or their self-effacing manager, Claudio Ranieri, but there is great confidence. Schmeichel says there is no wonderment in the squad about the position they find themselves in. There is no surprise.

This is one of the resasons that make me believe we can stay near the top.

Pretty much the same for me too though. Obviously I didn't expect us to be where we are, but we're so obviously a class above so many other teams in this league.

Just don't read the comments. I know exactly what you mean though. There'll be a picture of Wes Morgan feeding soup to an old lady in LRI and the comments will still be:

"Vive l'Algerie"

"I <3 Mahrez"

"Mahrez and Vardy is best in BPL"

I never comment on that page but had to leave a comment in a reply thread.  The young Algerian lads who support only Barca/PSG/Real Madrid are all ignorant and couldn't care less about Leicester and just follow the glory, I don't even think its lost in translation they are entitled and rude.  I suppose they are have no local teams to follow so can't be called glory supporters by friends and pick the best team and like the players based on FIFA UT ratings.  

The difference in the comments from the Algerians, who are nasty about the club and reply with ignorant comments back to our fans who pull them up on it, and the Thais who commented on the Thai king bike ride story is such a contrast.  They praise the club, players and fans yet the Algerians slate the club, fans and only praise Mahrez.  There is a trend in the comments to accuse of racism due to religion and being non white because Vardy won POTM.  Shame they couldn't do some research and see that Andre Ayew won the award in the past who like Mahrez is (born and raised in France) African.

Edited by Richmondfox

You're both right, its all a respect thing really.

I like to see Northern Irish players doing well for their clubs but if Northern Ireland had someone as good as Mahrez who played for, say, West Ham, I'd never be as disresepctful as to joining their club page and posting shite about joining a big team like Arsenal or Real.

Its about as bad as 16 year olds posting 'Messi still win man of match' about a match not involving Barcelona or Argentina in a pathetic attempt to be funny.