Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Xen

THAT goal

58 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

You need to think about it in terms of numbers, not what we call them. 

For example, there was no year 0, the first decade started in year 1 and ended in year 10, and it's been like that ever since!

You don’t just start at 1, zero is the starting point of numeracy 

This decade ends midnight on the 31st December (or is it midnight on the 1st of Jan??) either way. It's a bit previous to be doing goal of the decade when there are still so many matches to go. Not that anyone will score a better goal than that. It is sublime, it's perfect, unimaginably good.

Pundits were doing it in their pants about Henderson's ball to the ox and his finish, but the pass from Mahrez and Vardy's finish is better than anything you or I will ever see again (until Vardy's winner off a Dennis Praet pass in the Champion's league final 2021.)

Edited by trabuch

10 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

But there's still a year to go.

(Sorry, it just really, really, grates that everyone ends decade's on a 9 year, when common sense screams,at me it should be a 10 year.)

Peter: “Oh Lord, how old are you now, that we might remember your miracles?”

Jesus: “I am 29, Peter.”

Peter: “Then I declare this the year 29AD!”

Trav Iscariot: “Let me stop you there, Peter. While our Lord himself spent his first year being 0 years old, we cannot very well label a year as 0 can we? That’s ridiculous! When Christ turns 30, let us call that 31AD!”

Jesus: “FFS Trav. You’re not making it into the gospels with chat like that...”

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Yes. You were also born in the 2nd millennium, though not in the 1900s.

As explained elsewhere you don't count to ten 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Also, no year zero.

Seriously, how difficult is this to understand that practically EVERYONE is wrong!?

So you're saying that when Tony Blair was Auld Lang Syning with The Queen in the Millennium Dome on New Year's Eve 1999, they were a year early? 

12 hours ago, Plastik Man said:

Do you? Most of us count from 1.

More relevently to this is you start from year 1, not 0. 0 might be a point in time, but there is no year 0. 

Ok Let’s try a different explanation then 

what minute is it classed as something happening in a football match say for example 9mins and 30secs? 

I’m sure you will agree it’s the tenth minute 

so 9 years and 6 months is therefore in the 10th year? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

Peter: “Oh Lord, how old are you now, that we might remember your miracles?”

Jesus: “I am 29, Peter.”

Peter: “Then I declare this the year 29AD!”

Trav Iscariot: “Let me stop you there, Peter. While our Lord himself spent his first year being 0 years old, we cannot very well label a year as 0 can we? That’s ridiculous! When Christ turns 30, let us call that 31AD!”

Jesus: “FFS Trav. You’re not making it into the gospels with chat like that...”

Jesus did indeed turn 29 in 29 A.D..

But only cos he was born 1 B.C. (1 week early.... (except JC wasn't born on 25th Dec, but that's another discussion)) and the next year was 1 A.D... bizarrely.

So, at the end of 9 A.D. everyone's sending each other there top ten psalms or lamentations of the original noughties, and Jesus is going, "hang about, I'm only 9!"

2 hours ago, LestaAl said:

Let’s get back to That Goal... or start a new thread       ‘ Decades ...for those with more free time than others.’

Was over from NYC that week and in the back row of the kop thanks to @Bayfox-- it felt like the game was in slow motion when Mahrez played that ball to Vardy, and I just kept thinking, "don't hit it, don't hit it." But, my goodness, once Vardy struck that ball, it was only going in. I wound up a few rows down during the beautifully raucous eruption around the stadium. 

Watching the replays now, I'm struck by how long the crowd and the players celebrated after the goal. Damn, what a moment.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Plastik Man said:

You need to think about it in terms of numbers, not what we call them. 

For example, there was no year 0, the first decade started in year 1 and ended in year 10, and it's been like that ever since!

What am I reading?