Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claridge

John rudkin

I'm increasingly concerned about the apparent halt to our recruitment and keep coming back to the fact that the sacked Pearson was a much respected "football man" who'd "been there and done it" as an honour-winning player and manager.

He also seemed extremely popular with his playing staff, some of whom positively enthused about his "inspirational qualities and man management".

My perception was that many more players seemed anxious to sign for Leicester City than wanted to get away and that people far and wide were beginning to talk positively about the club and its prospects.  

Then, suddenly Pearson loses his job and someone with no first class footballing pedigree gets mentioned as playing a part in what happened having not long previously taken the reins as Director of Football.  

It should be emphasised that comment has also been made that our Director of Football had "nothing at all to do with Pearson's departure", and I have no more idea than other fans about the truth of the matter, one way or another. 

But if the perception exists in the minds of football people - and Cambiasso doesn't seem to have given any concrete reasons for his decision not to sign for all that it seems strange that the club and others seemed fairly confident that he would - I do now wonder if it's possible that we're becoming victims of what might loosely, or more firmly, be called either a boycott or just the proverbial cold shoulder from the subjects of a few wayward internet rumour stories.

How nice it would be therefore if Rudkin came out and said unequivocably that he had nothing to do with Pearson's departure and, indeed, that he deeply regretted it and wished only that the unity within the club might be restored. 

Or if the owners came out in defence of Rudkin by assuring people that he was not, in any way, a factor in the decision process and that the entire responsiblity rested with them.

Because to me it seems hard to fathom why, from being able to complete the signing of three players so seemingly smoothly - with Cambiasso supposedly certain to follow suit - we now appear to be finding it harder to sign anyone.

As mentioned previously, two or three A-grade signings tomorrow or over the next few days, and all my concerns will sound ridiculous. 

But the days keep passing, the season gets closer and all I can perceive is an air of what seems like shock and disbelief at the way events have unfolded. 

The question really centres on loyalty.

Whatever my views on some of Pearson's PR antics, his principal players and staff always came over as loyal, committed and united for all that the Thailand three disgraced both themselves and the club.

"All for one and one for all," summed up the major strength of all we had here as far as the first team squad and most of our fans were concerned.

So I cannot imagine anyone being impressed if the bond has been broken.

Strong families stick together in times of trouble and it's hard to see a future here for anyone with their own agenda. Hence the need for some truthful clarification.

Otherwise I can see nothing but an undercurrent of bitterness and disharmony persisting...just the opposite of what's needed for Premiership survival, let alone anything more ambitious.

I don't see any statements as helping anything, the owners asked us to trust them, and all it did was make people more suspicious, if Rudkin came out and said anything it will just make some people more adamant that he was involved.

As for a boycott, considering the state some clubs have been in in the last few years and still managed to sign good players. Newcastle have been in a constant battle with their fans surrounded by speculation of dodgy dealings. If footballers had any sort of integrity they would steer well clear of Newcastle, or Watford and their numerous managers, owners with multiple clubs and penchant for collecting players. West Ham and Allardyce, Villa have been up for sale for 3 years. Cardiff and Hull and their meddling owners.

Replacing Pearson with Ranieri at a superficial level would appear a step in the right direction, on a headline level the "racist orgy" and wife beating is going to have a more negative effect than a managerial change.

It may be that the types of players we are trying to recruit are a bit more interested in the stability of the club, or just that our refusal to be bent over a barrel by agents and having a rigid wage structure means negotiations are stalling.

Last season we got a few early deals done and a few late deals as players realised it was now or never and couldn't start dictating outrageous terms.

We're absolutely hopeless. What another disaster. The owners have a lot to answer for. This is the third consecutive transfer window we've failed miserably in. Unless by some miracle Claudio can bring in some additional quality we're going to finish bottom of the league. This complete fiasco feels like beginning of the end and another 10-20 year stint in the lower leagues. I'm not sure I can bare to watch the first game of the season. So depressing.

I don't see any statements as helping anything, the owners asked us to trust them, and all it did was make people more suspicious, if Rudkin came out and said anything it will just make some people more adamant that he was involved.

