Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Lawro said we can't win the league on MOTD2 Extra but given he barely thinks we'll draw a game that's quite high praise.

Lawro is starting to really do my head in now.  I watched it too.

"Leicester won't win the league"

"Why not?"

"Because they won't, they can't"

"But why not?"

"I'll give you whatever odds you want.  They won't win it"

"But it's easy to say that, why can't they?"

"One injury to Vardy and that's the end"

The thing is he is probably right that we won't win it but for all the wrong reasons.  Such a ****.

• Like 1

He's starting to piss me off a bit which is a shame, as I didn't dislike him all that much beforehand. My favourite bit of commentary he ever did was when Germany were 5-0 up against Brazil and he said "Germany are going to declare in a minute".

It's almost as if he's not even watched us once!

Vardy opening bottles with his teeth, of course he did.

Ritchie de late downing £1k bottles of vodka. Ya damn right

lol Awkward silence when the dj put a call out for the foxes. I bet the scummy papz were doing there best to start something and were gutted when all they had to report were a group of young men going out, enjoying themselves and behaving.

Anybody in the world can make a comment like: "Leicester won't win the league". When you consider the amount of money we've invested in our squad compared to our rivals it's hardly a bold statement. We probably won't and it's a minor miracle that we're still this close to the top.

But it would be nice if Lawrenson actually said something insightful about us. Just something ..... anything ...... otherwise I'd just sooner him shut up, because it's fairly obvious to anybody that he hasn't even been bothered to watch us play.

You could ask your local hairdresser, who isn't interested in football and knows nothing about it, who is going to win the league. She/He would probably say Manchester United or Arsenal, but definitely not Leicester. Why not? ".....huh uh ..... because they won't ....". 

He displays about the same level of intellectual football insight as an 8 year old. 

• Like 1

Seems we agree. Funnily enough, my local barber is an Ipswich fan, knows my preferences and absolutely loves Leicester - he talks way more sense than Lawro. I went in t'other day and he just beamed at me, and very strangely, the guy getting cropped before me was also a Leicester man - I know our accent anywhere. 

Anybody in the world can make a comment like: "Leicester won't win the league". When you consider the amount of money we've invested in our squad compared to our rivals it's hardly a bold statement. We probably won't and it's a minor miracle that we're still this close to the top.

But it would be nice if Lawrenson actually said something insightful about us. Just something ..... anything ...... otherwise I'd just sooner him shut up, because it's fairly obvious to anybody that he hasn't even been bothered to watch us play.

You could ask your local hairdresser, who isn't interested in football and knows nothing about it, who is going to win the league. She/He would probably say Manchester United or Arsenal, but definitely not Leicester. Why not? ".....huh uh ..... because they won't ....". 

He displays about the same level of intellectual football insight as an 8 year old. 

I agree it smacks of ignorance rather than a thoughtful and insightful comment.

If he had given reason why other than insinuating teams like Leicester never do I'd listen and respect his opinion.

Now he'll more than likely be right but that's not the point. I look at the teams that are supposedly in with a chance and you can make a good case to dismiss all of them. It doesn't look like anyone will run away with it and will probably be an ugly win for someone. I can't see Man utd or anyone below them winning it and Man City and Arsenal look average with their injuries.

We are not without a chance.

THE fiancée of Leicester hotshot Jamie Vardy once bedded Peter Andre and claimed: “He was the worst lover I’ve had.”

Rebekah Nicholson, 33, said: “He had great muscles and I thought he’d be a great lover.”

But she said the Strictly Come Dancing star, 42, lasted only five minutes and his todger was unimpressive.

Classy lady

12vardy_2601780a.jpg

Edited by HankMarvin

THE fiancée of Leicester hotshot Jamie Vardy once bedded Peter Andre and claimed: “He was the worst lover I’ve had.”

Rebekah Nicholson, 33, said: “He had great muscles and I thought he’d be a great lover.”

But she said the Strictly Come Dancing star, 42, lasted only five minutes and his todger was unimpressive.

Classy lady

12vardy_2601780a.jpg

Classy lady

12vardy_2601780a.jpg

She's a mysterious girl alright.

Classy lady

12vardy_2601780a.jpg

If it's big enough for Jordon I'm sure it's big enough for her.