Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hernandez

I don't think this has been posted before

http://sportwitness.co.uk/talks-continue-leicester-transfer-going-behind-scenes-months/

Luis Hernandez signed for Leicester City on a free transfer this summer, but not everything has gone according to plan. The Spaniard hasn’t been playing regularly, and reports suggest he could make a quick return to Spain.

According to Marca, Malaga are keen on signing the 27-year-old, as they look to make defensive reinforcements. Malaga’s sporting director Francesc Arnau was close to signing Luis Hernandez last summer, before Leicester came in for him.

He didn’t give up, and it’s claimed Arnau has been working on signing Hernandez from Leicester ‘for months’. Talks are continuing on a potential January move for the player.

However, Marca say ‘sources close to the negotiations’ have told them signing Hernandez could be a little complicated for Malaga, as the player has enjoyed the confidence of Claudio Ranieri in the Champions League. The Spaniard hasn’t featured in the last four league matches for Leicester, but it remains to be seen if he’d be sent on loan.

Hernandez has a contract until 2020 at Leicester and has made 10 appearances so far. He might want to stay at the club at least until the summer rather than giving up so early.

Don't think he'll ever be a regular starter for us. If he wants to move for footballing reasons then he should be allowed to leave but only when we have a suitable replacement.  I doubt he'll leave in January for that reason.

We're one injury away from real problems in centre defence, and we don't want the centre defence to become a serious problem just when it looks like we might have fixed central midfield. Simply can't tell if Hernandez is good enough due to his lack of game time. I feel he has performed competently at RB in Champions League games, but it is now a chicken and egg situation. We're unlikely to rest Wes or Huth anytime soon, so he won' get a chance until one of them is injured or suspended.

We're clearly trying to get a centre back in, and whilst I would never advocate recklessness in our transfer dealings, I would be happy if we spent up to £20 million on a quality centre back before the end of January. Easier said than done though

if we can get a decent replacement that can go straight into the first team then let him leave.it looks like he will never be a regular starter for us and has had a few  poor games when he has played.we haven't got any decent backup for Huth and Morgan, two aging defenders who play week in week out and are an injury away from giving us a real defensive crisis

14 minutes ago, KFS said:

Why are nearly all of our fringe buys so poor ffs.

Firstly... I really don't think we can call him poor yet...

But if we take your point against other buys, I really think it's just the state of the market! Back up buys can cost upwards of £15 million now, so if we are still signing Free's and people below £10 million the chances are they might not be up to scratch as quick as we want them to be.

Looking at his stats in Spain, it makes you wonder why we signed him in the first place if we never intended to change how we play and keep encouraging our defenders to punt it aimlessly as far as possible. He made nearly as many successful passes and forward passes last season as Wes and Huth managed put together. Made 140 inceptions as well which is loads. Not that great aerially though. 

He isn't poor, he is just not a RB and brand new, and maybe not suited yet to the Premier League. I can't imagine Huth or Wes lasting long in Spain, especially if they were played at RB. 

Morgan can't play every game and looks lost, Wasyl is done and Huth will be suspended at least another time. Makes no sense to get rid. 

14 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

if we can get a decent replacement that can go straight into the first team then let him leave.it looks like he will never be a regular starter for us and has had a few  poor games when he has played.we haven't got any decent backup for Huth and Morgan, two aging defenders who play week in week out and are an injury away from giving us a real defensive crisis

Agree, I don't think Huth or Morgan can keep up with top flight week in week out next season and if benny goes and hernandez we are not left with a lot of choice apart from Amartey (maybe) and at a push Mendy

15 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Firstly... I really don't think we can call him poor yet...

But if we take your point against other buys, I really think it's just the state of the market! Back up buys can cost upwards of £15 million now, so if we are still signing Free's and people below £10 million the chances are they might not be up to scratch as quick as we want them to be.

Yeah hoping he comes good. Maybe I've answered my own question as well- buying backup is a dangerous game since the only chance they get to improve is in training...

2 minutes ago, KFS said:

Yeah hoping he comes good. Maybe I've answered my own question as well- buying backup is a dangerous game since the only chance they get to improve is in training...

He looks alright, not amazing, but unless you get games you don't always gel with the team as much.

Fine, but we need to do what we should have done in the summer and buy a quality centre back.

For me his never been anything other then a squad player who we can make do with for an odd game here or there.

We have two aging CB, we will have to look to a future soon rather then later 

Another new signing that hasnt been here too long and we havent seen the best of him yet Im sure. He has been OK without being spectacular but you would imagine its a bit of a culture shock for someone like him to come to his first overseas club. Im sure he has to settle to his new surroundings and that doesnt happen over night. Ive lost count of the amount of British players who tried overseas and didnt last 5 minutes before coming back to good old blighty.

However, we do have to accept that players may decide they dont want to be here for the fight or just cant get used to the change of environment and even culture. If the rumours are true, hopefully we can get a few million back to cover his wages to date and signing on fee etc. If he goes, Im sure financially we wont be worse off. As for letting him go, I would sell if he wants to go back home. Its not going to be a major loss. Albrighton I think could make a decent right back/wing back (I see him getting less game time in forward positions) and I think with 3 weeks to go we will be signing a new defender anyway. I still want Sakho from Liverpool on loan for 6 months with a view for a permanent deal.

Archived