Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

18 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

City will be devasting going forward but surely prone to teams who play on the counter attack. They will be fun to watch but most teams (us included) will just try and soak up the pressure and strike on the counter.

Pretty much our game v Man City in May will pretty much be their season and potentially downfall. 

I don’t really understand why you’d sign Danilo and Walker... unless he’s playing Danilo in DM as with Lahm at Bayern. 

To add a little balance to the amount they’re spending though, they’ve needed two new full backs for three seasons now and really it could be the only thing that’s been holding them back and therefore could win them the trophies they desire. 

1 hour ago, richardsfoxes said:

If this window has shown anything it's that the gap between Chelsea, Man Utd, Man city is still humongous from everyone else when it comes to financial power, 372M spent under Guardiola....disgusting. 

By the time the window closes, he could easily have spent almost half a BILLION in his three windows so far.

That's half a billion in little over a year.

On a squad which already included the likes of Aguero et al.

Madness.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DanNDH88 said:

Why have they still got Otamendi and Stones at centre back? You'd think they'd be able to improve on those two quite easily. 

Surprised they didn't go for Bonucci. 

Plus, when fit, Kompany is a beast. Very injury prone though.

15 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Meh he's not that good anymore. Can't see them getting all that far with that circus at the back. 

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

wanted to stay in Italy and Milan not being that far away from Turin works best for him I guess.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Agree with both of you. Interesting words from Uli Hoeness at Bayern. He doesn't name Man City directly but quite clearly directed at them and others spending gazillions.

Screenshot_20170724-143846.thumb.png.7405410aaf65f8f0499ce9f6cf34118a.png

Hits the nail on the head for me. Although you could reasonably say that Bayern aren't exactly 100% organic either.

He's got a point but as you say, Bayern are far from organic. 

Bayern's model is pretty much based on buying the best players from the 2nd and 3rd best teams in Germany and therefore strengthening their team whilst weakening their main opposition.

43 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Is this PES

Cant wait for Iheanacho to sign for East Midlands Blue

Its actually just East Midlands for Leicester on PES. 

I find it particularly funny that Forest are called "Notts" Reds on it as well lol

41 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I never owned a PES that Leicester were on aha, had 3,4,5,6 and 2007, great games those

Cant argue with that. 99 shot power Adriano and master league legends like Castolo, Minanda and Ordaz, absolute heroes.

Report: Chelsea willing to spend as much as £250M on new signings
https://www.thescore.com/epl/news/1338449

Even as former champions no bloody way we can compete with this absolute ridiculous spending by the big clubs.

Salary caps, squad caps, loanee caps. Something has to change.

Within 3 years we wil be at 1 billion buyouts (if their isnt one already )

6 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Even as former champions no bloody way we can compete with this absolute ridiculous spending by the big clubs.

I get your point, but they can only sign players who they could've previously signed for £100-150m combined. Massively inflated transfer fees doesn't mean they'll get a player of higher quality. 

11 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Cristiano Ronaldo apparently has a 1 billion euro release clause in his contract

1 hour ago, MrSpaM said:

Cristiano Ronaldo apparently has a 1 billion euro release clause in his contract

I reckon if he was to come back this season or next he'd be bought as part of a massive sponsorship deal, for example a new kit sponsor paying half or something along those lines.... i'm pretty sure Adidas technically did that with Pogba, although it wasn't spoken about of course. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1