Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

West Ham!.. It's now or never....

QPR away - didn't end well

Good shout, did mean to put at home though haha, a nice early, first 20 min crowd settling, confidence boosting opening goal. Was our last one of them Sheff Wed at home last season lol?

hate West Ham hate PEARSON but love city 4-0 Kramaric hatrick

Hate is a strong word for a manager in his four seasons in charge has led us to two titles and two play off regimes. What are you feelings towards Peter Taylor and Holloway. For me I'd only hate Pearson if he took us down to league 1. Ultimately that's where he has built us up from, and for all we know under some other manager we could still be there or floundering in the championship. That doesn't mean that this season should be overlooked, it's been a poor one.

Hate is a strong word for a manager in his four seasons in charge has led us to two titles and two play off regimes. What are you feelings towards Peter Taylor and Holloway. For me I'd only hate Pearson if he took us down to league 1. Ultimately that's where he has built us up from, and for all we know under some other manager we could still be there or floundering in the championship. That doesn't mean that this season should be overlooked, it's been a poor one.

I think the lad is a bit insecure to say he hates our manager. Shame really.

Scrappy 1-0 win vardy to score

Hopefully we'll see knocky play reckon this could be the sort of game he could shine.

Hopefully we'll see knocky play reckon this could be the sort of game he could shine.

Not so sure about Knocky- he was embarrassing at their place just chasing down their back 4 whilst they passed it round him.

Guest ttfn

I'm not going today which is just as well.

We've got 8 points from the 9 games I haven't been to which include games away at Liverpool, Everton, Man United and Chelsea, so that's actually not a bad return. I've also only missed 1 home game so far in which we beat Villa.

Tactics are gonna be really interesting today. The game is so important and we cannot afford to lose it before we have a chance to win it, but playing a tight defensive game for the first period will hand the initiative to the opposition and get the crowd on their backs.

Guest ttfn

yeah good point this. the first long ball tomorrow or the first time morgan gives it to konch who gives it back to morgan who then smacks it as far as he can is going to be horrible. we need an early goal. don't think we've scored an early goal all season tho.

It's less the first long ball of the match, it's more the first long ball after the 56th minute when West Ham have just burgled a 1-0 lead from a set piece after we've dominated. After playing them off the park by passing the ball, going behind will lead to a radical and definitely in no way flawed switch in tactics, replacing the passing with hammering the ball 70 yards up the pitch to our 5 foot strikers.

I'm not going today which is just as well.

We've got 8 points from the 9 games I haven't been to which include games away at Liverpool, Everton, Man United and Chelsea, so that's actually not a bad return. I've also only missed 1 home game so far in which we beat Villa.

Stonking effort that mate.

:thumbup:

It's less the first long ball of the match, it's more the first long ball after the 56th minute when West Ham have just burgled a 1-0 lead from a set piece after we've dominated. After playing them off the park by passing the ball, going behind will lead to a radical and definitely in no way flawed switch in tactics, replacing the passing with hammering the ball 70 yards up the pitch to our 5 foot strikers.

True but this won't happen when we're 2-0 up and cruising by ht.

I'm also not going today but have the opposite record to you. I've seen every home point bar sunderland and haven't seen us lose away yet. Our home record with me not there reads 0-0, 0-1, 0-1, 1-2. Soz guys.

Tactics are gonna be really interesting today. The game is so important and we cannot afford to lose it before we have a chance to win it, but playing a tight defensive game for the first period will hand the initiative to the opposition and get the crowd on their backs.

We'll set up not to lose, concede one in around the 60th minute, then decide to go attacking - whether we get one back or not is the question - either way, lose or draw neither of those outcomes are any good to us.

I'm fairly confident of that scenario - am I happy about it? Am I ****, but i'm just stating that is what will happen, i'm quite sure of that, I think when I see the line up/set-up there will be no 'quite' about it, I will be.

Got a good feeling about today since I woke up...please don't let it be yet another false dawn.. COYB!!! X

Did you get up before dawn or after?

Next is sunset you know?

One year ago this weekend Anthony Knockaert scored the winner against Wednesday that sent us up following Bournemouth beating QPR; we now need to find that same spirit to even come close to keep us there but let's hope the lads back up what they've been saying all week.

Pearsonite or not (and as you know I am not), I am a Leicester fan as we all are so let's get behind the boys this afternoon!

Archived