fuchsntf Posted 10 May 2016 Posted 10 May 2016 Firstly , I reckon they have had some great reporting on the move and history behind the ground. But, its been just too much. IT will always be Upton Park for me, not the Boleyn. I dont mind them/hammers having their story aired . Its just been never ending, in comparison to others clubs who have moved grounds. I missed the Monday morning reviews on the weekend games, they hardly got a showing, We have got hammered now for 2 solid days. Am I being too small minded.. ??
kingcarr21 Posted 10 May 2016 Posted 10 May 2016 How can you complain after the amount of airtime we have had this week. Other fans must be sick to death of Leicester now
Richard Posted 10 May 2016 Posted 10 May 2016 I did think did we have this much coverage when Arsenal left Highbury? West Ham play their last FA cup game at the Boleyn The penultimate game at the Boleyn The last time *insert name* will ever play at the Boleyn. etc etc. And it's always been Upton Park to me, never even heard it called the Boleyn Ground until about 18 months ago
Voll Blau Posted 10 May 2016 Posted 10 May 2016 They're going a bit overboard on it compared to others, it's true. That said, I bloody love the place. Really sad to see it go.
ScouseFox Posted 10 May 2016 Posted 10 May 2016 not many big clubs/famous grounds have gone since sky sports news took to twitter. have they? this'll happen every time a club move nowadays, #farewellground #groundmemoriesssnhq #favouritegroundmomentsssnhq #ssnhq #****off
goose2010 Posted 10 May 2016 Posted 10 May 2016 Has it always been the Boleyn Ground then? I thought it was Upton Park until the time we heard they were moving then it seemed to change to the Boleyn Ground.
Babylon Posted 10 May 2016 Posted 10 May 2016 No fecker called it the Boleyn for years. It's Upton park and I'm sick of hearing about it... surprised we aren't all being made to have a minutes silence for it come the last game.
Itsthejoeker Posted 10 May 2016 Posted 10 May 2016 The way they're talking about it is like they're being forced out. They've chosen to dump their historic ground for a free one
foxy boxing Posted 10 May 2016 Posted 10 May 2016 so the boleyn ground is now for the chop, we'll slice open west ham in their new stadium next season
Bayfox Posted 10 May 2016 Posted 10 May 2016 Can someone explain the reason for the names? It was always Upton Park when I was growing up.
DB11 Posted 10 May 2016 Posted 10 May 2016 Quick Google said that West Ham wanted to ensure their ground was known by its proper name during their final season there.
Footballwipe Posted 10 May 2016 Posted 10 May 2016 I think the fact it's the Olympic Stadium they're moving to makes a difference on the level of coverage. They're not just moving to the LoanShark Stadium in an industrial estate, it's a hugely famous stadium, and they're moving away from a current ground which has so much heritage in and around the ground itself. That being said, it's the end of the season, there's not much to play for (title done, relegation all but decided,) the playoffs don't start till Friday and they have exhausted everything they can say about us. Don't see a problem with it myself. The Chairman interviews are a bit self-loving (Sullivan loved the "we've bid for someone but I'm not telling you who") but there's some insight in a few of the interviews, both from staff and businesses affected.
AyewJoking Posted 10 May 2016 Posted 10 May 2016 upton park boelyn ground is the home of english football. trophies have been won and lost there, its been home to legends such as sir bobby moore, frank lampard and julian dicks. i dont know whether they'll ever be able to recreate the best footballing atmosphere in the country but one things for sure...................... theyre gonna need more bubbles
AyewJoking Posted 10 May 2016 Posted 10 May 2016 Just be glad they aren't bumming Spurs once. twice?? thats gonna hurt in the morning
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo Posted 10 May 2016 Posted 10 May 2016 I've heard parts of the stadium (seats etc) are being auctioned off when it's taken down - I take it that's being shared out to the taxpayer then, who paid for the new stadium?
Wymsey Posted 10 May 2016 Posted 10 May 2016 I've heard parts of the stadium (seats etc) are being auctioned off when it's taken down - I take it that's being shared out to the taxpayer then, who paid for the new stadium? Nope, towards their academy apparently.
Leicesterpool Posted 10 May 2016 Posted 10 May 2016 It's because there based in London, Arsenal had the same coverage when they left Highbury. Anyone else north of watford they couldn't give a monkey's. I don't think we got that much coverage when we left Filbert Street.
StanSP Posted 10 May 2016 Posted 10 May 2016 There was always going to be a lot of coverage. Sometimes overboard. However, I do wish I could have gone there. Same with Highbury as never got the chance.
AKCJ Posted 10 May 2016 Posted 10 May 2016 They're going a bit overboard on it compared to others, it's true. That said, I bloody love the place. Really sad to see it go. How the **** can you "bloody love the place"? It's a football stadium for a club that you don't support.
Jimothy Posted 10 May 2016 Posted 10 May 2016 They're leaving?!? I thought they'd just changed the name of the stadium to "The last time at the Boleyn Ground" they've said it that many times. It's been overkill all season tbh. This game today is the big one, it's their last game and it's a very old ground where some of the greatest legends of English football have played, but they've been going on about it all season. Going on about it being the last time each team will play there, the last league cup game, the last FA cup, the last game on a Saturday, the last game on a Sunday, the last game where a player with a z in his name will play, the last game where Jupiter will aligned with Venus. Every single possible mention of it being the last of some type of game there and they've taken the opportunity to mention it. Bit OTT.
Voll Blau Posted 10 May 2016 Posted 10 May 2016 How the **** can you "bloody love the place"? It's a football stadium for a club that you don't support. Christ mate chill out, no need for the F-bomb. It's only a football stadium for a club I don't support after all...
Fox92 Posted 10 May 2016 Posted 10 May 2016 How the **** can you "bloody love the place"? It's a football stadium for a club that you don't support. I love Upton Park. Great away day - I've enjoyed three trips there. Just like Maine Road and Highfield Road, I'll miss Upton Park. I love football - regardless of who I support - and it's sad to see such a great ground go.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.