Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Pearson Sacked

Felt sick when I found out which sounds pathetic but its true. It was as much about off the pitch, as on it with Nige. Klopp or bust. Lennon is the only non 'big name' that would have me remotely interested.

Firstly, whatever you think of the decision, the timing is absolutely appalling.

If it is to do with his son, then I think people need to have a look at their comments last month. Everyone was so keen for them all to be sacked, despite the fact only hopper was caught doing anything derogatory or racist. The others were merely involved in an orgy, as far as we know.

It's concerning due to the timing, with signings already made and others in the balance. I'm also concerned who we bring in.

But, Pearson made a pigs ear of things at times last season, and he never seemed to learn lessons about how needed to play. So, we can certainly improve if we pick the right bloke.

Really shocked and quite disappointed to be honest. Wanted him yone mid season but not after that survival. Was really hoping we could build from that and have a fighting chance next season, especially with the signings we've made. Really really surprised by our owners. Shows a different side to them, one which I really don't like.

I'm still in shock having only discovered this a few minutes ago. Surely, of any club in this league, we should know that changing managers is a massive gamble that is no guarantee of things getting better. Desperately want to believe there are rock solid reasons for this and that the person they bring in will hit the ground running and inspire the whole club and fan base. That momentum was so crucial at the end of last season. We can't afford to waste half a season rediscovering it. Oh feck it. Bedtime.

Has someone already confirmed that Klopp won't be coming here because I think some people are getting a bit carried away, I realise most aren't being serious but that guy is World Class.

If Sean Dyche comes here I may cry, at least Allardyce has a proven Premier League record.

Having read alot of the points on this thread a few I really take issue with.

Firstly people saying the owners have been brilliant and haven't made a bad decision yet. 

1. Getting rid of Pearson for a stylish big name in Sousa

2. Getting Sven in and allowing him to spunk money up the wall

3. Trying to get Martin O'Neill back and having to settle for Pearson as about the 5th choice when their other candidates rejected them.

4. Tapping up 'Arry when Pearson was struggling in the Championship.

5. Sacking Pearson in February before embarrassingly having to reinstate him.

6. Sacking Pearson now.

Sure they have thrown alot of moeny about in terms of giving us free Tshirts and beer, improved the training facilities. But their managerial decision have been absolutely shocking, and the only success they had was stumbling upon Pearson as a last resort. I have absolute zero faith they actually understand how to identify and recruit managers and this appointment at this stage in the clubs development could break us.

Secondly people saying Pearson isn't bigger than the club. Well actually he is the club from top to bottom. The desire that the players showed were not because they care for Leicester City but because they played for their manager. Just look in the last month of the statements of Huth, Fuchs, Schlupp, Schmeichel, Berner, Vardy saying how much they respected him they played for him. Without that togetherness we just become another souless club bringing in players who are here for the pay packet.

Thirdly people saying we have to support the new manager whoever it is. Well no we don't. We can show our disapproval as fans both in our voice and in attendance if the appointment is someone of the Redknapp/Dyche ilk. I can guarantee that the atmosphere generated in the 2nd half of last season will be lost,again something that took over 10 years at the stadium to find. Why should we blindly support something that we believe is completely wrong without any sort of explanation?

Great post.

Some strange things coming out in this thread being used against our owners. A lot of stuff I've never heard before, and certainly that has never been confirmed. I don't agree with this decision but I still think they are good owners. Pearson has just fallen out with the board, it happens. 

Didn't do a bad job at Swansea after they lost Rodgers to Liverpool.

Sacked for having half the players turn against him for his bizarre training regime. As well as 'eroding' the principles of their club, as he took a defeatest, 'don't try today lads' approach to some games and talked of leagues within leagues.

Guest LCFC_World

Looking back at Pearsons press conferences and I think they're hilarious. Just came across this one, worth a watch if you haven't seen it before. The reporter makes a fool of himself in my opinion haha.

Anyway, in my opinion, the owners have made a huge mistake. Anyone that says we have the 'perfect' owners have a lot of thinking to do.

Really confused by this. If it is about his son, I assumed he was a bigger man than that, and he'd have been able to respect that his son messed up and the club were right to fire him. The players are his players, so whoever comes in will either take forever to get to grips with them, or will want to replace them. 

