Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Chip Shop

Chip Shop  

137 members have voted

1. 1. On the chips?

2. 2. The main event?

3. 3. Extras?

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

what the bloody fvck is 'Pea Wet'?

Genuinely never heard of that in my life.

My choices though, are salt and vinegar with mushy peas. 

Literally made me throw up a little in my mouth. Just the words "pea wet." I knew what he meant, I just don't think I've ever heard anything so rancid.

1 hour ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

The watery discharge that rises from standing mushy peas.

Oh wait, nevermind.

Haddock/cod & chips.  Some salt.  That's it.

chip shop mushy peas are not real mushy peas.  Real mushy peas are made from dried peas, bicarbonate of soda, soaked & boiled for hours.  My Dad use to make them when I was a kid & the house would smell like a sewer.  So did he.

1 hour ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I love everything from a chipshop but my standard is beef and onion Pukka pie, salt n vinegar chips, ketchup, mushy peas and sometimes gravy. Just a great dish

Has your palate been abused?

I love chips with ketchup if it's with a burger. Chips with gravy if it's with chicken, but with fish it has to be salt and vinegar.

I don't know what scraps are? That's what we feed to the dog here.

When my parents gave me mushy peas, I wrapped them in my serviette and tossed 'em.

Haddock or halibut for me. 

I have to be in the right mood for fish. My usual chip shop meal consists of Chips, Jumbo sausage, chicken & mushroom pie and baked beans.

Its only on rare occasions that i go for the fish, but i do enjoy it.

The other debate that the World Cup has brought up is which is the best chip shop in the area? I usually tend to use Today's Catch in Syston. Not the best in the world but i've had worse - the one in East Goscote springs to mind

Guest LCFC_World

I'd imagine every chip shop has scraps, they may just throw them away straight away. Surely it'd be impossible not to, you batter the fish, put it in the fryer and it creates scraps. 

8 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

I have to be in the right mood for fish. My usual chip shop meal consists of Chips, Jumbo sausage, chicken & mushroom pie and baked beans.

Its only on rare occasions that i go for the fish, but i do enjoy it.

The other debate that the World Cup has brought up is which is the best chip shop in the area? I usually tend to use Today's Catch in Syston. Not the best in the world but i've had worse - the one in East Goscote springs to mind

Always find the Chip shop on Faire Road in Glenfield does an awesome Chicken Kebab. The chicken is always spot on

Chips with shit loads of salt, vinegar and onion vinegar. Curry sauce and ketchup on the side. Battered sausage and a fishcaje both with vinegar on. There'll be a pickled egg in the mixer an'all. Through local demand I seldom get a buttered cob to go with me chips as they've always ran out.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Chips with shit loads of salt, vinegar and onion vinegar. Curry sauce and ketchup on the side. Battered sausage and a fishcaje both with vinegar on. There'll be a pickled egg in the mixer an'all. Through local demand I seldom get a buttered cob to go with me chips as they've always ran out.

Surprised you can taste the food at all with all that vinegar

Just now, TiffToff88 said:

Surprised you can taste the food at all with all that vinegar

I think you'll find that the majority of vinegar on chips doesn't soak through and instead you get just a select few at the bottom that are pure vinegar. That's the holy grail.

7 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

If I were in charge of the country, the first thing I would do would be to ban mushy peas.

Evil, disgusting, horrible green shit

You definitely have my vote! Whoever wrote that "Give Peas a Chance" sign on that bridge over the M25 certainly wasn't talking about mushy peas!

Archived