Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Bournemouth away post-match thread

awful performance, thank you very much jamie vardy and schlupp, got us out of a shitty situation.

but bournemouth were there for the taking, look an ok side but without any cutting edge. vardy and schlupp ran them ragged at the end and had we used the pace we have all game, we would have won that game easily. Ref didnt help though, worst we've had all season, gave every decision to bournemouth and vardy should have had a 2nd penalty at the end.

2 points dropped without doubt

Need to keep picking up points when we aren't playing well, excellent month overall in all competitions and Ranieri has a two week break to settle down and work out how we can carry on/ improve after the internationals.

Eight Premier League games unbeaten now, 1 defeat in 13, none in five away- I'm very content so far.

This. Important to not get too down I think. Yes CR tinkered and it didn't play off but we still managed to get a point from it and on the plus side Kante was excellent. 

The penalty that "should" have gone against Kante and "should" have gone for Vardy cancel each other out. But Mahrez was onside. So unlucky result.

Watch the replay. Look at the rules. Watch the replay again, double check the rules out of desperation, then try telling me Mahrez was onside.

A few things we learned today;

1) A new RB is essential as De Laet is turd and a liability.

2) Kante wins balls better than anyone I've seen and never runs out of energy

3) Schlupp is a seriously good player. 

4) Don't tinker a winning side Mr Tinkerman!

He didn't, he kept the same side last week that had beaten West Ham, following on from keeping the same side that beat Sunderland.

Unless you wanted him to play the side that won at Bury?

Phew, what a poor showing today. Overall, I'll take a point but it was rather undeserved.

King and Drinkwater need to be dropped for the next game and De Laet can go find another club.

King and Drinky who were good second half and made us some chances and de leat who kept Daniels and grades at bay for the whole game?

Scrap them for who? Kante, who repeatedly gave the ball away throughout the game, constantly running into brick walls with his head down, Inler who was unconvincing against Bury and Benluane who just hoofed the ball off the pitch at the end of that game when he could have picked out the three players in the middle.

That ref was abysmal, gave a yellow card to our players for non fouls and then refused to even give a free kick on about seven different occasions when our players got hacked out. Okazaki especially. You could have given two penaltys over the one we already had, one for when the keeper clatters through dodoo without winning the ball and another when Vardy was clattered out inside the box a few minutes after. Various free kicks on the edge of the area missed as well, especially when he gives a free kick to the opposition at the end there when it was clearly a dive.

Frustrated that we changed our style today as well. Huge mistake by Ranieri, the players looked uncomfortable with the formation and they must have been thinking "here we go again" when he suggested to play that formation. I don't want to see us adopt for other teams! I want to see us attack and play our game, the second half was so much better. In the end we should have won it with the chances we had. What dodoo was doing when he swings and misses, and we though schlupp's final product was poor lol

Predicted a score draw, haven't watched the game but sound like we where not at our best 1st half, was this down to Bournemouth playing well and shutting us down or just a off game??

You'll get people blaming ranieri for playing 451 but actually I think Bournemouth just came storming out at a frantic pace and we would have struggled perhaps even more with one less midfielder. Second half Bournemouth naturally faded and we dominated. Some poor individual performances was the difference between a win and a draw today.

Big time wrong today BUT Ranieri could see that and made the changes which was refreshing to see from last season where we would have stayed the same shape and lost.

Next game get inler in for drinkwater and please please please get a new right back RDL is such a weak link.

Still undefeated!

First half was worst I've seen us play in a long time. Poor passing, movement and shape. Players looked lost and Vardy was isolated. We knew they were going to attack us but we allowed that to happen for 45 mins which is poor tactically.

Second half better, still wasn't great but at least we held possession better, attacked in a unit and looked threatening.

Think a draw was probably a fair result as Bournemouth offered nothing in the second half. Before the game I might of taken this result but just disappointing as would of liked to of seen more of the second half performance in the first half.

We may have been lucky that Bournemouth was forced to make all their subs due to injury and couldn't make a sub tactically to close the game?

Substitutions was questionable, not sure Dodoo was the right choice and think RDL should of been taken off a lot earlier than possible.

My man of the match was Schlupp. Think him and Kante linked up well (enjoyed Kantes second half performance)

If we'd started with that formation think we would have came away with the win.

A few things we learned today;

1) A new RB is essential as De Laet is turd and a liability.

2) Kante wins balls better than anyone I've seen and never runs out of energy

3) Schlupp is a seriously good player. 

4) Don't tinker a winning side Mr Tinkerman!

We didn't win against Spurs, and as you say Kante was amazing and De Laet not.

Watch the replay. Look at the rules. Watch the replay again, double check the rules out of desperation, then try telling me Mahrez was onside.

Those were penalties by the rules but would have been soft to give. And Mahrez was onside.

A defeat would have been more than we deserved, no urgency, no incentive and no ability - don't think their keeper touched it until the last 20 minutes.

Disaster show from Ranieri, tactics were wrong to start with, we were playing for the 1-0 defeat and hoping that maybe we could nick 0-0 - that's at best how you play away to chelsea while bottom of the table and losing left right and centre, not how you play early on to a newly promoted side. Just hope he learns quicker than Pearson does and forgets any notion of ever playing anything with less than two strikers.

They created just that one bit more up front - and they showed real class in terms of composure and fighting spirit, in particular in the first half.

If it hadn't been for three freak injuries, they'd have run away with a 2-0 in the end. Our central midfield was non-existent, we were crying out loud for creativity, but neither Drinkwater nor King have delivered or put themselves in the shopping window, so to speak.

Lucky, lucky Leicester today.

How the hell can you say that.

A few things today proved:

1) We are MUCH better playing 4-4-2 or 3-4-1-2 than 1 up front.

2) De Laet is not PL standard as we knew anyway

3) Dodoo needs to go out on loan and Shouldn't get in before Kramaric

4) Kasper looks shaky when we are under the cosh as do a number of our players tbf

5) Schlupp is wasted at LB

6) CR needs to stop thinking he is a tactical genius and stick to the basics. I.e. pace and directness

7) The game changed when Gradel went off. Bournemouth were poor after that

8) We need Konchesky back ASAP

Archived