Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Additional End of Season Awards 16/17

Yeah it's been a pretty poor season all in all but we've got a long summer ahead so might as well...

Fans Performance of the Season - In which game did we do our best work for the lads?

Team Performance of the Season - In which game did the lads as a team do their best work for us? - Know they do this as a Club Award now but let's see if we agree anyway.

Individual Performance of the Season - Best performance produced by a City player in any given game this season?

Ranieri/Shakespeare Performance of the Season - Best managerial game from Ranieri or Shakespeare? (Tactics, Subs etc)

Absolute Scenes of the Season - Which moment produced the best/your favourite/most epic celes/scenes?

Understated Hero of the Season - Whos work has been invaluable but perhaps understated or unnoticed?

My first thought is almost a clean sweep for Sevilla at home but will think a bit more on it...

Sevilla home 

Sevilla home or Liverpool home 

Vardy vs Man City home 

Shakey vs Atletico home. Bossed them with 343 and unfortunate not to at least win on the night 

Sevilla home again 

Simpson. 

1) Sevilla home. The noise from the start, the goals, the constant urging of the team and the crescendo towards the end. Brilliant effort.

2) Liverpool home. Players were under pressure and the club was under intense scrutiny. They performed that night.

3) Schmeichel in Copenhagen. Vardy v Man City was clinical and thrilling but Kasper, especially with a broken hand too, had an absolute blinder.

4) Sevilla home again. Played with the right amount of tempo but streetwise too.

5) Albrighton goal v Sevilla.

6) A slightly different choice but I think whoever created then processed the title compilation video played before matches throughout the season plus the Everton montage at the Watford match to mark the anniversary deserves huge credit for excellent pieces of work that aren't too pompous, cringey or staged but just right to capture the main moments of an amazing day and season.

42 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Yeah it's been a pretty poor season all in all but we've got a long summer ahead so might as well...

Fans Performance of the Season - Sevilla home. Epic.

Team Performance of the Season - Would sway towards Liverpool at home. The disapproving world was watching. They got their response.

Individual Performance of the Season - Kasper Sevilla Away. Battered for 65 Minutes or so but he saved our bacon(no pun intended!).Up there with the best I've ever witnessed from a Leiceser player,

Ranieri/Shakespeare Performance of the Season - Liverpool at home. Was outstanding

Absolute Scenes of the Season - Vardys Goal against Sevilla and the post match feeling that night. Was dreading going to the pub for the game but I brought the house down when that goal went in. All had changed...

Understated Hero of the Season - Last few weeks has made me realise the importance of Drinkwater to the team.

Fans Performance of the Season - Has to be Sevilla at home, it was electric, but the support in the towns of European cities is also worth a mention.

Team Performance of the Season - Can only be Sevilla ay home can't it.

Individual Performance of the Season - Kasper at Sevilla away. Kept us in the game and without him we would have been about 4-1 down going into the 2nd leg.

Ranieri/Shakespeare Performance of the Season - Could go with Sevilla again but wasn't a game we dominated, so I'm going with Liverpool at home, taking to account the circumstances also.

Absolute Scenes of the Season - Full-time at home to Sevilla. Will never forget having my hands on my head at full-time wondering what on earth is going on.

Understated Hero of the Season - Danny Simpson. He's been Mr. Consistant this year. 

15 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

This is a bit exaggerated. The wins against Man City and Liverpool were very good and we played well against a few teams at home. Not to mention a more than credible Champions League.

About an average season overall and away form wasn't great but its the 2nd highest top flight finish since O'Neill left.

Fans Performance of the Season - Brugge away was arguably superior to Sevilla (H) as it was basically non-stop for 90 minutes, however you do expect more from away ends so I am going to give this one to Sevilla (H)

Team Performance of the Season - Sevilla at home

Individual Performance of the Season - This should produce some varied answers! I'll go for Schmeichel away at Sevilla

Ranieri/Shakespeare Performance of the Season - Atletico at home. Don't think it matters that we didn't get the result, it was a magnificent turnaround in performance.

Absolute Scenes of the Season - Love this question! Brings back some great moments! Morgan v Sevilla for me

Understated Hero of the Season - Like last season, Okazaki again I feel

1) Sevilla home. Never seen anything like it down the KP. Deafening.

2) Liverpool at home. A team under massive pressure and scrutiny who came out and destroyed a very good Liverpool side.

3) Schmeichel at Sevilla. Kept us in the tie.

4) Atletico at home. The tactical switch was immense from Shakey and on another evening we could have done it. 

5) Amartey at Stoke was absolute carnage. 

6) Marc Albrighton. Always gives his all and has been excellent since Shakey came in. 

5 minutes ago, Osavo said:

1) Sevilla home. Never seen anything like it down the KP. Deafening.

2) Liverpool at home. A team under massive pressure and scrutiny who came out and destroyed a very good Liverpool side.

3) Schmeichel at Sevilla. Kept us in the tie.

