Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Game of Thrones - hide spoilers please.

I've liked GoT over the years but in a nerdy kind of way so probably glossed over or not fully understood certain parts of the story. But even I was slightly disappointed by this concluding episode. I've felt this series as a whole has been too rushed, there has probably been enough content to drag it out over more episodes, maybe even another series because I think they've left too much to cover in the final few episodes. That and they've given too much air time to fan favourite characters to keep them involved. Its not going to be easy to end a show like this, and also please fans who have developed their own (sometimes over the top) theories about what should happen.

Overall though, its still a brilliant show and I look forward to watching them all again in a few years.

Such a bittersweet experience watching that. The last two 'seasons' (let's not kid ourselves, it's 1,5 seasons at best) have been a tough watch. It was already going downhill after season 4, but I could still go along with it.

It's just a shame that arguably the best TV show fell apart like that, for reasons that were most likely avoidable.

At least it's done now.

Utterly gobsmacked with some of the creative decisions made. Some of the dialogue, just woeful. 

The sequence with Tyrion moving around chairs seemed to take up more screen time than Daenerys' final scene. 

The entire council scene. Cringeworthy.

The second of the beverages showing up in a shot just about sums up where the show went in the end. 

They just rushed everything. Would've been a fitting ending had they not rushed the entire season.

Could've quite easily made this 2 seasons, extend the white walker attack and fall out from it  over more of a season.

Then have the fight for kings landing take a season. 

28 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

They just rushed everything. Would've been a fitting ending had they not rushed the entire season.

Could've quite easily made this 2 seasons, extend the white walker attack and fall out from it  over more of a season.

Then have the fight for kings landing take a season. 

According to Reddit, HBO apparently offered Benioff and Weiss ten full seasons.

They declined, stating they could finish it in six final episodes.

This just so happened to coincide with them being offered the Star Wars trilogy, so this shows where their focus was. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, RoboFox said:

According to Reddit, HBO apparently offered Benioff and Weiss ten full seasons.

They declined, stating they could finish it in six final episodes.

This just so happened to coincide with them being offered the Star Wars trilogy, so this shows where their focus was. 

Have heard this, extremely disappointing if true.

Whilst it could of been better it was quite clever in parts. <spoiler, dunno how to hide text> The three eyed raven ending up on the throne and Jon Snow ending up back where he started are pretty under rated plot twists if you ask me. Definitely think there the claims it was rushed are fairly justified though.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Goober said:

Jon being a Targaryen took away Dany’s claim to the throne and fuelled her paranoia. Anyone who says him being Targaryen had no consequences can’t have been watching the show all that carefully

I assume he is referring more to the fact that Jon didn't end up on the throne. So a bit of a pointless thing. The fact that the people of Westeros decided to choose a king rather than Jon taking the throne by right showed that being the true heir meant absolutely nothing.

So in a nut shell the heads of houses who have never been voted in themselves get to chose someone to lead them forward. Then the north chooses Brexit and the person originally chosen to try and help make this happen is sent away to never been seen again! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

I assume he is referring more to the fact that Jon didn't end up on the throne. So a bit of a pointless thing. The fact that the people of Westeros decided to choose a king rather than Jon taking the throne by right showed that being the true heir meant absolutely nothing.

Ive seen plenty of people annoyed that Jon didn’t get the throne and I can understand why - everyone loves Jon. I can also see why they’d think that his Targaryen name ‘went to waste’ but I think that’s more down to how the show rushed through everything.

Think it would’ve been better if more people had found out about Jon, maybe we could’ve seen a power struggle between Jon’s loyalists and Dany’s, something more to flesh out that conflict

But Jon being Targaryen was still a huge part of the story and set a lot of things in motion. It basically caused Dany’s downfall 

Edited by Goober

52 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

So in a nut shell the heads of houses who have never been voted in themselves get to chose someone to lead them forward. Then the north chooses Brexit and the person originally chosen to try and help make this happen is sent away to never been seen again! 

The heads of houses get chosen by their people, as Jon did, then Sansa at the very end. 

6 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Whilst it could of been better it was quite clever in parts. <spoiler, dunno how to hide text> The three eyed raven ending up on the throne and Jon Snow ending up back where he started are pretty under rated plot twists if you ask me. Definitely think there the claims it was rushed are fairly justified though.

Don't particularly mind the big decisions they made, but some of the writing, directing and how we got there was pretty woeful. Feel like someone on here could probably have written a better season. I watched some of the old seasons back to let me Mrs catch up, and it quite honestly felt like a different show in that final episode and at times this season. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Don't particularly mind the bid decisions they made, but some of the writing, directing and how we got there was pretty woeful. Feel like someone on here could probably have written a better season. I watched some of the old seasons back to let me Mrs catch up, and it quite honestly felt like a different show in that final episode and at times this season. 

What I noticed was that in early seasons whole battles were not even shown, the battle of the whispering woods where rob captures Jamie is never seen (same as the book) just the build up and the aftermath. The battle of the blackwater was understated with the main focus on Tyrion and not creating a huge spectaclenatio. Wildlings vs Crows at the wall was similarly understated I but as budgets grew they got more obsessed with the spectacular and forgot the heart of the show was the political machinations. 

The battle of the bastards was truly outstanding but then the trip beyond the wall, the long night and the burning of kings landing all went on too long made little sense and in the case of the long night was just impossible to see what was actually happening in many ways a victim of its own success and budget.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

What I noticed was that in early seasons whole battles were not even shown, the battle of the whispering woods where rob captures Jamie is never seen (same as the book) just the build up and the aftermath. The battle of the blackwater was understated with the main focus on Tyrion and not creating a huge spectaclenatio. Wildlings vs Crows at the wall was similarly understated I but as budgets grew they got more obsessed with the spectacular and forgot the heart of the show was the political machinations. 

The battle of the bastards was truly outstanding but then the trip beyond the wall, the long night and the burning of kings landing all went on too long made little sense and in the case of the long night was just impossible to see what was actually happening in many ways a victim of its own success and budget.

Felt like they’d gone all Marvel, loads of action and skipped substance.