Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
surrifox

Campbell (again)

Still don't know about this. I wonder if it's possible that Campbell might be being used in the Ulloa personal terms negotiations, or vice versa.

I think Campbell would be a steal at around £600k-£700k. But I would be less happy with him on £40k a week.

I think Campbell with the right service and confidence could get 10 goals next year... Which if he does 40k a week and cost us under a mill is a bargain!

Would hate to see Vardy dropped though! Vardy last season seriously impressed me and I think the hunger he will bring into next season will give him more in the engine than Campbell has to offer... (Hopefully)

But for under a mill he's worth it all day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My feeling is that Vardy will start as the first striker on the team sheet - I think Pearson has a lot of faith in him - and I think Vardy will start off very strong after the preseason training and surprise people. I hope i'm not disappointed.

Why, because he is a unknown from second division France! More sexy signing? On what basis would you want a guy you have never ever seen play over a guy who came from the Man U academy and has PL experience and will cost the club less than a million pounds, serious why would you say that, please explain.

Exactly because he's an unknown quantity. Because he's young, could have lots of improving to do, is being courted by some big clubs and has presumably been picked up by the same scouts that found Knockaert and Mahrez for us.

Could be awful but could be sensational.

Campbell is... okay. We know he'll do alright, won't set the world alight, should score a couple of goals but doesn't really improve us all that much. Just depth to the squad.

Not sure how much I would read into paper talk personally.

Now it looks like the Ulloa deal is all but done, I'm not sure I still want Campbell? Whatever happens we can't be selling Wood at the age he is with the potential he has. He needs to be going on loan only.

Be a decent signing. We'd have basically replaced Phillips with Campbell and looks like Wood with Ulloa which both look solid upgrades. Nobody amazing but some potential and variation there when you add Vardy and Nugent.

His only scoring 4 more goals in the remaining 36 matches was really impressive too

That wasn't anything to do what I was picking out on from your comment. You mentioned you'd never seen anything from him impress you, well that day against Man City...Kompany met a challenge. On his day, he's a very good PL player. For some reason he's farting about clubs constantly at the bottom end of the table. Give him some service, he will be double figures easy.

This in not meant me to be an ITK post, just passing on what I've been told.

A friend of the family is a scout currently working for hartlepool but is well in with Agents etc. He has no interest in leicester so I don't believe he would be dishonest.

He said that Campbell was offered 35k and his agent wanted 40k, Leicester pulled the plug. I am guessing things may have moved on but most worrying the agent stated that Campbell was not that bothered about joining as he thinks we will be straight back down.

If he does the business but didn't sound like he was bothered either way.

This in not meant me to be an ITK post, just passing on what I've been told.

A friend of the family is a scout currently working for hartlepool but is well in with Agents etc. He has no interest in leicester so I don't believe he would be dishonest.

He said that Campbell was offered 35k and his agent wanted 40k, Leicester pulled the plug. I am guessing things may have moved on but most worrying the agent stated that Campbell was not that bothered about joining as he thinks we will be straight back down.

If he does the business but didn't sound like he was bothered either way.

I think if he were to join he would give his all (based on the fact his work rate for Cardiff was top notch and they were in a similar scenario to us last year; I doubt he has much affiliation for Cardiff either).

His agent saying Campbell was not bothered about joining us as he thinks we'll be relegated is exactly what you'd expect from someone who was just refused wage demands from said club. 

Archived