Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

The "do they mean us?" thread

Stoke and Hull are the two most irrelevant teams to grace the Premier League, couldn't give two shits about what they think of us.

Neither team are, or ever will be, bigger than Leicester.

8 seasons in the Premier League, 1 Fa Cup final and a decent run in the Europa league.

Might not have been the prettiest football under Pulis but least they weren't in relegation fights every season like Wigan who apparently played attractive football.

Erm, Wigan actually won the cup.

• Like 2

I don't understand the majority of Premier League fans. (And by that I mean glory dicks, not football fans that happen to support a team in the PL). It seems really common that they're happy to pass comment about teams they clearly know nothing about, and feigning knowledge on the subject, it's creepy.

I like to keep an eye on the lower leagues when the season is on, but I wouldn't pass a comment like "Rotherham going straight back down. Never heard of any of their players, going to struggle for goals." Also, although of course it's possible, the amount of people who are thinking QPR will do well and we'll be relegated. Surely a bit of logic tells you the team that amassed 102 points and has only added to its squad will probably perform as well if not better than the FFP-timebomb that scraped through the playoffs with an underperforming squad? Or is it a case of "Harry Redknapp? I've heard of him. Rio Ferdinand?! I've heard of him too! QPR will have a good season"

Don't know why it's bothered me as we have nothing to lose really but I really want us to wallop a big team or two. Although I'll settle for just humiliating QPR live on Sky. Have ol' twitchy jiggling his stupid cheeks in disbelief.

Also - any person on Facebook that's clearly never been to a match, let alone being born/living within 8,000 miles of their "team" saying "Welcome to the Premier League" - they can f**k right off too.

I hate the Premier League already! You're all twats

I reckon 'Arry's QPR will do well!  :rolleyes:

I'm more than happy for the media, fans, players and managers of other PL clubs to have a poor opinion of us. It means there's a good chance we'll be underestimated and we'll make them pay.

Burnley had this last season in the Championship and by the time a lot of clubs started giving them the respect they deserved, it was too late. They'd had their kegs down and were on the way to promotion.

I hope every paper has us down to finish 20th, I hope baffoons on talksport ridicule our chances and mock how unfashionable we are. I want every forum to write us off and then I want to be there when the penny drops and we're safe by mid-march.

I completely agree.

as do i. it falls into one of those split second things where the linesman's eye moves from the ball being played to the player receiving it and wrongly assumes they are off side.

You decide. :thumbup:

post-3-0-20736300-1406832546_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

And they were in relegation battles every season under Martinez finally took them down.

I guess the FA cup really isn't that important to some people then, I know I'd bloody love that cup siting in our trophy room. 

Each to their own!  :thumbup:

I guess the FA cup really isn't that important to some people then, I know I'd bloody love that cup siting in our trophy room. 

Each to their own!  :thumbup:

I know what you mean would love our name on the FA cup.

But would not trade it for the prem unless we have struggled to stay up for 3 or 4 years

At that point fvck it take the cup go down and re build.

FA cup or champions league qualification then FA cup in a heart beat.

And they were in relegation battles every season under Martinez finally took them down.

Stoke have been a perennial lower midtable side bar last season. Why do they have it so much better? They'll go down soon enough and unlike Wigan they'll have bugger all to show for it.

They won't be able to look back on trophies or good football. Their stay in the top flight will be memorable for nothing. They're just another Coventry.

• Like 1

I don't understand the majority of Premier League fans. (And by that I mean glory dicks, not football fans that happen to support a team in the PL). It seems really common that they're happy to pass comment about teams they clearly know nothing about, and feigning knowledge on the subject, it's creepy.

I like to keep an eye on the lower leagues when the season is on, but I wouldn't pass a comment like "Rotherham going straight back down. Never heard of any of their players, going to struggle for goals." Also, although of course it's possible, the amount of people who are thinking QPR will do well and we'll be relegated. Surely a bit of logic tells you the team that amassed 102 points and has only added to its squad will probably perform as well if not better than the FFP-timebomb that scraped through the playoffs with an underperforming squad? Or is it a case of "Harry Redknapp? I've heard of him. Rio Ferdinand?! I've heard of him too! QPR will have a good season"

Don't know why it's bothered me as we have nothing to lose really but I really want us to wallop a big team or two. Although I'll settle for just humiliating QPR live on Sky. Have ol' twitchy jiggling his stupid cheeks in disbelief.

Also - any person on Facebook that's clearly never been to a match, let alone being born/living within 8,000 miles of their "team" saying "Welcome to the Premier League" - they can f**k right off too.

I hate the Premier League already! You're all twats

Natural really when the game's sold out. When it's aimed at the casual following glory hunters then you're always going to get a lot of truly thick and ignorant opinions.

Someone's fantasy football review of us

Leicester

Leicester come up to the Premiership after winning the Championship last season, yet they remain a bit of an enigma to me.  They may have won the Championship, but they didn’t dominate any statistical category other than shots per game and shots on target. None of their players were in the Championship best 11 at the end of the season so this points to a team effort much like Swansea or possibly Cardiff in past seasons.  Their introduction to the Premiership isn’t a kind one either with their first three games being Everton, Chelsea, Arsenal.  This is a team where you’ll pick a few value subs or keep them on your watch list for times when you want to free up cap space.

GK: From the heady days at Manchester City (less) young Kasper Schmeichel (4.5) has returned to the Premiership.  He was exciting to watch as a youngster and has spent time facing a lot of shots with the aging back line at Leicester.  He will be busy and at 4.5 is decent value if he can keep the ball out.

D:  Wes Morgan (4.5) and Ritchie de Laet (4.5) were the highest ranked players from Leicester last season.  Together they’ve put in the most appearances, so they’ll be seen again against Premiership opponents.  Each scored a couple of goals but de Laet has picked up more cautions. I think the strikers in the Premiership will likely add to that tally.  The rest of the Leicester defenders are either in their thirties (Paul Konchesky 4.5, Marcin Wasilewski 4.0) or unproven in the Premiership (Liam Moore 4.0, Jeffery Schlupp 4.5).  They did bring in Matthew Upson (4.0) who will be great value in the dressing room and may show flashes of his previous form on field but will likely struggle.

M: Leicester have brought in Marc Albrighton (4.5) who will likely be involved in taking corners but may rack you up a few yellow cards in the process.  Riyad Mahrez (5.0) was their highest rated midfielder last season although if it’s goals you want, and you do, then consider the midfield players with the fun names – Daniel Drinkwater and Anthony Knockaert, both at 5.5.  However, Knockaert is apparently better in the art of knocks having picked up six yellows last season.  I’d avoid Andy King (4.5) who has fallen out of favour with the coach last season, especially when there are other midfielders on the same team, at the same value who will likely get you points.

F:  The biggest business Leicester have done during the transfer window was record signing Leandro Ulloa.  He scored sixteen for Brighton last season but is unproven in the Premiership, and still isn’t rated in the fantasy game (as of writing).  So, depending on his value he might be worth picking up as a dark horse or bench player to allow you the option of getting one of the expensive strikers.  Otherwise, their most prolific goalscoring threat is David Nugent (5.5) who slotted home 20 along with 12 assists.  He’s a fair price, but if you need the extra 0.5 wiggle room in your transfer funds, then James Vardy (5.0) is your man, having scored 16.

I hope they've volunteered writing that utter bullshit and not been paid for it. The kind of moron who pays more attention to pointless 'stats' than what's actually unfolding in front of their own eyes.

Football fans are turning utterly insane.