Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

Woy?

It wouldn't be a bad preseason appointment to be honest, did really well at Fulham. Liverpool was a bad job for him and so was England. We're about his level really.

Don't think he's a good "honeymoon period" appointment though.

He's my preference for the job. He was never going to be a success with England but he has proven how well he can do with clubs no bigger than us. I'd be delighted with him. He's as close to a guarantee of top ten finishes as we're likely to get.

We really would be properly hated by the rest of world football if we appointed Hodgson - and rightly so.

I can't imagine a more uninspiring appointment. The blokes a clown who's clearly lost his marbles.

No, no, no, no, no. Just the thought of it makes me cringe. He should be in a home...

I think judging his ability to manage a club of our stature on his England record is unfair. He has spent his career being a pragmatic 4-4-2 man which was never going to work at the top level of international football, nor would it normally achieve success against the top club sides (see his Liverpool stint).

He started in that style with England and was found out. He then attempted to move towards a more possession-based style which more suitable for the players at his disposal. It didn't work out because that style of play on the ball just doesn't work within the rigid framework he prefers. That, and it's miles away from what he is used to, and good at, coaching.

If I were a Manu United fan I wouldn't want him near my club. He can't do it at that level. However with West Brom he finished 8th and 10th, and at Fulham he finished 7th and 12th. The year they finished 12th was the year he led them to the Europa League final. The man is very capable of organising middling teams to relative success. If somebody were to tell me our next four seasons would consist of 7th, 8th, 10th and 12th placed finishes and a Europa League final I'd bite their hand off for it.

Of course football evolves quickly, tactically speaking. But playing organized football hasn't yet stopped being successful at a certain level. Hodgson would bring that and give the fans the established top flight status which many crave. He's also a decent man. That appeals to me. I want our club represented well both on and off the pitch. If he wants it, give him the job.

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

We really would be properly hated by the rest of world football if we appointed Hodgson - and rightly so.

I can't imagine a more uninspiring appointment. The blokes a clown who's clearly lost his marbles.

No, no, no, no, no. Just the thought of it makes me cringe. He should be in a home...

Dont worry, if he becomes the man.....It would put all the fox fans in a home.:o

9 minutes ago, s11nny said:

he's got an decent club record when u think about it. Doesn't matter who was in charge of England, they would of done sh*t. Only black mark on his club record is Liverpool

Not if they'd have picked in form players in their correct positions. Being England manager is piss easy, I've no idea why so many of these twats are so bad at it.

12 minutes ago, LJS said:

He's my preference for the job. He was never going to be a success with England but he has proven how well he can do with clubs no bigger than us. I'd be delighted with him. He's as close to a guarantee of top ten finishes as we're likely to get.

Let's not forget him basically taking former champions Blackburn down.

Archived