Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

The lcfc website has improved with free extended highlights and general user friendliness, lcfc twitter account is decent imo. I rarely go on the lcfc Facebook page.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Max Wall said:

Thanks. That's more understandable with your explanation. Still looks like we may be under performing.

Southampton being creative doesn't surprise me. So much of their success is linked to youth in many ways.

It’s yesterday’s news that the under-21s have abandoned Facebook for Snapchat (mostly), Instagram, and who knows what other apps their parents don’t know about or can’t be arsed to figure out.  Facebook’s growth in the last couple of years has mostly come from over-30s.  A very important channel, but no longer a way to engage the kids.

47 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

The social media bubble will burst soon, one hopes. 

What!  No more FT?!

Social media is ubiquitous, there's a flavor for everyone, and it's cunningly engineered to addict by stroking our basic needs ... you are going to rep this reply, right?    beg.JPG.0d4fb9543a41f15216aa5a02dae17d2f.JPG   

For better and worse, it's a permanent, evolving feature of modern life.

2 minutes ago, KingsX said:

What!  No more FT?!

Social media is ubiquitous, there's a flavor for everyone, and it's cunningly engineered to addict by stroking our basic needs ... you are going to rep this reply, right?    beg.JPG.0d4fb9543a41f15216aa5a02dae17d2f.JPG   

For better and worse, it's a permanent, evolving feature of modern life.

Nah we should get rid. Start by turning off the internet for 2 days a week so people can ween themselves off it. 

2 hours ago, Koke said:

The lcfc website has improved with free extended highlights and general user friendliness, lcfc twitter account is decent imo. I rarely go on the lcfc Facebook page.

Yep. Might look on there once Mahrez goes and it's not just "without Marhez Leicester is a rugby team #freemerhez". The casual Algerians completely destroyed the FB page

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Nah we should get rid. Start by turning off the internet for 2 days a week so people can ween themselves off it. 

Said the guy with 5000 posts on an overseas footy board to the guy with 1500 posts on an overseas footy board  lol

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Couldn't give a flying one about our Facebook performance, I don't do facebook etc.other than snippets that are posted here

Be different if we got a Europa league spot though lol lol 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Be different if we got a Europa league spot though lol lol 

Not as far as social media is concerned it wouldn't.....but I would care about how well we performed in Europa League ;)

On 09/06/2018 at 12:15, sylofox said:

So in 19th place for having a shite Facebook page. Puel out tar and feather Rudkin. Mahrez Gray Simpson and Wes can all feck off to lol lol lol 

I’m glad we were 19th, it means I don’t have to spend any extra unnecessary time on that awful website. My eyes hurt.

There is more than one was to consume news and share comments about your team & being cynical I generally have always a "BS" meter attached to everything generated by the clubs themselves as ultimately a lot of it is propaganda. I gravitate towards sites like this where you can get the news, but hear a range of opinions as to what it means.

This study may well show that

- Leicester are served by better alternatives than some other clubs

- They rank high on the BS meter on Facebook which turns people away from the site

(Or seeing as one of the metrics was fan growth between Jan 2018 & May 2018, it might show that Jan 2018 to May 2018 contained a terrible string of results...)

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Came across this... not sure if it's a wind-up account, but not too many protests in the replies.

because to argue with it is delusional lol

its like trying to argue that Leicester are bigger than say Arsenal because we won the league last.

Edited by les-tah

6 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

To be honest, I'd say all 3 are pretty similarly sized clubs- stadium size, fanbase, etc. Forest will argue that they're the most successful historically. We've had success in the modern era though, whilst those 2 have been pretty poor in the last 20 years.

We just need the stadium expansion and world-class training complex to show for it and drag us out of that group of around 20 clubs with 25-35k capacity grounds who are big enough to get to the PL but not big enough to stay there for that long. Once those are in place, hopefully we will be up in the Everton, West Ham, Newcastle bracket.

Everton, west ham and Newcastle lol?

9 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Everton, west ham and Newcastle lol?

Yeah, in terms of relegation likelihood- West Ham & Newcastle have only spent a couple of seasons out of the top flight in the PL era, Everton haven't been relegated in about 70 years.

Surely being 'too big to go down' will be the owners' primary objective to keep revenue constant- trophies, European football etc. will hopefully follow (although they haven't very often for those 3 clubs)

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Yeah, in terms of relegation likelihood- West Ham & Newcastle have only spent a couple of seasons out of the top flight in the PL era, Everton haven't been relegated in about 70 years.

Surely being 'too big to go down' will be the owners' primary objective to keep revenue constant- trophies, European football etc. will hopefully follow (although they haven't very often for those 3 clubs)

based on Mahrez leaving and us having no replacement we are just as likely to get relegated as Newcastle and everton lol  

Edited by les-tah

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

To be honest, I'd say all 3 are pretty similarly sized clubs- stadium size, fanbase, etc. Forest will argue that they're the most successful historically. We've had success in the modern era though, whilst those 2 have been pretty poor in the last 20 years.

We just need the stadium expansion and world-class training complex to show for it and drag us out of that group of around 20 clubs with 25-35k capacity grounds who are big enough to get to the PL but not big enough to stay there for that long. Once those are in place, hopefully we will be up in the Everton, West Ham, Newcastle bracket.

There is no place for such a sensible post on these forums. What were you thinking man!!

We're the best team and that is most important. You can argue all you want on various other matters, the team on the pitch defines what you are as a club at any point. Ours is comfortably ahead of the rest.