I do think the owners are generally good for the club. But I don't think this is.

Sacked for having half the players turn against him for his bizarre training regime. As well as 'eroding' the principles of their club, as he took a defeatest, 'don't try today lads' approach to some games and talked of leagues within leagues.

well he can **** off then

I'm as bemused and disappointed by this as most other people on here.

It's pretty clear that whatever happened between Pearson and the owners was sudden and irreparable. If this was about off the field antics during the season, or the results on the pitch, we would've seen him go in May.

I do personally think Pearson jr's public display of affection, and his old man's subsequent reaction to it had a big impact. It's simply too big an elephant in the room to ignore. (Trunk-based puns unintentional)

I don't buy this about wanting to secure players' signature before sacking him. How would you expect a player to perform who has been brought to a club under false pretences?

Having said that, many people are on here are acting as if the owners took this decision on a whim...

Do people seriously think they didn't consider the reprocussions this might have next season? The effect on the current crop of players? The impact it might have on signings and the outrage it would cause amongst us, the fans that they've worked so hard to win the trust of?

As much as we'd all like to think otherwise, above all else to them, Leicester is a business. They want to see that business flourish.

I'm just hoping they've got a real ace up their sleeves.

Man just read adam quoting you and I genuinely thought you were talking about Pearson for a second.

Having reflected on this for the past few hours I still haven't made my mind up where I stand. I am absolutely gutted that the best manager I have ever seen manage this football club has lost his job, particularly after an amazing three years. I can't imagine this club without Pearson. However, if what is said is true, and that he had become increasingly difficult since his sons sacking, is this really the man we want in charge of our football club? Whilst it is his son, yes, can he not clearly see that this incident has thrown the club into disregard and still remain to stand by him.

Firstly, whatever you think of the decision, the timing is absolutely appalling.

If it is to do with his son, then I think people need to have a look at their comments last month. Everyone was so keen for them all to be sacked, despite the fact only hopper was caught doing anything derogatory or racist. The others were merely involved in an orgy, as far as we know.

It's concerning due to the timing, with signings already made and others in the balance. I'm also concerned who we bring in.

But, Pearson made a pigs ear of things at times last season, and he never seemed to learn lessons about how needed to play. So, we can certainly improve if we pick the right bloke.

You're right in your first two points. I'm amazed to see people arguing that because it's pre-season the timing is automatically good. Sort of ignores the ten million we've already spent, the stunning form we were in, and the fact that pre-season is days away. We could have done this five or six weeks ago, after Sunderland even. And in terms of its manner, Pearson has obviously dug his heels in because I'm sure they'd have loved to use the term 'mutual consent' with this one.

And yes, I was concerned by the wave of hate towards James Pearson and the others. I felt people's responses were quite emotional and I saw that various posters were warning people that we could be putting our manager in a tricky position, that fans needed to be careful how much 'noise' they were creating. Essentially JP had sex in the same room as an idiot, who was acting like an idiot. I can imagine the strength of criticism on here, which was repeated across the press, played a role in the board's decision and the spreading of the negative press.

But, in all honesty, I'm not convinced that this is connected with Thailand. If it is, then the board may still have mishandled the situation horribly, when the slightest concern for the predicament of their (very successful) manager could have averted any disaster.

As for the future, yes it can get better. But back in March it was stated several times that we shouldn't have feared sacking Pearson, or at least not in the context of our history, because we'd often fared well after sacking managers in bad positions, or at very least no worse; whereas persistence with failing managers had often backfired. That turned out to be wrong. But when successful managers have left Leicester, that has almost invariably led to disaster. This is what concerns me, even though I'm aware of various PL precedents for success coming after a popular manager leaves.

There have been a few incidents through out the season, telling a fan to "**** off and die" the Mcarthur incident and even Pearson being sacked for a day. But with reference to the Thai sex tape and them three ****ing imbeciles two have moved on and Pearson's son hasn't, Why? IF it comes out that NP has fallen out with the board over his son being sacked and trying to fight his corner then he his a ****ing moron and deserves to go, otherwise there need to be a proper explanation.

Archived