Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

hayfever

I was hoping it was something that I was getting the better of, played a round of golf saturday no problem, mowed the grass sunday, set the ****er of a good un, spent most the rest of the day struggling with it and had a right sneezing fit on Monday morning on the way to work.

Not been as bad so far today.

I suffer from birch tree pollen hay fever. But I have controlled really well the last few years. My tactic is to start prophylactic measures about a month before you know your season is going to happen so I now take a 10mg Loratadine tablet each day at the same time (was on Telfast but GP changed it as cheaper and I found it better) and Beconase nasal spray at the same time. Keep to it. Also shower in the evenings to get rid of pollen if you've been out. Add in eating local honey as and when, no hassle last few years.

• 4 weeks later...

It's my eyes that get affected the worst. Don't really sneeze or anything.

One of the women from HR had to ask me if I was okay at work the other day, they thought I'd had bad news and was crying! Bloody Liberty!

Anyone else wake up at least twice every night with a mouth like Gandhi's flip-flops because you can't breathe through your nostrils?

Pissing me right off, not slept properly for a fortnight. Nothing seems to work for me hayfever-wise, tried all sorts bar injections.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Edited by Paddy.

Thing is we ain't even getting the weather (consistantly) for it to even be relatively 'worth it;.

I do suffer from it mildly, I thought it was getting worse for me this year but it turned out to be a cold, with hayfever symptoms on top to make it worse.

I'd have thought with all the rain we've had it'd all be dampened down....

Think if someone asked me if I wanted to trade my Hayfever for AIDS it would be a tough choice. Being asthmatic every time I get Hayfever bad I get really bad asthma which means I take more of my inhaler which ruins my throat and pretty sure as a result of that I have just had laryngitis.

Them tablets do absolutely fk all as well.

Move to Australia. It worked for me :D

Used to suffer badly in the UK. Turns out I have an extreme reaction to northern european grass pollens

Genuinely think the UK has to be up there for the worst in the world. I read somewhere that other European country's refuse to grow rape seed as that's a killer for Hayfever.

When I was living in Italy I had no issues.

• 10 months later...

This thread is turning into a massive tool for understanding my hay fever timings.

People at work have been complaining that it's starting to get bad but I have not had one symptom yet, not one sneeze or anything. I thought I might be finally over it but I checked back through this thread and found a pattern to when I come on and moan, normally early June to late July. I still might be pleasantly surprised as I'm sure I might have normally at least experienced it by mid/late May but I feel great at the moment. 

The only thing I've changed this year is that I'm eating more healthily and I use Cold Pressed Rape Seed Oil for my cooking and dressings. I thought this might  have been a miracle cure but I can't find even a hypothesis anywhere on the internet, unlike the local honey idea.  

How's everybody else finding it? It might be worth you checking back and looking at dates too, we all tend to actually come on around the same time..

I think people who haven't suffered chronic hay fever don't understand just how debilitating it can be. I'm actually feeling at bit anxious about the next few weeks as I really hope I may have turned the corner with it. 

Edited by Collymore

My hay fever has been alright so far which is great because I'm asthmatic that causes me all kinds of problems with blocked noses and struggling to breath through my mouth.

Fingers crossed it stays that way. I'm much fitter this year which means my asthma itself is under control.

Edited by Costock_Fox

9 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

My hay fever has been alright so far which is great because I'm asthmatic that causes me all kinds of problems with blocked noses and struggling to breath through my mouth.

Fingers crossed it stays that way. I'm much fitter this year which means my asthma itself is under control.

I have asthma but haven't really had a problem in years, but I think hayfever has made it return and it's the first time I've had to use my inhaler in ages. I have had to cough when I breathe out quite a bit lately and I think it's the pollen. 

For some reason it seems to get worse in the evening too. 

Edited by lgfualol

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

I have asthma but haven't really had a problem in years, but I think hayfever has made it return and it's the first time I've had to use my inhaler in ages. I have had to cough when I breathe out quite a bit lately and I think it's the pollen. 

For some reason it seems to get worse in the evening too. 

The same thing has happened to my son this morning. Its really bad today hes not gone to school

14 minutes ago, foxoffderby said:

The same thing has happened to my son this morning. Its really bad today hes not gone to school

That sucks. Weirdly, it seems to go away when I do exercise. It has been pretty nasty though. 

I should have taken today off work lol 

• 4 weeks later...