Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

you have to laugh at other "bigger" clubs fans and that, clearly cant see beyond the end of their own nose with some of the comments,

that Liverpool fan on Talksport was a right whopper, so many of them think they are entitled to do better than us, delusions of grandeur big time 

Premier League leaders Leicester will attempt to tie manager Claudio Ranieri to a new contract at the end of the season amid fears that he could buy himself out of his existing deal and join a bigger European club. (Times - subscription required)

Again being the Times (subscription required) couldn't paste a link. Take a look at Ben Machell's guide to pretending to support the Foxes. 'I've always been a Leicester fan. Honest.'

'Foxes Talk - a kind of 'Mumsnet; for Leicester fans'.

Apologies to anyone who's already posted this link in any thread - http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/mar/13/leicester-city-outflanked-foxes-claudio-ranieri.

It's unpleasant reading - I think Claudio should be sent the link. If anything it shows the obsession of every Tom, Dick and 'arry to somehow piss on our strawberries and generally hope a spanner gets thrown in our works. I'm guessing they wouldn't spend so much time and energy assessing how to beat Man U and the other usual suspects.

The more I sense the hypocrisy of the whole footer establishment wishing we'd quietly fold/choke/lose key players or suffer any other calamity, the more I hope we fvck 'em. I want every pundit, commentator, summarizer or journo who's scorned, scoffed, derided and sneered at us to be force-fed a scrap of Gary L's underpants - after he's presented that MotD . Because that would balance the rubbish that they've been spewing out since the season started.

I thought it would get easier after the 'difficult run of matches' but it's actually got worse. Maybe I should turn to Buddhism - make a shelter on the top of Bardon Hill and contemplate the higher meaning of life - then come down in July. But I know I'll be watching or listening to every one of those last count-down games (no, not 'Countdown' games - as much as I fancy RR!) to the bitter or sweet end.

I actually enjoyed that article and think it's pretty accurate. You really think other teams aren't broken down statically like this? What do you think all those statisticians we employ do? This is the modern game and I suspect we have every other team analysed like this.

It highlights weakness we have quite nicely, other teams should target Schmeichel more and finding a way to shackle our midfielders is effective. What we have to demonstrate to play with the big boys is that we can grind out results even when we're targeted like that. So far, so good.

Edited by Bryn
  • Like 1

I actually enjoyed that article and think it's pretty accurate. You really think other teams aren't broken down statically like this? What do you think all those statisticians we employ do? This is the modern game and I suspect we have every other team analysed like this.

It highlights weakness we have quite nicely, other teams should target Schmeichel more and finding a way to shackle our midfielders is effective. What we have to demonstrate to play with the big boys is that we can grind out results even when we're targeted like that. So far, so good.

I couldn't see anything wrong with it either.

Nothing makes me laugh more than 'luck'. How were we lucky in the Newcastle game? 1 shot on target to one goal is effiency. Scoring a goal like that is about as lucky as intentionally shooting someone in the face is manslaughter. So what if we didn't have any other shots on targets? We didn't need it. We were tight and only a couple of occasions where they got through and that missed their opportunities. Is that luck? No, they tripped each other up. In any other world that's called bad positioning, likely brought on by the fact we have a solid right back line. You make your own luck.

• Like 2

Indeed - any old berk with a lazy mind can play the 'luck' card in an argument. In fact it's in my collection of populist lines that people trot out when they won't engage in discussion, joining 'FACT', 'end of', they are on drugs' and 'Leicester can't win the League because they can't' (slight paraphrase, but that's essentially what Lawrenson said.

I'd love it this season we win the league, West Ham make the CL, Watford win the FA Cup, the three promoted teams stay up at the expensive of three 'big' clubs and Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd and Liverpool all fail to make the CL.

What a great way to show that more money isn't everything and that stockpiling £25m players doesn't guarantee success.

And the amazing thing is, that's not beyond the realms of possibility at all.

• Like 1

Luck, lucky with injuries and worst squad on paper.  All used by fans of teams that aren't doing as well as they would like them to.  I hate the on paper they aren't as good as us line, surely after performing for 30 games that excuse is reversed. 

It must be annoying for supporters of teams like Palace, Stoke(who are progressing every year) Everton, Liverpool who feel they should be doing better and but aren't and we come along making it look easy.

Palace seem a deluded bunch, maybe shouting too loud so that they don't have to focus on their problems.  They have 2 points from the last 30 and we have 23, but we're the rubbish team who are no better than them.

Edited by Richmondfox

Souness "Leicester would be the worst team to ever win the league, they'll bottle it anyway".

Hopefully he'll say it on Sky before the next game if that's what he really thinks. We want honesty from pundits so if he said it on one channel he should be consistent.

Hopefully he'll say it on Sky before the next game if that's what he really thinks. We want honesty from pundits so if he said it on one channel he should be consistent.

Yeah, that's not going to happen.

Sky are running with the Leicester love in. He'll be told to be pro-Leicester as it's good for viewing figures.

Nothing makes me laugh more than 'luck'. How were we lucky in the Newcastle game? 1 shot on target to one goal is effiency. Scoring a goal like that is about as lucky as intentionally shooting someone in the face is manslaughter. So what if we didn't have any other shots on targets? We didn't need it. We were tight and only a couple of occasions where they got through and that missed their opportunities. Is that luck? No, they tripped each other up. In any other world that's called bad positioning, likely brought on by the fact we have a solid right back line. You make your own luck.

"Make your own luck." I smell a new tifo

Assumed that was sarcastic, but there they are, being completely reasonable and offering two sides to some arguments? Is that even allowed?

...on the other hand I can't not mention 'Newcastle are a bunch of decent footballers playing without confidence. The exact opposite of leicester'. Can you imagine how good we'd be if we had a team as decent as that Newcastle squad we're 39 points ahead of. Such a shame they've had this 2 year lull in confidence.