Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FantasticMrFuchs

Jamie Vardy included in Englands squad for upcoming friendlies

What an unbelievable signing from NP. A lot of people (myself included) questioned the wisdom of buying a 25 year old non league player for a £1 million but all credit to Nige and Steve Walsh for having the foresight to take that gamble.

A joint Man Utd and Chelsea fan? Well she clearly knows her onions. Bitch.

Why hasn't she also added Real Madrid and Barcelona to her list of favorite clubs? ****ing glory seeking dumb ass.

Well done JV made my day today.

Delighted for the lad.

Proved me wrong, a couple of times - Not so much the 2nd time as I was willing to be more patient the 2nd time, I was just let's say sceptical.

But he certainly deserves the chance. I just hope he takes it and makes the most of it, the worry for me is it takes time with Vardy, he'll get there but it takes time, i'm not sure he'll be given the time though, he has one chance, he has to hit the ground running.

Well done Jamie!

Amazing to go from Stocksbridge Park Steels, to an England call up. Especially as he was on the brink of quitting football altogether too.

On a side note, why is Kane not in the senior squad? Best English striker this season surely?

Amazing to go from Stocksbridge Park Steels, to an England call up. Especially as he was on the brink of quitting football altogether too.

On a side note, why is Kane not in the senior squad? Best English striker this season surely?

U21s to help his development, sounds as if they hope to ease him in rather than throw him in the deep end and gain some experience.

U21s to help his development, sounds as if they hope to ease him in rather than throw him in the deep end and gain some experience.

Makes sense, but didn't do the likes of Michael Owen any harm!

Wants to play for the U21s in a meaningful tournament. His choice apparently. Fair play to him.

This is great news for Jamie and LCFC.

Manchester United fans seem pleased as well

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/james-vardy-considered-for-england-call-up.397123/

Bitter c^nts

The most recent post is from February... ? :huh:

Yes that is when it was first suggested he may be in line for a call up, a few posts today show their sentiment hasn't changed, he made their so called superstars look bang average, that's the catalyst of their vitriol.!!  

I had a feeling that he'd get a call up, with other players out or with the u21's

Well done to Roy Hodgson for picking him.

It''ll be a proud moment for all of us if he gets on i'm sure.

I hope he ignores all the bullshit, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks,

if Roy thinks your good enough that's all that matters.

Guest seanfox778

I wish he wasn't making his debut against Ireland, then I could hope him the best. Borrox!

I'm in the same boat but it's only a friendly. Come on Vardy!! Hopefully a 4-3 Ireland win with a Vardy hat trick.

If he plays and has a good game or two, he might be able to put himself in contention for the next round of fixtures. He's never going to be first choice I don't think, but when on form he certainly warrants a place within the larger squad, if not necessarily the matchday squad.

England's next fixtures in September are San Marino (who with all due respect, are probably on par with Fleetwood) and Switzerland. If he performs well in June and until then, he could well be in with a shot of getting some match time in that first qualifier.

Archived