Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Tammy Abraham

I'm actually really keen on this one to happen. 6 ft 4 at 19 & seems prolific. Seems a much better option than Ulloa to me anyhow.

n for his size he's relatively quick. Would suit our counter attacking game & offers an extra threat to set pieces.

6 hours ago, brucey said:

No way they will sell/loan to us. Plus we're absolutely stacked with strikers already. Already gone and bought 2 young promising strikers in the last month or so.

... the fvck did I miss?

It's a sad reflection of football at the moment that 15m doesn't even seem that steep. Which didn't take long, I thought 9m for Ulloa or 12m for Deeney was disgusting. Tragic.

I wouldn't want us to loan him though. Either we think he can cut it or we don't. We loan him, he plays a blinder, all of a sudden we can't actually afford to sign him permanently.

Where as for 15m, we sign him and he's a bit crap he's probably young enough and English enough that someone else will give him a try for 10/12m and there won't be much loss.

8 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I'm actually really keen on this one to happen. 6 ft 4 at 19 & seems prolific. Seems a much better option than Ulloa to me anyhow.

n for his size he's relatively quick. Would suit our counter attacking game & offers an extra threat to set pieces.

Dont think because hes tall hes a target man, apparently hes not that great in the air for his size and not very strong.

1 hour ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Not keen on loans as a whole given our current status personally. I want our players to be ours!

100% ..

Since winning the league i think this is a backwards step in a way.. asking for bigger clubs to loan us someone. Why should we help Chelsea/or another clubs future players by improving them and playing them for them to go back to their parent club and push on.

It seems a strange one to loan without being able to trigger a purchase fee.

We have no European games next season so the squad can afford to be a bit smaller. We have five first team strikers at the minute so perhaps at least two of Ulloa, Slimani and Musa will be moving on?

It would be madness to loan him and have him behind both Vardy and Slimani as No9 as he would hardly get any game time. I would also think that Chelsea either want to loan to sell or for him to get significant game time at PL level. Why would they send him on loan here to sit on the bench over 80% of the time?

If he comes here I hope it's not just for experience with no intent to sell as that's just a lose/lose situation for us.

I don't want any PL players on loan why should we help develop our competitors players plus it just encourages them to stockpile players and should be banned.

1 hour ago, Wookie said:

We could potentially get him on loan with a purchase clause, if he impresses then we've got a fantastic deal if it's £15m.

Yeah, if we have to loan him to get him, I'd be pretty happy with this - doesn't feel so much like a loan that way.

If I was advising a talented young player at Chelsea I would advise them to get out ASAP.

Even De Bruyne and Lukaku couldn't get in the first team and had to leave to further their careers. Chelsea will always buy rather than give youth a chance in 99% of cases, why give a young player a chance when you can buy a proven top class player and play him instead?

Chelsea is like a human puppy farm just producing and buying up young talented players in the hope of a diamond every now and again or a nice profit. Literally hundred of their buys never play a minute of the first team before moving on for a profit.

1 hour ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Hopefully we have the edge as he's played with Chilwell& Gray for the u21s 

We have the edge because we're a much bigger club than Brighton. 

54 minutes ago, Koke said:

We have the edge because we're a much bigger club than Brighton. 

Chelsea like to loan their players out to the likes of Bournemouth, Watford etc so Brighton will be in that bracket too. They'll offer him guaranteed first team football, we wouldn't.

3 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Hopefully we have the edge as he's played with Chilwell& Gray for the u21s 

Hopefully they don't tell him what's it like sitting on our bench.

Chelsea won't loan him to us if they have no intention to sell because he won't get enough game time.

2 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong but didn't we loan Huth first then sign him and that turned out all right 

Chalk and Cheese. Huth was a proven prem defender on the way back from injury and there was no re-sell value. Abraham will be unproven and raw. I hate seeing a club of our newly found size, entertain the idea of helping develop a rival's player and getting none of the long term benefit in terms of selling on.

Apologies if I've taken your comment out of context

1 hour ago, dmayne7 said:

Chalk and Cheese. Huth was a proven prem defender on the way back from injury and there was no re-sell value. Abraham will be unproven and raw. I hate seeing a club of our newly found size, entertain the idea of helping develop a rival's player and getting none of the long term benefit in terms of selling on.

Apologies if I've taken your comment out of context

No need to apologies mate  . Both would have risks Huth had been out injured which could have reoccurred it didn't and we signed him on a permanent when the loan was up or we could have sent him back . In similar ways we could sign this lad on a loan in view to a permanent deal  he could be a hit or he could be rubbish . If he's rubbish we don't buy him send him back if he's good your in a good place to sign him like we did Huth 

Archived