Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Hernandez Signed

26 Tackles in 36 games.... :unsure:

Not far off Morgan & Huth really, who won 34 & 31 tackles last season. Also Hernandez made almost double the amount of interceptions of Huth. (Hernandez 140 interceptions, Huth 76, Morgan, 95).  This is a good signing I can feel it !

A Spanish journo is not so impressed:

orge Ordas, Eurosport.es : "To be honest the transfer has been a little bit surprising for us. He’s not one of the best 15 defenders in La Liga and not even close to the top 10 that includes the likes of Ramos, Pique, Godin… He announced he'd leave Sporting after the last game of the season, but we'd never have dreamt he'd end up on a Champions League adventure with the Premier League champions. "Football-wise, he’s a good defender, not really brilliant at any specific thing, but good in all. He’s not a very good scorer (no goals this season), but he’s a leader in the group and not bad at driving the ball from the defence zone to the attack zone. "It's a complete unknown what will happen with him in the Premier League. Maybe he'll be the next big surprise of the ever-surprising Leicester…"

He has signed but it won't be formal until the transfer window officially opens on July 1. I didn't know that it was closed so I learnt something today.

He has top pass stats so will fit the quick break kind of football we happen to love. It should be noted that as a central defender he also plays in the RB position so I'd guess his way to break into the team is to displace Simpson.

He won't join until the 1st July because his contract doesn't run out until 30th June

orge Ordas, Eurosport.es : "To be honest the transfer has been a little bit surprising for us. He’s not one of the best 15 defenders in La Liga and not even close to the top 10 that includes the likes of Ramos, Pique, Godin… He announced he'd leave Sporting after the last game of the season, but we'd never have dreamt he'd end up on a Champions League adventure with the Premier League champions. "Football-wise, he’s a good defender, not really brilliant at any specific thing, but good in all. He’s not a very good scorer (no goals this season), but he’s a leader in the group and not bad at driving the ball from the defence zone to the attack zone. "It's a complete unknown what will happen with him in the Premier League. Maybe he'll be the next big surprise of the ever-surprising Leicester…"

He fits perfectly into what the club wants from a centre back. We don't give a shit if he scores goals, he's a leader who has good long passing ability and is defensively solid. He's a proper centre back. Clearly the Spanish journo hasn't seen how we play, we aren't after a John Stones fancy boy.

He fits perfectly into what the club wants from a centre back. We don't give a shit if he scores goals, he's a leader who has good long passing ability and is defensively solid. He's a proper centre back. Clearly the Spanish journo hasn't seen how we play, we aren't after a John Stones fancy boy.

Yup. Simeone rating him is a good enough endorsement for me.

I think I'd rather listen to the opinions of Diego Simeone whom knows a proper defender when he see's one and did he not make it in to the la liga team of the year? Pretty decent for a player playing for a team like Gijon. He sounds perfect for us.

Our moneyball scouts > the Madridcentric Spanish press.

Looks pretty good from those statistics.

Yup. Simeone rating him is a good enough endorsement for me.

And Steve Walsh rating him is a pretty good endorsement too!

Not many of our signings were considered top 15 of their leagues when we signed them. Based on this, he'll be great. 

Glad we've announced it. I still have a feeling he somehow died, which explains the wait and now the lack of a picture of him wearing the shirt.

Archived