Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

9 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

That was the season before wasn't it? Worthington in the dugout, Logan between the sticks. Baking hot Bank Holiday IIRC

Yep and I picked up the JJB Yellow away shirt that day for £5 from the club shop!

Anybody that moans about recent  performances needs to think back to this time for perspective of how far we’ve come 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

That was the season before wasn't it? Worthington in the dugout, Logan between the sticks. Baking hot Bank Holiday IIRC

Aggghhh... I mean Watford 4-1!!! An Allen masterpiece! 

5 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Still think Mad Dog got monumentally shafted when he was here.

Completely brought it upon himself. Treated certain players like shit and forced the squad to go to Milan. Then you either you sack one manager or 20 players...we all know that result 

3 hours ago, splinterdream said:

I could never understand why Kaebi never got a start, saw him in the rezzies and he looked brilliant

Saw him play away at Ipswich and he looked like a lost child. 

Martin Allen didn't know his arse from his elbow Championship was about 2 levels too high for him.

4 hours ago, splinterdream said:

I could never understand why Kaebi never got a start, saw him in the rezzies and he looked brilliant

He struggled with the physical side of the game. Was signed without much prior knowledge and wasn’t overly impressive in training. Championship football  the time would not have suited him. 

4 hours ago, Koke said:

Saw him play away at Ipswich and he looked like a lost child. 

Martin Allen didn't know his arse from his elbow Championship was about 2 levels too high for him.

Maybe consistency was his problem and I saw him at a particular good time

3 hours ago, Sly said:

He struggled with the physical side of the game. Was signed without much prior knowledge and wasn’t overly impressive in training. Championship football  the time would not have suited him. 

He seemed from what I remember like a raw early mahrez, had skills but admittedly you need more, can see why this was a problem

• 3 weeks later...

According to a survey published in the Daily Star we are ranked 19th out 20 for our social media prowess.

The study by Newton Insight has investigated and analysed the performance of the 20 Premier League clubs on Facebook.

They have used eight performance indicators, including size of fan-base, number of new fans added between January and May 2018, the total number of posts and the total fan engagement (likes, comments etc).

The rankings were calculated at the end of May 2018 and one of the most fascinating stats uncovered during the study was that Manchester City accounts for over half of all Premier League fan growth on Facebook.

Relegated Stoke finished bottom of the rankings with a score of just 6.6, but which teams are at the top?

Southampton are 5th with WBA 8th.

How the mighty LCFC have fallen as I'm sure we were in the top 5/6 when we were winning the league

If you want to see the full list it's here but you have let it scroll through - https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/708465/Premier-League-clubs-Facebook-social-media-performance-ranking-sportgalleries

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, davieG said:

According to a survey published in the Daily Star we are ranked 19th out 20 for our social media prowess.

The study by Newton Insight has investigated and analysed the performance of the 20 Premier League clubs on Facebook.

They have used eight performance indicators, including size of fan-base, number of new fans added between January and May 2018, the total number of posts and the total fan engagement (likes, comments etc).

The rankings were calculated at the end of May 2018 and one of the most fascinating stats uncovered during the study was that Manchester City accounts for over half of all Premier League fan growth on Facebook.

Relegated Stoke finished bottom of the rankings with a score of just 6.6, but which teams are at the top?

How the mighty LCFC have fallen as I'm sure we were in the top 5/6 when we were winning the league

If you want to see the full list it's here but you have let it scroll through - https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/708465/Premier-League-clubs-Facebook-social-media-performance-ranking-sportgalleries

Wait till mahrez joins them! 

• Haha 1

Just now, davieG said:

Interesting. A lot of clubs finishing not far away from their league positions with the exception of us, Southampton and WBA really. We have the biggest drop at a glance.

Despite my age, I can understand the importance of social media. If we really have fallen from top 6 to a 'relegation posltion' then that is surely a major failure somewhere. It's even less palatable when similar sized clubs seem to be doing it much better than us. Southampton always seem to have been ahead of the curve down the years, in many things. It's the only way a club their size could prosper for so long but what are WBA doing right? What are Leicester doing wrong?

Edit - Just noticed it's from the Daily Star which slightly colours my judgement of the report.  I can only imagine the levels of incompetence in their offices.

Edited by Max Wall

6 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Interesting. A lot of clubs finishing not far away from their league positions with the exception of us, Southampton and WBA really. We have the biggest drop at a glance.

Despite my age, I can understand the importance of social media. If we really have fallen from top 6 to a 'relegation posltion' then that is surely a major failure somewhere. It's even less palatable when similar sized clubs seem to be doing it much better than us. Southampton always seem to have been ahead of the curve down the years, in many things. It's the only way a club their size could prosper for so long but what are WBA doing right? What are Leicester doing wrong?

Edit - Just noticed it's from the Daily Star which slightly colours my judgement of the report.  I can only imagine the levels of incompetence in their offices.

Given we would have picked up extra outside social media’s interest during the title winning and champions league years, a significant drop is not surprising. 

Not saying the offering isn’t crap, but you know.

Southampton are no doubt helped by their Virgin links - they’ll share expertise in that area. Their posts have been creative too.

West Brom’s social media probably helped by calamities such as Pardew and TheftTaxi.

• Thanks 1

Just now, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Given we would have picked up extra outside social media’s interest during the title winning and champions league years, a significant drop is not surprising. 

Not saying the offering isn’t crap, but you know.

Southampton are no doubt helped by their Virgin links - they’ll share expertise in that area. Their posts have been creative too.

West Brom’s social media probably helped by calamities such as Pardew and TheftTaxi.

Thanks. That's more understandable with your explanation. Still looks like we may be under performing.

Southampton being creative doesn't surprise me. So much of their success is linked to youth in many ways.

Well, the LCFC Facebook has had the fans of Mahrez cult and the boredom of the Puel saga plus lots of peeps tend to post in forums rather than on Facebook.

I've on occasion just had a look on there and all too often it was either Mahrez, Mahrez, Mahrez or Puel zzzzzzzzzz   with trolling by the odd Arsenal sock cooker.

13 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Thanks. That's more understandable with your explanation. Still looks like we may be under performing.

Southampton being creative doesn't surprise me. So much of their success is linked to youth in many ways.

If I remember, shall have a look at the full findings on Monday (Newton Insight’s twitter feed suggest this is when they’ll be made available).

For me the article shows some concerns in terms of validity of data - for example, it suggests only a portion of the season was followed. It also suggests growth of following is a factor - but there are different ways to factor growth than just looking at number increase / decrease. 

And in terms of Social Media, targettes reach and engagement ratio is as important. Have these been considered? Has external factors such as a teams on the field sucess been looked at? 

I get the feeling this is a bollocks survey, which findings should be taken with a pinch of salt.