Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
yorkie1999

Billy Jones - Gone to Sunderland

I live in the west mids and have a lot of friends who are baggies fan and they have all said he is apparently coming to us, he turned down £30,000 a week and wants £40,000 will wait and see what happens but I know none of them want him to leave

I live in the west mids and have a lot of friends who are baggies fan and they have all said he is apparently coming to us, he turned down £30,000 a week and wants £40,000 will wait and see what happens but I know none of them want him to leave

I don't believe we'll pay him £40,000 a week personally. I could be wrong though.

He sounds keen then! 

The average premier wage is 25/30k, now considering lots of people at the top clubs are on 80/100k and a few on 200k. That means there are a lot of players on a lot less than 25/30k.

Someone like Billy Jones is hardly going to command £40k, even if he is out of contract. So I can't see it. West Brom fans just use money as an excuse for him leaving and think we'll pay stupid money after the 180m bollocks.

The average premier wage is 25/30k, now considering lots of people at the top clubs are on 80/100k and a few on 200k. That means there are a lot of players on a lot less than 25/30k.

Someone like Billy Jones is hardly going to command £40k, even if he is out of contract. So I can't see it. West Brom fans just use money as an excuse for him leaving and think we'll pay stupid money after the 180m bollocks.

This is a reasoned post. Only caveat i would add is that because there is no transfer fee, the signing on fee he will command could boost the overall package to the equivalent of 40 k per week over 3 years.

Hope that's bollocks about £40k a week. I know wages are on the up all the time but ****ing hell.

I would like to think we wouldn't pay him that cause he is a good player but not worth that much a week still has prem experience and would be good competition for de laet if we do get him

We won't be paying £40,000 a week for him.

Leicester to swoop for Baggies defender

Last Updated: Mon, 19 May 2014 09:15

Leicester City are prepared to offer Billy Jones a way out of West Brom as talks over a new deal for the defender continue.

Jones' current contract expires at the end of June and so far the two parties have failed to come to an agreement on a new deal for the 27-year-old, who has become a first-team regular since joining from Preston in 2011.

Leicester boss Nigel Pearson is believed to be keen on bringing Jones to the King Power Stadium on a Bosman free transfer to add some Premier League experience to his squad. 

The defender had previously said he was keen to put pen to paper on fresh terms with Albion and talks are reported to be ongoing, although no deal is thought to be forthcoming. 

The lack of a head coach is believed to be hindering the process and could give Leicester the chance to swoop for Jones if he doesn't commit his future to West Brom soon.

wouldn't mind this. not going to be celebrating in the street or buying a new shirt with his name on the back but would be happy enough with him coming into the squad for free. 

I was listening to BBC WM & Brum at the time too. The majority of West Brom fans rate him. They would rather make an effort to see him sign a new deal than retaining Dorrans and Brunt. Bit of outcry and also quite funny how belittling of Leicester they were.

Archived