Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

On to ARSENAL, away.. Next up....

Love this from Mahrez

This Sunday, they face another as they travel to third-placed Arsenal, who are five points behind and whose boss says Leicester are favourites to win at Emirates Stadium.

"He is just saying that to take the pressure of his team," added Mahrez.

"Arsenal have to win the title because it is an obligation for them. For us it is a bonus, a dream. It will be a very difficult game. They are a big team who play in the Champions League every year.

"We don't have any pressure. We will just play how we do every game"

Just deflecting that pressure right back on to arsenal.

I just can't think of anything else at the moment. I'm swinging from being confident to worrying that they'll win comfortably. Our record there is just so bad and they've won 40 of their last 44 home league games over the past 2.5 seasons. So a win here would be unreal and, I suspect, much tougher to achieve than last week as although they play a high line, which normally suits us, they have some v quick defenders (looks like Mertasacker won't play).

Working in London with so many Gooners would make a victory only more special!

Just like the Man City game - this one is a freebie.

Win - 5-7 points clear

Draw - 3-5 points clear

Lose - 2-4 points clear

So play without pressure, and just play our A game.

Lose and we will be two points clear any way you look at it because Arsenal will be two points behind.

Started reading more crap from the "Foreign Arsenal fans". All are convinced that since Arsenal beat Leicester 5-2, it will be a repeat. I'm not sure any of them saw the previous game. I certainly hope we win big. I'd like to wake these fans up to reality! Leicester 3-1

One of my best mates is like this. Absolutely arrogant and blind to our potential in the squad, just because they are the "bigger" club. He too cites the 5v2 defeat. I'm fairly sure we didn't have Fuchs or Kante playing (or if they did not like how they are now) and those two will make a surprising difference to those Arsehole mugs.

I sound like Keegan for this, but I would love it if we beat them!!!

Decided to have a quick look through the history section to try and find the last time we beat these away (in the league).

It was only a quick look but I couldn't see anything since we beat them 2-0 in September 1973.  42 and a half years ago!

Based on that alone, a win down there would be amazing.  I would take a draw if you offered it to me right now though. 

Dunno whether we'd prefer Mertesacker or Gabriel in defence. What Mertesacker has in experience he lacks in pace.

One of the stats on the BBC match page is this:

"Arsenal have only conceded once all season when defender Gabriel has completed 90 minutes."

I would personally prefer us to face Mertesacker but everything seems to point towards Gabriel starting.

Dunno whether we'd prefer Mertesacker or Gabriel in defence. What Mertesacker has in experience he lacks in pace.

Either ...   one too slow (where's Vardy gone ?) ...      the other can't communicate (mark who ?) ...    either way JV scores.

"Arsenal have only conceded once all season when defender Gabriel has completed 90 minutes."

I would personally prefer us to face Mertesacker but everything seems to point towards Gabriel starting.

Thats a cracking stat.

Thats a cracking stat.

it's much less impressive when you realise he has completed 90 minutes just 5 times (vs united, everton, bournemouth x2 and southampton) and they've conceded in his starts vs norwich and chelsea (x2) he just hasn't been on til full time. it's a shit stat really and shows what you can do with stats. 

GABRIEL ONLY CONCEDES ONCE IN FULL GAMES ALL SEASON 

aka 

arsenal kept a clean sheet against bournemouth twice and at home to southampton and man u. 

I just can't think of anything else at the moment. I'm swinging from being confident to worrying that they'll win comfortably. Our record there is just so bad and they've won 40 of their last 44 home league games over the past 2.5 seasons. So a win here would be unreal and, I suspect, much tougher to achieve than last week as although they play a high line, which normally suits us, they have some v quick defenders (looks like Mertasacker won't play).

Working in London with so many Gooners would make a victory only more special!

Indeed a win would be the first at Arsenal in as long as I can remember! Last time we beat them was over 32 years ago in the league - November 1983! - although we edged them out of the FA Cup in R4 replay in 2000 in the O'Neill era after a pens shoot out, thus earning Wenger the 'arsey Wenger' tag of course re our spoiling tactics deployed at that time  :)

I've seen reports that Gabriel didn't train today. Dunno if it's true, though.

Don't worry

http://www.arsenalstation.com/2016/02/13/arsenal-dealt-blow-as-key-man-picks-up-injury-ahead-of-leicester/

Archived