Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

3 minutes ago, limeydale said:

Gotta applaud West Ham for that. Didn't think Moyes would turn them around but he's slowly doing it.

Agreed, but by god it's ugly.

Bus parking, jammy late winners, Andy Bloody Carroll and today they utterly shithoused that point.

The Premier League deserves better.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Agreed, but by god it's ugly.

Bus parking, jammy late winners, Andy Bloody Carroll and today they utterly shithoused that point.

The Premier League deserves better.

I know, it's like Big Sam never left.

It seemed to me there were a lot more draws this festive season than in recent years, so I checked back to 2012/13.

2017/18: starting 22nd Dec 40 games, 17 draws, 23 wins.

2016/17: starting 17th Dec  40 games,  6 draws, 34 wins.

2015/16: starting 19th Dec  40 games,  10 draws, 30 wins.

2014/15: starting 20th Dec  40 games,  13 draws, 27 wins.

2012/13: starting 22nd Dec 39 games,  7 draws,  32 wins.

So yeah a lot more draws.

I'm wondering if managers had a hold the line mentality and a draw is enough, or the players were more knackered or the whole hullabaloo from the managers in the press about the festive schedule affected players psyche.

Any thoughts?

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

The “West Ham way” the beautiful game, Brooking stroking it about etc etc very annoying, 

I've been in this life the thick end of three decades and the best West Ham have played in that time is when 'Arry the 'Ammer was manager. To a lot of us, the "West Ham" way is just simply sh*t.

Edited by Lovejoy

15 hours ago, kingfox said:

Tyler and Smith spaffing their pants over that goal, wasn't even that good.

Come on now. To generate that much power and beat Lloris as he did was brilliant. Unless you mean Son... But then again that was brilliant too.

4 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

He is a serial underachiever... can't believe Chelsea are bothering

Because the manager is moaning they haven't got a big enough squad or he hasn't got the right players or whatever the excuse is.

On 1/3/2018 at 22:08, foxfanazer said:

Oh yeah let’s have the first couple of months of domestic football interrupted by pointless internationals and then a winter break! 

When exactly do we wanna play these games?

I don't know why they did't put a midweek game earlier or later in the season rather than cram them all in such a short period of time.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I don't know why they did't put a midweek game earlier or later in the season rather than cram them all in such a short period of time.

This.

I'm sure there would have been room to have put a midweek fixture sometime in August, September or October, without disrupting European or league cup fixtures. Could probably have done more than one.

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Because the manager is moaning they haven't got a big enough squad or he hasn't got the right players or whatever the excuse is.

No idea why Chelsea do what they do but I don't see the sense in loaning out Loftus-Cheek, Baker, Zouma and letting Chalobah go for peanuts then spending multi millions on players to fill out the squad.

I expect Conte will get fed up and quit at the end of the season.

• Like 1