Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tony1784

Troy Deeney

51 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Deeney is a worse version of Slimani in my opinion, he also takes penalties as well so putting it into perspective his goal scoring record in the premier league isn't that good. I'd rather we spent £20 million on back up for Vardy and gave slimani more of a chance paired up with Vardy 

Deeney is better than Slimani in the 2nd striker role. It's Deeney's natural position.

Why the fvck are people moaning about the fee were bidding for players? Is it your money? No. Vichai is minted for Christ sake, the geezer is probably having a bath in £50 notes this very minute. An extra £10m on a player, for Vichai is nothing. 

In some ways the price for ageing stars ISN'T a bad thing.

You tend to get them in their prime, and there's less chance of them leaving if they do well.

Look at our Prem winning squad. If they were youngsters half of them would have left by now. We've got value out of all our players who were in their late twenties when we signed them so far. And we've kept them

The only one who hasn't fully justified his price tag yet is Slim.

If we can get Deeney 100% and firing I'm not bothered about price. It's only cos he was unmotivated last season that we are worrying.

1 hour ago, EnglishOxide said:

In some ways the price for ageing stars ISN'T a bad thing.

You tend to get them in their prime, and there's less chance of them leaving if they do well.

Look at our Prem winning squad. If they were youngsters half of them would have left by now. We've got value out of all our players who were in their late twenties when we signed them so far. And we've kept them

The only one who hasn't fully justified his price tag yet is Slim.

If we can get Deeney 100% and firing I'm not bothered about price. It's only cos he was unmotivated last season that we are worrying.

Not sure about this. 'Ageing' equates to much reduced re-sale value.   May be Rudders can insist upon a 'Give Back' Clause at a an agreed fee?

Deeney v Okazaki = Deeney. He actually stays on his feet. 

Deeney v Ulloa = Deeney. He actually puts himself about, unlike that lumbering gazelle. 

Deeney v Slimani = Evens. I like Slimani, think he has been unfairly criticised given his stats, but I'm yet to see a good build up of link-up play with Vards, I'm not sure he can be a proper number 10 and I'm not sure to believe this 'give him a pre-season and he will be telepathically communicating with Vards' talk either. I think we can keep both, and when Vards form dips or we need to change things up we can use Slim as a number 9, you know, a target man? His job? 

Where's the problem? He's better than the majority of what we have, he's of good character and footballing intelligence, he has respect for the club already, he knows some of the players and staff, he has good work ethic on the pitch... 

Gerrimin. 

3 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Deeney v Okazaki = Deeney. He actually stays on his feet. 

Deeney v Ulloa = Deeney. He actually puts himself about, unlike that lumbering gazelle. 

Deeney v Slimani = Evens. I like Slimani, think he has been unfairly criticised given his stats, but I'm yet to see a good build up of link-up play with Vards, I'm not sure he can be a proper number 10 and I'm not sure to believe this 'give him a pre-season and he will be telepathically communicating with Vards' talk either. I think we can keep both, and when Vards form dips or we need to change things up we can use Slim as a number 9, you know, a target man? His job? 

Where's the problem? He's better than the majority of what we have, he's of good character and footballing intelligence, he has respect for the club already, he knows some of the players and staff, he has good work ethic on the pitch... 

Gerrimin. 

Not sure that Deeney will give us the quality to improve our position.  EG: shinji comes short to offer the midfielders an out ball and then brings the winder in tot he game - will deeney do that?  Yet deeney will score more than Shinji I expect.   I like Deeney... but he will not be the one to transform us... it's a no from me.

I have no doubts Deeney will be an upgrade on Shinji, who lets not forget is 32 before the season is out. The only issues around this for me are the age of our strike force, the long term squad building and the personal preference of thinking it's better practice to go for players with resale value.

Okazaki 32 in April

Vardy 31 in January

Slimani 30 in June

Deeney 30 in June

Ulloa 31 in July

They are all likely to need phasing out around the same time, which is not ideal. From a squad building perspective it's ok so long as we traded two out this summer and got another much younger player in. Pack the bags of Ulloa and Okazaki, bring in Deeney and Iheanacho and now we're talking.

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I have no doubts Deeney will be an upgrade on Shinji, who lets not forget is 32 before the season is out. The only issues around this for me are the age of our strike force, the long term squad building and the personal preference of thinking it's better practice to go for players with resale value.

Okazaki 32 in April

Vardy 31 in January

Slimani 30 in June

Deeney 30 in June

Ulloa 31 in July

They are all likely to need phasing out around the same time, which is not ideal. From a squad building perspective it's ok so long as we traded two out this summer and got another much younger player in. Pack the bags of Ulloa and Okazaki, bring in Deeney and Iheanacho and now we're talking.

Deeney well overpriced at 20 million I wouldn't pay that money for him 

45 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Okazaki 32 in April

Vardy 31 in January

Slimani 30 in June

Deeney 30 in June

Ulloa 31 in July

We're of one mind Babs!

I'd like him here, but I just don't think it's worth paying £20-£25m for a 29 year old. For that kind of money I'd ideally like us to go for someone like Iheanacho, who's clearly got talent, but also has the potential to improve significantly. Just think that's too much for Deeney personally, nothing against him as a player.

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

Yeah sounds of great character...

A Championship footballer who attacked a group of students in Birmingham has been jailed for 10 months.

Watford FC striker Troy Deeney, 23, was recorded by CCTV cameras kicking one of the victims in the head.

One man suffered a broken jaw and another required 20 stitches as a result of the brawl in Broad Street.

5years ago not that long ago.

5 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

A Championship footballer who attacked a group of students in Birmingham has been jailed for 10 months.

Watford FC striker Troy Deeney, 23, was recorded by CCTV cameras kicking one of the victims in the head.

One man suffered a broken jaw and another required 20 stitches as a result of the brawl in Broad Street.

Two words.

Jamie Vardy.

9 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Oh come on. How many of us, hand on heart, can say we've never done something similar? 

2 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Once Mahrez leaves the squad will be looking a bit, er, Pulisy. Don't mind Deeney and I'm sure he'd fit in well but I just think we need a bit more class and subtlety in the forward areas. 

bit harsh when we've got the likes of Gray at the club

It just looks like we're desperate. Deeney is not the best we can do for that sort of money. It's not good value. 

Even if we sign two strikers we should be aiming much higher. This isn't the ambitious signing I was looking for.

8 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Oh come on. How many of us, hand on heart, can say we've never done something similar? 

Cue comments from the self-righteous..

Archived