Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

2016/17 Football League Championship

4 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

G'won Udders! 

Liam Moore would be the only good thing about Reading going up and he'd probably be sold back down to championship again

He's been their best performing player this season aside from their goalkeeper, he wont be going anywhere.

33 minutes ago, Lionator said:

He's been their best performing player this season aside from their goalkeeper, he wont be going anywhere.

Oh really! Not watched an awful lot of Reading to be honest. Glad he's doing well

One more for the 'hope Huddersfield win but think Reading will' club right here!

Oddly enough Huddersfield appear to be favourites with most bookies, would have thought Reading would be favs if anything.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Playoff final day.

Love the Championship Playoff!

I want Huddersfield to win but think Reading will win.

Huddersfield please.

Good day out

Good pubs

Friendlyish locals

Timothy Taylor Landlord

Frankie Wortho

6 minutes ago, Nalis said:

One more for the 'hope Huddersfield win but think Reading will' club right here!

Oddly enough Huddersfield appear to be favourites with most bookies, would have thought Reading would be favs if anything.

That's because everyone is betting on Huddersfield.

Just been reading that this match could be worth £290 million to the winner if they survive the first season i the Prem, seems an awful lot. One thing i can't work out, if a club gets relegated and comes straight back up, what happens to the parachute payments?  Does the club still get it the following year in addition to the premiership money.

Stam was one of my favourite players when I was growing up and I'd like to see him back in the Premier League again but I can't choose Reading over Huddersfield.

Huddersfield is a better away day, a local(ish) game for me personally and for some reason always liked to see them do well.

But I hope it's a cracking final for us neutrals to watch.

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Just been reading that this match could be worth £290 million to the winner if they survive the first season i the Prem, seems an awful lot. One thing i can't work out, if a club gets relegated and comes straight back up, what happens to the parachute payments?  Does the club still get it the following year in addition to the premiership money.

No. Because if a club is promoted they get all the money that comes with the Premier League - the broadcasting deal which is set to be at it's very highest this forthcoming season.

Parachute payments are paid over three or four seasons after relegation. I cannot remember exactly the timeframe however if the club is promoted in that timeframe then they will stop receiving parachute payments because of the benefits of being in the Premier League. 

I never understand parachute payments because it feels like its a reward for failure (relegation) but it's to help clubs. Clubs have struggled financially after relegation - clubs like Southampton, Leeds, Bradford etc all went into admin after relegation - because they pay top money to compete in the PL but then get relegated and cannot shift this big money when in the Championship.

Tough knowing who to cheer for, today. Lived in Reading and Berkshire for 20 years after going to Uni there. But can never forget where Frankie Wortho came from. Is there any way they can both get promoted and Newcastle be forced to stay down for an extra year? They used to do that to wheezy, fat kids that couldn't read instead of letting them go to secondary school - surely that can be applied to the Geordies, too? 

If it has to be, Huddersfield for me. Fresh blood for the Premier League and they're a well-run club with a terrific and sought-after manager at the helm.

Plus, we might get to see more of this famous Terriers fan:

1267623873_247.jpg

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11740/10896413/sir-patrick-stewart-on-david-wagner-and-his-love-for-huddersfield-town

Disappointing Bill Leslie doesn't commentate on the Football League anymore. I mean I know he was a patronising nob but this bloke is far inferior as a commentator.

This is supposed to be the richest game in football, its certainly one of the biggest, why don't they use one of the top commentators?

Looks like a pretty poor turnout from the fans of both sides today, which is quite surprising given what's at stake. Probably the biggest game that both teams have been involved in for some time. I realise that some tickets go to Club Wembley members but there appears to be lots of empty seats all over the place.

Been a fast and frenetic start so looking forward to good game...like t see Reading win if only because of Ex Leicester players Kermit and Liam Moore....shame to see so many empty seats for what is most lucrative game in football....didn't happen in our days of playoffs 

Archived