Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

13 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I reckon if he was to come back this season or next he'd be bought as part of a massive sponsorship deal, for example a new kit sponsor paying half or something along those lines.... i'm pretty sure Adidas technically did that with Pogba, although it wasn't spoken about of course. 

As Nikes biggest poster boy along with LeBron that gives him the option of Chelsea or Spurs over here lol 

Just now, Samilktray said:

As Nikes biggest poster boy along with LeBron that gives him the option of Chelsea or Spurs over here lol 

True, I was thinking more a product sponsor (front of shirt) as well as manufacturer... I think he has an endless amount of deals like that lol 

47 minutes ago, Turbogre said:

Crystal Palace have signed Netherlands defender Jairo Riedewald from Ajax on a five-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

What a signing that is, always my first signing on FM lol

Is it though?

2 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Is it though?

yes. could be one of the buys of the summer (no doubt if it is, it won't get the attention that Morata/Lukaku/Lacazette etc will get).

Rated very highly at Ajax and De Boer's influence working already for Palace. 

• Like 1

I was certain when last season ended that we'd spend £100m plus this summer and in a way I'm disappointed that we're now very unlikely to.

It would seem that last season's disastrous recruitment, plus results and 12th place, left us a significantly less attractive proposition to potential targets.

What an utter shambles summer 2016 was, when it could & should have been one to cement our place in the top 6!

7 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Anyone seen the clash between Ospina and Pedro? Pedro took a massive hit, suffering multiple fractures in the face.

proper cleaned him out.

he's done it before as well

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

I was certain when last season ended that we'd spend £100m plus this summer and in a way I'm disappointed that we're now very unlikely to.

It would seem that last season's disastrous recruitment, plus results and 12th place, left us a significantly less attractive proposition to potential targets.

What an utter shambles summer 2016 was, when it could & should have been one to cement our place in the top 6!

Spending money we don't have?

That's never got Leicester City in trouble before, has it?

:rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Spending money we don't have?

That's never got Leicester City in trouble before, has it?

:rolleyes:

Ah but we do! We've barely touched the prize money earned from the title & the UCL run...

I was there throughout the club's mis-spending times so I get where you're coming from. But we had/still have an opportunity to put clear blue water between us & PL never-will-be's like Stoke, Palace & Albion.

An apparent ITK on here says Iheanacho will be our last 'big' signing of the summer. So we might be spend £50-60m (leaving Mahrez & his future to one side for now).

Well I think we still need a top quality CB like Evans, and at least one other source of goals (Deeney would be my choice). That would take us close to £100m. Then we'd have receipts from Mendy, & whoever else would be surplus to requirements such as Ulloa & Musa,

Would that be a top half squad?

Ah but we do! We've barely touched the prize money earned from the title & the UCL run...

I was there throughout the club's mis-spending times so I get where you're coming from. But we had/still have an opportunity to put clear blue water between us & PL never-will-be's like Stoke, Palace & Albion.

An apparent ITK on here says Iheanacho will be our last 'big' signing of the summer. So we might be spend £50-60m (leaving Mahrez & his future to one side for now).

Well I think we still need a top quality CB like Evans, and at least one other source of goals (Deeney would be my choice). That would take us close to £100m. Then we'd have receipts from Mendy, & whoever else would be surplus to requirements such as Ulloa & Musa,

Would that be a top half squad?

Evans isn't for sale. Another top CB would be nice, but it won't be Evans.

Too many strikers if Nacho comes. We're already struggling to find a position to shove Slimani into, and you want Deeney as well?

We've only had loan offers for Mendy and Musa at the moment, we'll struggle to sell them this window.

Our squad at the moment is already top half IMO.

3 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Burnley have signed Phil Bardsley from Stoke...........

That's all I need to say about that.

Experienced player who can cover a couple of positions.

Good signing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Tuna said:

Experienced player who can cover a couple of positions.

Good signing.

Think Burnley know they will always be a bottom team. So they Sign excellent would be championship players that wouldnt leave them if they got relegated therefore always having the best chance in going straight back up.  This is opposed to signing chancers from abroad.

11 hours ago, brucey said:

Evans isn't for sale. Another top CB would be nice, but it won't be Evans.

Too many strikers if Nacho comes. We're already struggling to find a position to shove Slimani into, and you want Deeney as well?

We've only had loan offers for Mendy and Musa at the moment, we'll struggle to sell them this window.

Our squad at the moment is already top half IMO.

Numbers is one thing, quality another.

We have too many midfielders who are either not quite good enough or unproven either in terms of quality or durability.

Likewise we have too many 'can do a job' strikers, but only one, do far, of the quality to start in a top 8/10 side. Iheanacho & Deeney would treble that.

Clear out required!

• Like 1

Numbers is one thing, quality another.

We have too many midfielders who are either not quite good enough or unproven either in terms of quality or durability.

Likewise we have too many 'can do a job' strikers, but only one, do far, of the quality to start in a top 8/10 side. Iheanacho & Deeney would treble that.

Clear out required!

I'd probably agree on the midfielders, but IMO Vardy, Slim, Nacho are all top 8-10 quality, while Deeney isn't.

Edited by brucey

52 minutes ago, brucey said:

I'd probably agree on the midfielders, but IMO Vardy, Slim, Nacho are all top 8-10 quality, while Deeney isn't.

That's good - so we agree on everything part from Slim v Deeney?! I and others are right about Slim. He showed flashes last season and v Liverpool at the weekend, but his performance v Bournemouth has left an indelible imprint on me; truly atrocious!

Deeney could cut it in the top 10 no problem (I can't be bothered looking for evidence, but my opinion is based on his two years in the PL with Watford from which I have no sense that he only turns it on against the lesser teams), and would be a great foil for Vards.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Everton's home crowd still awful then. Getting on their players backs already lol 

Liverpool and Everton fans, in particular, think their clubs are due success without merit.

Everton appear the worst, though, in general moaning if a player misplaces a simple pass in a non-dangerous situation (for example).

Yes, unknown opposition for many, but surprised Everton haven't got a bigger turnout than this.

Edited by Wymeswold fox