4) Atletico at home. The tactical switch was immense from Shakey and on another evening we could have done it. 

5) Amartey at Stoke was absolute carnage. 

6) Marc Albrighton. Always gives his all and has been excellent since Shakey came in. 

About 120% sure I died at the Britannia that afternoon so it has to be this for scenes surely.

46 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

This is a bit exaggerated. The wins against Man City and Liverpool were very good and we played well against a few teams at home. Not to mention a more than credible Champions League.

About an average season overall and away form wasn't great but its the 2nd highest top flight finish since O'Neill left.

Really? I thought I'd been generous if anything. Considering we were champions, riding on the crest of one of the biggest waves of all time, spent 80m and were in our strongest ever position as a club the domestic campaign was disastrous. The CL was great so that upgrades it overall to pretty poor.

In the league we took a series of hammerings and lost comfortably to some utter dogshit. We won 2 away games all season. We've finished below West Brom and Bournemouth ffs. We lost to a League One team in the Cup.

Just now, ealingfox said:

Really? I thought I'd been generous if anything. Considering we were champions, riding on the crest of one of the biggest waves of all time, spent 80m and were in our strongest ever position as a club the domestic campaign was disastrous. The CL was great so that upgrades it overall to pretty poor.

In the league we took a series of hammerings and lost comfortably to some utter dogshit. We won 2 away games all season. We've finished below West Brom and Bournemouth ffs. We lost to a League One team in the Cup.

A lot of that is valid and we were a laughing stock up until Millwall but I think from Liverpool to Watford we played some terrific football and it was like old times. If we had scraped survival I would have agreed with your verdict but the form for those 10 weeks raises it slightly for me.

The last 3 games is undoing a lot of the good work of late.

Fans Performance of the Season - Seville second leg. Just felt that we gave them that extra push they needed when Seville were on top. 

Team Performance of the Season - Easily Seville. No words needed. 

Individual Performance of the Season - Vardy at home to Man City. Going through our toughest patch in the premier league for a good season and a half, no-one firing. It seemed like we were back and Vardy was unplayable as the season before, scoring a hat-trick. 

Ranieri/Shakespeare Performance of the Season - Ranieri - Man City at home. Why couldn't we do that all season?

Shakespeare - Seville. Perfect team selection, amazing performance. 

Absolute Scenes of the Season - Albrighton v Seville. It was every man for himself up in L1. Carnage everywhere. 

Understated Hero of the Season - Simpson. Been our most consistent defender all season, and was as good last season. Doesn't get the credit he deserves due to misdemeanours off the field. 

This is difficult! The season's only just finished but already it feels like it's disappearing into the fog. I imagine a lot of us could reel off 2015/16's 38 games just like that - in the rght order - with goalscoreres. I'd be amazed if anyone could do it for the season just finished. Having said that, here goes:

Fans Performance of the Season - Bit hard to judge from the TV, but Sevilla, especially the TIfo

Team Performance of the Season - . First half at West Ham

Individual Performance of the Season  -  Huth v Palace (a), Shinji v Palace (h),  Albrighton's cameo v Sunderland from the bench  

Ranieri/Shakespeare Performance of the Season - Shakespeare's first game - back to basics.

Absolute Scenes of the Season - Yep, Sevilla again.

Understated Hero of the Season - Huth (I give thanks every day that he and Morgan didn't miss any games last season due to injury)

Fans Performance of the Season

Sevilla. I'm not able to go all that often but that was without a doubt the best atmosphere I've witnessed for 20 years. Such a privilege to be a part of it.

LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR.

Team Performance of the Season

Sevilla, Liverpool or Man City

Individual Performance of the Season

Ndidi vs Liverpool

Ranieri/Shakespeare Performance of the Season

Ranieri - Man City - a return to the basics, which made it even more baffling when we strayed away from that afterwards.

Shakey - tempted to say Liverpool for returning to the basics but Sevilla he got everything right.

Absolute Scenes of the Season

Probably the final whistle against Sevilla. The two goals were mental but the cheers and the look of everyone's face was just unforgettable. Pandamonium. I will never, ever forget that game.

Understated Hero of the Season

Would say Albrighton but he does get some plaudits. Otherwise - Simpson's usually very consistent under the radar.

Fans Performance of the Season - In which game did we do our best work for the lads?

Has to be Sevilla at home. Never seen anything like it and probably won't be replicated for a while yet. 

Team Performance of the Season - In which game did the lads as a team do their best work for us? - Know they do this as a Club Award now but let's see if we agree anyway.

Probably Liverpool home, Shakey's first game.

Or Sevilla home to win 2-0 against one of Europe's top clubs is no mean feat! 

Individual Performance of the Season - Best performance produced by a City player in any given game this season?

Schmeichel vs Sevilla (away) - penalty save kept us in the tie. Numerous saves and lead to giving us a chance in the home tie. Without him (all season tbf), we'd have been nowhere.

