Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Xen

THAT goal

Are you putting it on YouTube for us all to see?

Only messed around using Youtube videos but my colleague says he'll have a go tonight on making it properly, so I'll link it if he gets round to it  

While I'm on about Peake's goal there's another match v liverpool that never gets talked about, a 3-3 midweek game at filbert street during the 80’s that saw three belters from City, Peake getting two and Banks the other, all from outside the area. 

I'm always talking about it because I remember it like it was yesterday - simply because, alongside that other legendary 3-3 draw with 'Arsehole' it's the best game I ever saw at Filbert Street. It was a warm spring evening April 1984 and it was end to end stuff throughout. Question is, did Andy Peake and Ian Banks actually ever score from anywhere other than outside the area? 

You remember it wrongly though. That particular night it was Lineker, Lynex and Peake for City. Rushie definitely scored for Liverpool as did Ronnie Whelan, can't recall who got their third. Just like today, we were lethal on the counter. 

Rihads part in the goal seems to have been over looked by many including myself at the time

At best it was a 50/50 when the ball was cleared in the air and he won his header

It was then probably 60/40 in his favour with his next touch but not only did he control it he shifted it so quickly out of his feet his marker was left for dead

The 60 yard pass then finished it off

Vardy had the easy bit ...

wish there was a dugout angle. must have looked ridiculous from half way in the west stand, right behind it. 

I was thinking that the best angles would be ground level on the half way line on either side.

Must have looked ridic.

Man leaves wife and children for Jamie Vardy's goal
03-02-16

goal425.jpg?resize=425%2C265

A 31-YEAR-OLD has left his wife and two children to spend his life with Jamie Vardy’s goal against Liverpool. 

Nathan Muir announced his decision early this morning after 14 hours spent watching the goal on replay which he described as “the best night of my life”. 

He continued: “This is who I really am. The curves of Vardy’s goal, its forceful, dipping beauty, made me realise I’d been living a lie for far too long. 

“I never made a big thing of it, but I always used to record the goal of the month on VHS when I was a youngster. So it’s definitely not a mid-life crisis.

“I never meant to hurt anyone. I’m not even a Leicester fan. But just look at it.”

Muir, who has moved into a studio flat with a 50″ curved television, mini-fridge and Sky Sports, told his wife he does not plan to contest custody of their children.

His nine-year-old Dylan said: “Mum blames the goal for everything, but I don’t think that’s fair and it is really beautiful. 

“I might be happier living with it.”

• Like 3

Guest CityFan 06

One of the best assists of the season too from Mahrez in my opinion which lead to Vardy's super goal. The clip of us playing the one touch football is quality as well.

While I'm on about Peake's goal there's another match v liverpool that never gets talked about, a 3-3 midweek game at filbert street during the 80’s that saw three belters from City, Peake getting two and Banks the other, all from outside the area. This game also saw me join the ranks of hooligans as I lamped one on my liverpool supporting brother after dalgleish (I think) came on and equalised making it 3-3.

Anyway, i found myself thinking of this game before kick off and just had a feeling we were going to see something special tonight. We sure did. lol

That's strange cuz I was telling my lad before the game about another midweek game v Liverpool in 70s that we had won 3-2 and Weller had got a hat trick. We also discussed the best goal that we had seen live!

That's strange cuz I was telling my lad before the game about another midweek game v Liverpool in 70s that we had won 3-2 and Weller had got a hat trick. We also discussed the best goal that we had seen live

Wasn't that Frank Worthington? We came from 2 down both from Tosh I think. I remember the headline next day in the Merc...... A worthy effort Frank - and City!

Edited by seymour

OCHO CINCO

OCHO CINCO

OCHO CINCO

http://espn.go.com/video/clipTest?id=14700738

That video no worky for me.

This one will if for some reason you want to see an ex-nfl player comment on Vardy's goal.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/video/premier-league-highlights/148/video/2799963/watch-ochocinco-breaks-down-vardys-strike

vardy is going to win the golden boot, pfa player of the season, club player of the season, goal of the season, the league title and have a film made about him. he might win euro 2016 too. WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE. 

• Like 1

I'm always talking about it because I remember it like it was yesterday - simply because, alongside that other legendary 3-3 draw with 'Arsehole' it's the best game I ever saw at Filbert Street. It was a warm spring evening April 1984 and it was end to end stuff throughout. Question is, did Andy Peake and Ian Banks actually ever score from anywhere other than outside the area? 

You remember it wrongly though. That particular night it was Lineker, Lynex and Peake for City. Rushie definitely scored for Liverpool as did Ronnie Whelan, can't recall who got their third. Just like today, we were lethal on the counter. 

I was there too, I think John Wark scored their third.

• Like 1