Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

The OH Leuven Thread

5 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

if so I'm glad he's finally getting a taste of 'competitve' football and not just youth. He should have been sent on loan for the past few seasons now. 

I'm finding it hard to believe though because the owners brought in Kawin Thamsatchanan and made him the highest paid player at the club. However he did not completely convince us of his skills, so there is a chance.

• Like 1

On 21/06/2018 at 08:54, Cardiff_Fox said:

All players with experience of Belgian football. No-one the average English football fan would be aware of to be honest. 

Now just signed the highly rated George Hirst from Sheffield Wednesday. Could be a possible game played by LCFC to avoid a transfer fee 

17 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

We were apparently in for him last summer so this is interesting, let him develop for a season at Leuven and then if he develops enough let Leicester buy him, if not he can stay and help Leuven push for promotion?

Apparently going abroad means less or no compo. He'll then come to us ata later date. Basically saved a million or two.

• Thanks 1

I do feel for Wednesday.

We've been interested in Hirst for a while, and seems to be quite highly-rated, so I think the suggestion that he'll end up here is pretty accurate.

I know this is a business, but we've mugged Wednesday off with this one, I think.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I do feel for Wednesday.

We've been interested in Hirst for a while, and seems to be quite highly-rated, so I think the suggestion that he'll end up here is pretty accurate.

I know this is a business, but we've mugged Wednesday off with this one, I think.

According to their forum we offered £2m for him last summer which they rejected and they allowed him to run his contract out and possible get 500k-£1m in compensation if he went to an English club.

12 minutes ago, baker11 said:

Hurst and his agent have properly played Wednesday for a while.

If it's a backdoor way of us getting him in without paying compo its sly.

Clever though, it’s there own fault at the end of the day for not playing him or not cashing in on him 

24 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Clever though, it’s there own fault at the end of the day for not playing him or not cashing in on him 

Oh they tried to pay him. 10k a week was offered, the best contract they’ve ever offered to any player of u23s.

1 hour ago, Will1981 said:

Ah, the classic "Leicester screwed the ambulance services during administration" line held up against us again.

Not mentioning the regime since 2003 has pretty much changed here at LCFC, but why would a Wednesday fan care about facts?