Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Kelechi Iheanacho

6 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Remember when Vardy was linked with Arsenal and people on here were using Captial FM as a source ahahah

Until Absolute 90s say it's done then I believe nothing

Radio Caroline says this is 90% done!

one for the oldies.....

21 minutes ago, Babylon said:

A first refusal clause is something entirely different and as I said I'm sure would go hand in hand with the buyback clause to protect themselves. Without it they would leave themselves open to exactly what Finners suggested.

With it we'd have no right to negotiate with anyone but them until the point that they decide to not take the option up.

But that's daft, it implies they could just not trigger the clause at all while he's contracted to us and so we'd have to let his contract expire at which point they could sign him for free.

They shouldn't be protected from the situation I described because they shouldn't be re-signing a player just to sell him on, why would the rules ever promote that? It's daft and it's exactly why it doesn't really happen.

Again, they can't force us to not sell him to someone else and they can't force him to want to go back. They CAN make sure that their bids are accepted if they match either a pre-agreed fee OR a fee that we've accepted from another club.

That's their options.

Mildly concerned it may signal a change in our recruitment strategy. Previously we seemed to do in depth scouting for 3-7 years per player, this seems more "ooh he's available and good" maybe with less diligence.

36 minutes ago, Slim Dog said:

How many release clauses have you seen in the premier league? They use it a lot in Spain where the lower teams have little money but for the premier league teams don't need to sell. I'll be very surprised if we buy him with a release clause.

Although, it is Rudkin, so anything can happen.

Kante had one....as did Vardy lol

So we do them lol

1 minute ago, brookfox said:

Mildly concerned it may signal a change in our recruitment strategy. Previously we seemed to do in depth scouting for 3-7 years per player, this seems more "ooh he's available and good" maybe with less diligence.

IMG_0540.JPG

10 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

Just stop p**sing about and fuchin sign him!

Why do people think it's easy as calling a team up and going "Oh yeah can we buy this guy please? 20 Mill? Yeah OK I'll wire it over, let us know when you've got it and we'll send the helicopter to come get him". 

It's not a cash and carry ffs. 

Love that everyone's terrified of all these clauses yet wants this rushed.

If we're genuinely interested and Man City really want all these options, Vichai and Rudkin will be working with a team of contract lawyers to hash out, line by line, every word in a document that Man City's own team will work through line by line to pick fault with.

It'll go back and forth numerous times no doubt before one side settles.

1 minute ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Does anyone has information on his chance conversion % ? 

This is often more telling than simply many goals have been scored.

Vards this season in on in the PL was around 32% I think. 

107 - Kelechi Iheanacho has the best mins per goal ratio (107 mins) of any player to have scored 10+ goals in the Premier League. Impact.

2 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Does anyone has information on his chance conversion % ? 

This is often more telling than simply many goals have been scored.

Vards this season in on in the PL was around 32% I think. 

Vardy scored 13 Premier League goals last season from 26 shots on target. (50%)

He had 42 shots in total so he scored with 30.9% of his shots.

14 minutes ago, brookfox said:

I don't think that worked out so much after last summer...

Iheanacho would give us something we haven't had for a very long time - Someone who's absolutely deadly in the box given half a chance and that could be all the difference especially in tight games where teams nullify Vardy by sitting back.

9 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Vardy scored 13 Premier League goals last season from 26 shots on target. (50%)

He had 42 shots in total so he scored with 30.9% of his shots.

That's interesting - thank you.

30.9% from all his shots! 

Vardy remains vastly under rated imo.

Can you find out what Iheanacho's numbers are?

24 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Source?

22 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

That's interesting - thank you.

30.9% from all his shots! 

Vardy remains vastly under rated imo.

Can you find out what Iheanacho's numbers are?

I can't find the stats for Kelechi.

I do know that he either scored or assisted every 75 minutes though.

If he kept that up for a season (he won't, of course) he'd get 45 goals and assists :D 

Archived