Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Snik-Snok

Have we ever signed an actual first choice Premier League player?

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Didn't we get him from a Malaysian team or somewhere obscure?

I'm sure some of the others mentioned above were signed from PL teams though...

ah yeah, had to check. thought he came from west sham

55 minutes ago, Koke said:

He wasn't first choice at the time. Everton wouldn't send their first choice striker on loan to Leicester.

Yeah but all he ever did was score goals !! 

(if anybody remembers the clowns on FT that moaned about the Yak) :D

59 minutes ago, Koke said:

He wasn't first choice at the time. Everton wouldn't send their first choice striker on loan to Leicester.

Ah you're right. I remember thinking it was a real coup though, and so did the rest of the division!

4 minutes ago, KFS said:

Ah you're right. I remember thinking it was a real coup though, and so did the rest of the division!

It was a real coup in terms of quality, he was/is a proven quality striker, but we paid a stupid loan fee for him so financially it wasn't a 'coup'.

32 minutes ago, sk3since03 said:

Yeah but all he ever did was score goals !! 

(if anybody remembers the clowns on FT that moaned about the Yak) :D

He scored 11 goals in 20 games for us. Clearly a quality striker. I do remember at the time he'd get stick for being lazy and some people said "all Yakubu does is score goals". :D

It became a FT joke for a while. I actually feel it's creeping back in with Slimani. "He's poor, all he does is score goals".

5 minutes ago, Koke said:

Wasn't Danny Simpson first choice at QPR when we signed him? They were a Premier League club in August 2014 when we signed him..

Think they had Mauricio Isla on loan at the time and he as starting to get pushed out...(I think)

2 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

i remember QPR signing a load of players for that system but it went tits up when is dawned on everyone Rio Ferdinand was past it.

Yeah me too, because I was jealous of their "excellent business" and guess I was wrong about that. 

2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Callum Davidson?

I'm fairly sure he was starting left back at Blackburn. ****ing terrible distribution from him.

I think they were relegated prior to the summer we signed him, so yes and no. 

Sorry OP what's it matter where a player comes from. If a player come from the City league and done a job that's all that counts.

Kante done a job n was not prem. Could we have bought better. At the time I say no.

I would have asked how many players have we bought that done the job from the start. ?

37 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Sorry OP what's it matter where a player comes from. If a player come from the City league and done a job that's all that counts.

Kante done a job n was not prem. Could we have bought better. At the time I say no.

I would have asked how many players have we bought that done the job from the start. ?

I think you have missed the point entirely.

Robert Huth until the season we signed him where he fell behind Wollscheid in the pecking order at Stoke

Steffen Fruend played a lot of games for Spurs, not sure where his career was at when we got him

Where was Ben Thatcher playing? Steve Howey?

48 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

I think you have missed the point entirely.

No my point is its a wider question. Why does it matter where a player comes from. If the club pays for a player they should do the job.

kids are different you buy hoping they will.

Archived