Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

On 28/01/2019 at 22:39, Manini said:

The Ted Bundy tapes on Netflix.

On 02/02/2019 at 16:01, spacemunky said:

Just finished watching this.

Sublimely made but it didn't really have anything new to say about him. 

The cynical cutting of the quite obviously different audio recordings from different interviews with him to suit the programmes narrative was grating. As was the amount he was referred to as "charming" and "handsome", as if they were trying to force the juxtaposition between how the doc wants you to perceive him and what he did.

The tapes themselves didn't really reveal all that much. Just the pseudo-intellectual ramblings of a narcissist who couldn't wait to tell "his story". 

But I love a true crime doc, so I enjoyed it.

Strange to think that his ex-wife and daughter are out there somewhere amongst all of this renewed interest in him.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

Started Season 8 of The Walking Dead and I've given up after 3 episodes. It's gone down hill over the last few seasons but I'm still surprised at how poor the show has become.

All it's been so far is: Rick on a mission to kill someone, finds said person unarmed and at his mercy, spends an entire episode talking to him instead of pulling the fvcking trigger.

Does Season 8 improve at all and is it worth bothering with Season 9?

14 minutes ago, oakman said:

Started Season 8 of The Walking Dead and I've given up after 3 episodes. It's gone down hill over the last few seasons but I'm still surprised at how poor the show has become.

All it's been so far is: Rick on a mission to kill someone, finds said person unarmed and at his mercy, spends an entire episode talking to him instead of pulling the fvcking trigger.

Season 8 was pretty rough, I struggled through it but season 9 so far has been the best for years imo. 

1 hour ago, oakman said:

I gave up in season 8 too. 

1 hour ago, FIF said:

I gave up in season 8 too. 

2 hours ago, oakman said:

It was a really tough slog but they definitely knocked it out of the park with Season 9 IMO. Massive, massive improvement, with the time jump totally rejuvenating the show. Personally I fell right back in love with it again. 

6 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

You really did stay in bed for the Everton match didn’t you.

i was gonna say it was the most boring 90 minutes i’ve watched this year which is saying something seen as it has about 40 other entries of watching us play to compete with 

Just finished watching Dragon Ball Super. Never watched Dragon Ball but was looking for a new anime to watch on Crunchy Roll and thought I would give it a go. The older Dragon Ball series aren't on CR so I read up on the previous stories.

Wow, loved DB super. The visuals are stunning. Goku Is a f****** beast.

Was looking for something else to watch so I googled best Anime and My Hero Academia cropped up. Watched first episode and seems like it will be good. Anyone else watched it? Or can anyone who likes Anime recommend anything to watch? I am very new to the whole Anime scene.

Watched so far:

Yu Gi Oh and Yu Gi Oh GX (relive the childhood)

Attack on Titan (Currently waiting for AOT season 3 to carry on)

DB Super 

Also do people prefer watching in Japanese with subtitles or English Dubbed? Cant get on with ENG dubbed, much prefer Japanese with Subtitles

4 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Just finished watching Dragon Ball Super. Never watched Dragon Ball but was looking for a new anime to watch on Crunchy Roll and thought I would give it a go. The older Dragon Ball series aren't on CR so I read up on the previous stories.

Was looking for something else to watch so I googled best Anime and My Hero Academia cropped up. Watched first episode and seems like it will be good. Anyone else watched it? Or can anyone who likes Anime recommend anything to watch? I am very new to the whole Anime scene.

Watched so far:

DB Super 

Also do people prefer watching in Japanese with subtitles or English Dubbed? Cant get on with ENG dubbed, much prefer Japanese with Subtitles

Japanese with subs. Im looking forward to season 2 of One Punch Man. Not everybodys cup of tea but i loved it. Really enjoyed AoT.

4 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Watched so far:

DB Super 

4 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Japanese with subs. Im looking forward to season 2 of One Punch Man. Not everybodys cup of tea but i loved it. Really enjoyed AoT.

On the language question I'd generally say Japanese with subs but occasionally a series will be just as good in English, it's always worth looking on messageboards to see what people are saying about dub vs sub for each individual series before you start.

