Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Back in for Amartey - Official

Apparently it's a little premature but it is very much in the pipeline. Amartey seems interested and fee seems to be £5.6 million. Work permit is only real stumbling block

Interesting comment - 'Apparently it's a little premature' - ITK or did you read in your tea leafs this

morning?

p.s. I am not ITK - just curious when I see a comment like this.

We bid the same last summer only to be hindered by work permit rules. Marseille offered less and ultimately negotiations between the player and them broke down as far as I understood.

With the season we've had, I'm not doubting one second that we would be his preferred destination of the two. I mean, Ayew went to Marseille and despite being available on a free ended up in bloody Swansea!

We've took the best player from the biggest team in the country and biggest team in what is one of the richest cities in the world. 

Do you still feel like you support a small club now?

We're going places competing in the transfer market like this. There is know way on earth FC Copenhagen needed to sell this player for funds.

FC Copenhagen did not make the Champions League, so they will be keen to sell. They run themselves like a business more than anything, and they stand to make a £4mil profit from a player they bought just 18 months ago. Pretty good business for them!

Just imagine our more 'defensive' formation being;

Simpson ---- Wes ---- Huth ---- Fuchs

------------------ Amarty -----------------

--------- Drinky ---------- Kante ---------

--- Mahrez ---------------------- Gray ---

------------------ Vardy -------------------

The amount of pace and ability in there is scary. 

Can't see him getting a work permit. Haven't they tightened the rules up since the Kramaric signing?

Work Permit? Give him a fake Syrian Passport and have a word with Merkel - job done.

Guest CityFan 06

Genuinely getting excited about this signing if it comes off. He's pacey and looks like he could suit us and the way we play.

Just imagine our more 'defensive' formation being;

Simpson ---- Wes ---- Huth ---- Fuchs

------------------ Amarty -----------------

--------- Drinky ---------- Kante ---------

--- Mahrez ---------------------- Gray ---

------------------ Vardy -------------------

The amount of pace and ability in there is scary. 

I think we will play like this.  Amartey can sit back and help out either side so Mahrez/Gray/Albrighton can attack and wont be caught out as much.  Also Kante and Drinkwater can push forward and go on driving runs and occupy the space that Shinji would break up play.  If we need to change one of the midfield can come off and Shinji/Leo can help out.  

Archived