Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Premier League Season 2016-17 Stuff it in here.

7 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Calling it now - this is the season Arsenal don't make the top four.

I think before  this game that was a huge likelyhood.

Top 7 will be a battle. I see totenham and arsenal in 6/7.  City, united , chelsea and pool will fight for 2-5 and we of course will win da league Duh lol

All that I have learned from today is that we had best rediscover some consistency from our back four. There is, as expected, a lot of firepower residing in the Manchester United / Liverpool / Arsenal / Manchester City (potential) bunch. 

31 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Fickle and stroppy bunch, Arsenal fans.

20 consecutive years in the CL, two FA Cups in the last three years, one of the most beautiful stadia in England and still they want Wenger out because they think they have a god given right to win titles in an era of Abramovich, the Abu Dhabi consortium and Manchester United signing the most expensive player in the world. 

And us...

:-)

Arsenal fans really are absolutely awful. They got it back to 3-4 from 1-4 down and there's still not a single bit of support for their team. Just moaning, booing, jeering. Utterly terrible fans. Everything wrong with football.

We're not perfect, but think back to when we went 1-4 down to them last season. We were still well on side with the team. Some will call it small-time, I'd rather call it better support.

They've completely forgotten what being a fan is about. Awful. Hope we slaughter them next week.

12 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

I think before  this game that was a huge likelyhood.

Top 7 will be a battle. I see totenham and arsenal in 6/7.  City, united , chelsea and pool will fight for 2-5 and we of course will win da league Duh lol

Absolutely.

Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal are all going to be going to be involved in a bun fight for the CL places - that's without considering the possibility of a side 'doing a Leicester' and gate crashing the top four. Everton and West Ham also look decent sides. 

In all honesty, I can see their lack of transfer academy and propensity to incur a great deal of injuries coming together with the aforementioned bun fight and turfing them out of the CL.

6 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Absolutely.

Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal are all going to be going to be involved in a bun fight for the CL places - that's without considering the possibility of a side 'doing a Leicester' and gate crashing the top four. Everton and West Ham also look decent sides. 

In all honesty, I can see their lack of transfer academy and propensity to incur a great deal of injuries coming together with the aforementioned bun fight and turfing them out of the CL.

Keep forgeting about westham, southampton and everton. Cant be written off. The top 10 are good squads and i can see this being one hell of a season. Stilll think the usual players will be at the top when all is said and done. 

7 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Keep forgeting about westham, southampton and everton. Cant be written off. The top 10 are good squads and i can see this being one hell of a season. Stilll think the usual players will be at the top when all is said and done. 

West Ham finished the season strongly. I can see that carrying on into this season. I think that they will be top six.

3 hours ago, Bilo said:

Calling it now - this is the season Arsenal don't make the top four.

agreed. said it a few weeks ago. Top 3 is likely to be Man City, Utd, Chelsea. Arsenal never seem to improve their squad and then you have the likes of Spurs, West Ham, ourselves in on the act as well.

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Arsenal fans really are absolutely awful. They got it back to 3-4 from 1-4 down and there's still not a single bit of support for their team. Just moaning, booing, jeering. Utterly terrible fans. Everything wrong with football.

We're not perfect, but think back to when we went 1-4 down to them last season. We were still well on side with the team. Some will call it small-time, I'd rather call it better support.

They've completely forgotten what being a fan is about. Awful. Hope we slaughter them next week.

They are a hideous bunch. Infest the phone-ins after defeats to proclaim how unfair it is because they've spent fortunes on tickets. Your money gets you into the ground, it doesn't mean you deserve or are guaranteed to watch a victory. 55 minutes into the season and there are boos around the stadium. Sunderland fans put up with hopeless shit year on year and they weren't even booing after 25 minutes last season.

These fans need to get into the real world and accept that you will have shit days and stop throwing toys out of prams. There are 37 games to go for fvck's sake. Our fans are not perfect as you say but we push our team on. The Arsenal fans did not help one bit today.

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

They are a hideous bunch. Infest the phone-ins after defeats to proclaim how unfair it is because they've spent fortunes on tickets. Your money gets you into the ground, it doesn't mean you deserve or are guaranteed to watch a victory. 55 minutes into the season and there are boos around the stadium. Sunderland fans put up with hopeless shit year on year and they weren't even booing after 25 minutes last season.

These fans need to get into the real world and accept that you will have shit days and stop throwing toys out of prams. There are 37 games to go for fvck's sake. Our fans are not perfect as you say but we push our team on. The Arsenal fans did not help one bit today.

Exactly! We aren't perfect but at times when we go behind the noise from our end is just as loud as the away end cheering. 

I know exactly what team I'd rather play for and all the pundits and journalists can think what they like. Nobody would rather play in front of a hostile home crowd that love to boo. Over one that's always behind the team encouraging them. 

I honestly think fans need to say the real depths to realise how bad football can get.

Try telling a Blackpool or Charlton fan that finishing fifth in the Premier League would be a disastrous season. In all honesty, Arsenal fans are the football fan equivalent of spoiled children disappointed that their parents have only spent a grand on them for Christmas.

I know some of our fans are a bun ch of moaners, but we certainly know the depths to which this game can take you. That we've gone from league games at Hartlepool United and Cheltenham Town to planning possible away trips to the Bernabeu and Camp Nou in the Champions League in under a decade means our understanding should be far more realistic.

Long story short; Arsenal need a couple of shit seasons to show them how good they've actually had it. Midtable, failing to qualify for Europe, nowhere near silverware. It'd probably shake them out of this ridiculous funk where they think they're somehow entitled to better than twenty consecutive years of being in the top four.

18 minutes ago, Bilo said:

I honestly think fans need to say the real depths to realise how bad football can get.

Try telling a Blackpool or Charlton fan that finishing fifth in the Premier League would be a disastrous season. In all honesty, Arsenal fans are the football fan equivalent of spoiled children disappointed that their parents have only spent a grand on them for Christmas.

I know some of our fans are a bun ch of moaners, but we certainly know the depths to which this game can take you. That we've gone from league games at Hartlepool United and Cheltenham Town to planning possible away trips to the Bernabeu and Camp Nou in the Champions League in under a decade means our understanding should be far more realistic.

Long story short; Arsenal need a couple of shit seasons to show them how good they've actually had it. Midtable, failing to qualify for Europe, nowhere near silverware. It'd probably shake them out of this ridiculous funk where they think they're somehow entitled to better than twenty consecutive years of being in the top four.

It looks like it is going to happen sometime.

Mind you, I don't think that we have seen our last ever relegation either. Not for a few years though, hopefully a decade or longer.

Wenger seems he'll stay there forever, when he dies his coffin will probably be on the touchline.

Arsenal struggle to adapt to change as well as they possibly could and would be chaotic for their brand image if he leaves.

On 23 July 2016 at 17:31, ttfn said:

Mourinho will sort that defence out eventually - might take him a few months though.

Mkhitarayan is a great signing and Zlatan is Zlatan. If they don't make top 4 it will be a terrible season and if they add Pogba and don't at least have a crack at the title it will be a huge failure from Mourinho.

As an aside, if they sign Pogba there's every chance that their first XI would entirely consist of players who cost £10 million or more with the exception of Zlatan who I wouldn't mind betting wouldn't have cost far from that in signing fees and is on £250k a week.

Just goes to show how far they've fallen that people are questioning if they can even challenge given the amount they've spent.

Id be surprised if Man Utd aren't right up there at the end. 

Tonight, I'm going to watch Chlesea v West Ham with a little sigh as I watch Kante probably take control of the midfield. I'd like to see the Hammers win.

Archived