One Punch Man is fantastic, definitely watch My Hero Academia, and then if you have no life and lots of time to kill get on the 'classic' shonen like One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, Hunter x Hunter etc.  Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is a belter but I know some people who can't get on with it.

I'd say essential viewing includes Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing, Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist, Avatar, Ghost in the Shell, Evangelion, Afro Samurai, Ninja Scroll and of course the Studio Ghibli back catalogue.

Other series I'd personally recommend include Gurren Lagann, Black Lagoon, Desert Punk, D.Gray Man, Soul Eater, Baccano!, Kill La Kill and Samurai Champloo.

That should keep you busy for a few years.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

On the language question I'd generally say Japanese with subs but occasionally a series will be just as good in English, it's always worth looking on messageboards to see what people are saying about dub vs sub for each individual series before you start.

One Punch Man is fantastic, definitely watch My Hero Academia, and then if you have no life and lots of time to kill get on the 'classic' shonen like One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, Hunter x Hunter etc.  Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is a belter but I know some people who can't get on with it.

I'd say essential viewing includes Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing, Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist, Avatar, Ghost in the Shell, Evangelion, Afro Samurai, Ninja Scroll and of course the Studio Ghibli back catalogue.

Other series I'd personally recommend include Gurren Lagann, Black Lagoon, Desert Punk, D.Gray Man, Soul Eater, Baccano!, Kill La Kill and Samurai Champloo.

That should keep you busy for a few years.

Love My Hero Academia and also Bleach (although it did have many fillers) One Piece i could never get into and Hunter X Hunter is on my to watch list. 

Big shout out on the classics also to Code Geass and Death list. Also Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood which i preferred. 

Will check out some of the others you have mentioned, thanks for the tips. Sadly i dont have the time for much anime as i used to but i love to binge watch a full series. Blood+ is an older one i enjoyed and only got around to watching recently also Ao no Exorcist is decent.

• Like 1

I'm onto a new Anime series (so trigger warning for all you normies) which I won't name just yet because the title is so unbelievably ridiculous that I wouldn't blame anyone if they instantly dismissed it and stopped reading.  In fact the only reason I've been watching it myself is because it's one of the highest rated shows on the site I use and I didn't think that could possibly be right so I had to watch at least one episode. 7 later and I'm beginning to get it. 

The thing is though, when I say (without spoiling anything) that it's the story of a man who dies, becomes a slime monster in a magical dimension, befriends a dragon and begins a quest to build a town, you'd rightly tell me that sounds like a terrible idea scraped together by a script writer with a tight deadline and too many drugs in his system, yet somehow That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime/Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken (yes you read that correctly) is a genuinely tight series based on what I've seen so far.  I don't want to get into it too much because frankly the show defies all logical description (though I suppose that's a hallmark of many a good anime series), but I thoroughly recommend it if you're after a bit of light viewing with enough substance to still be an intriguing watch.

9 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

I'm onto a new Anime series (so trigger warning for all you normies) which I won't name just yet because the title is so unbelievably ridiculous that I wouldn't blame anyone if they instantly dismissed it and stopped reading.  In fact the only reason I've been watching it myself is because it's one of the highest rated shows on the site I use and I didn't think that could possibly be right so I had to watch at least one episode. 7 later and I'm beginning to get it. 

The thing is though, when I say (without spoiling anything) that it's the story of a man who dies, becomes a slime monster in a magical dimension, befriends a dragon and begins a quest to build a town, you'd rightly tell me that sounds like a terrible idea scraped together by a script writer with a tight deadline and too many drugs in his system, yet somehow That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime/Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken (yes you read that correctly) is a genuinely tight series based on what I've seen so far.  I don't want to get into it too much because frankly the show defies all logical description (though I suppose that's a hallmark of many a good anime series), but I thoroughly recommend it if you're after a bit of light viewing with enough substance to still be an intriguing watch.

Sounds interesting, did you ever watch Parasyte? the alien that supposed to go into peoples brain but it went into a guys hand? Also sounds bit weird but a really good watch. 

2 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Sounds interesting, did you ever watch Parasyte? the alien that supposed to go into peoples brain but it went into a guys hand? Also sounds bit weird but a really good watch. 

Yes! That one's another surprising gem, I don't think I've met anybody else who's seen it. If you enjoyed that then you really should check this one out.