As for a boycott, considering the state some clubs have been in in the last few years and still managed to sign good players. Newcastle have been in a constant battle with their fans surrounded by speculation of dodgy dealings. If footballers had any sort of integrity they would steer well clear of Newcastle, or Watford and their numerous managers, owners with multiple clubs and penchant for collecting players. West Ham and Allardyce, Villa have been up for sale for 3 years. Cardiff and Hull and their meddling owners.

Replacing Pearson with Ranieri at a superficial level would appear a step in the right direction, on a headline level the "racist orgy" and wife beating is going to have a more negative effect than a managerial change.

It may be that the types of players we are trying to recruit are a bit more interested in the stability of the club, or just that our refusal to be bent over a barrel by agents and having a rigid wage structure means negotiations are stalling.

Last season we got a few early deals done and a few late deals as players realised it was now or never and couldn't start dictating outrageous terms.

To say Pearson attracted players - what planet are you on???? To say players played for Pearson is absolute rubbish. Players play for themselves. I have not heard of any walking out in support of Pearson or going on strike??? People are so clueless....... Pearson lost so many quality players such as Bamba, Knockeart, Gradell etc all because they had a personality. Why on earth does the club or Rudkin have to come and say anything just to satisfy the narrow mindness of some so called fans. Comments like that make us a laughing stock...

To say Pearson attracted players - what planet are you on???? To say players played for Pearson is absolute rubbish. Players play for themselves. I have not heard of any walking out in support of Pearson or going on strike??? People are so clueless....... Pearson lost so many quality players such as Bamba, Knockeart, Gradell etc all because they had a personality. Why on earth does the club or Rudkin have to come and say anything just to satisfy the narrow mindness of some so called fans. Comments like that make us a laughing stock...

Did you even read my post? Because it looks like you are replying to a completely different one.

:dunno:

We're absolutely hopeless. What another disaster. The owners have a lot to answer for. This is the third consecutive transfer window we've failed miserably in. Unless by some miracle Claudio can bring in some additional quality we're going to finish bottom of the league. This complete fiasco feels like beginning of the end and another 10-20 year stint in the lower leagues. I'm not sure I can bare to watch the first game of the season. So depressing.

Don't care how much stick i get, seriously people on here like you do my fooking head in. Absolute moron. I'm not even going to say why because if its not obvious then you seriously need to be educated. 

I'm sorry but we didn't fail last January. We got Robert Huth who was the difference. We also got Kramaric who I think will be superb this season. It's only this window we've really struggled.

I'm sorry but we didn't fail last January. We got Robert Huth who was the difference. We also got Kramaric who I think will be superb this season. It's only this window we've really struggled.

What's the point in answering these stupid comments? people like him will never get it. (i mean the guy who you are answering not you lol

You sir are a moron. Pearson attracted a lot of players who spoke highly of him. As for the three you mention - Bambi was a liability defensively, which as a cb isn't exactly useful, Knockaert wanted to move closer to his family, only with gradel do you have something resembling a point, and he wasn't really ready for the championship at that point.

I hope there are no long shoe laces, belts, or sharp objects in your vicinity  :o

You mean the window where we have so far signed three players and has five weeks left in it ?

I'm not saying we haven't screwed anything up but to make a judgement at half time is a bit premature.

This !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else not upset about Cambiasso leaving now?; it just seems ages ago since he went.

As long as we bring in adequate replacements I'm not overly fussed.

Without him and Matty J we know we are shite in midfield.

does he play in midfield

Raneiri is expecting a replacement for cambiasso by the end of the week, people talk as though we've got no one lined up. We'll probably have options a-z it's just the priority that could affect us

Have Marseille got 125+ points?

This guy work on the board or something? lol

funny you should wonder about that. I often think similar when reading or posting on here. Its the personal we in a sharp manner that gives away that some are closer to the action than they would lead to believe otherwise

Oh god.

Raneiri is expecting a replacement for cambiasso by the end of the week, people talk as though we've got no one lined up. We'll probably have options a-z it's just the priority that could affect us

Probably because we don't know? We're only fans, don't know what is going on inside the club. Granted Claudio said expect someone coming in by the end of the week, but didn't he say that last week after Lincoln too?

You have to be taking the piss. Nobody is this dense.

Archived