Ranieri/Shakespeare Performance of the Season - Best managerial game from Ranieri or Shakespeare? (Tactics, Subs etc)

Ranieri - 4-2 at home to Man City. Their tactics played in to our hands but there was still a job to be done and we took the game to them right from the start. Atmosphere was electric and the players seemed to feed off it perfectly. Cracking goals and 3-0 within 20 minutes was a dream.

Shakespeare - 3-1 at home to Liverpool - you can't underestimate the pressure he would have been, especially with the way the media were on his and the players' backs for the way Ranieri departed. But again he got the tactics right and set up perfectly to psyche the players up for what was a huge game for every individual concerned. 

Absolute Scenes of the Season - Which moment produced the best/your favourite/most epic celes/scenes?

Albrighton's goal to make it 2-0 vs Sevilla. Unreal. 

Understated Hero of the Season - Whos work has been invaluable but perhaps understated or unnoticed?

Danny Simpson. If Kasper wasn't about and we had an average keeper, he'd get my vote for player of the season. Anyone remember when vs West Ham when they countered and it was only him defending against 2/3 West Ham attackers? On his own and still stopped it by great positioning and timing of interception/tackle. So many times he's covered for the central defenders and made vital clearances/interceptions/blocks to prevent a goal. I actually think he's improved on last season which is ironic given the achievements of last season

Fans: Sevilla home.

Team: Sevilla home or Liverpool home, tied.

Individual: Albrighton vs Sunderland. Honourable mention to Vardy vs Man City and countless Kasper showings in the CL.

Manager: Shakes Vs Liverpool. 

Scenes: Sevilla.

Hero: Since Ranieri, Albrighton has comfortably been player of the mini season.

Fans Performance of the Season - Easy shout here, Sevilla at home

Team Performance of the Season - See above

Individual Performance of the Season - Kasper against Sevilla away, still remember the commentator on my stream stating "at half-time its Sevilla 1, Kasper Schmichel 0". Wasn't wrong, took on Europes best by himself and ensured we still had something to play for.

Ranieri/Shakespeare Performance of the Season - No doubt forgetting plenty, but as for Claudio thought he was great during the Stoke 2-2 draw. We were all extremely fired up Claudio included, but he calmed down and made excellent second half substitutions that sealed a point for us and nearly stole a win when all hope looked lost. Shakey has to be the Sevilla win for reasons fairly self explanatory.

Absolute Scenes of the Season - When Marc Albrighton scored the second against Sevilla and the commentator on my stream screamed with pure joy, "2-0!!! LEICESTER CITY IS IN DREAMLAND", got shivers down my spine and despite witnessing it half a world away in Melbourne, Australia I felt like I was at the King Power too.

Understated Hero of the Season - Good question, difficult to answer. Might go with Christian Fuchs. I've grown to really admire and look up to this guy. His attitude toward the vile amount of online trolls falling over themselves to try and tear Leicester down when we made a very harsh but very needed decision to ensure our PL survival was nothing short of first class. I feel like his role here is perhaps that of a bit of an unsung hero off the pitch. The articles he was writing represented an educated and fair guy, standing up for his friends and his club with an amount of pride that shone through his writing without stooping to the levels of the trolls trying to tear us down. 

Fans- Sevilla Home easily. It was epic on a scale I've never experienced anywhere before

Team- I'd actually say Athletico at Home. We bossed them for the majority and were very unlucky not to win. If we'd have gotten the 2nd with 10 mins to play only one team was progressing and it wasn't them.

Individual- Kasper Away to Sevllia

Manager- Ranieri, Man City at Home. Exploited their weakness ruthlessly. Yes Shakey improved things but I struggle to think of an actual moment

Scenes- Albrighton goal vs Sevilla

Hero- Albrighton. Since Shakey took charge he's been different class. Kasper quite rightly gets the plaudits but Marc has been great

12 hours ago, ozleicester said:

what is the pun?

Was thinking about of kasper being a keeper and Danish bacon. 

Had the image of the pig used in the first now that's what I call music from 1983!!!! Was inspired by a Danish bacon advert! 

Fans Performance of the Season - Sevilla (H). Special night, and I think the atmosphere certainly contributed to how Sevilla lost their composure. The first half an hour of the second half vs Atletico was ridiculous as well, but for an overall game, Sevilla.

Team Performance of the Season - Sevilla (H). Special mentions to Brugge (A), Man City (H) and Liverpool (H)

Individual Performance of the Season - Vardy, Man City (H)

Ranieri/Shakespeare Performance of the Season - Shakespeare v Liverpool (H). Not just the tactics, but to completely change the losing mentality of the squad and get us playing like that was impressive.

Absolute Scenes of the Season - I would have said Albrighton v Sevilla, but I can't argue with Amartey at Stoke. Absolutely ridiculous.

Understated Hero of the Season - Simpson, without a doubt. Our best defender this season.

Archived