Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Al-aLondon-Foxile

Tom Lawrence

Not seen enough of him last season to judge but if Derby are offering £10m chances are he is worth a bit more.Would like to give him a pre-season at least to see if he has a  role to play certainly several top Championship clubs have been rumoured to be in for him for a while

35 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It's a very good offer tbf. Think that is his level at the moment 

I just think if we bought him for 10m from Ispwich after his last season we would all want him to have a chance here. But sell if he wont play much. Use the money for that Cafu guy.

10 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I just think if we bought him for 10m from Ispwich after his last season we would all want him to have a chance here. But sell if he wont play much. Use the money for that Cafu guy.

Yeah I'd be happy either way tbh

10m is a decent price, reckon he'll end up going for about 12/13 though.

He's 23 now and he's one half of a good season at Championship level.

Would rather focus on Harvey and reinvest this money elsewhere.

9 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

I'd give him a go at least...and I think Shakey will! 

Shaky will know all he needs to know by now. Lawrence may well make pre-season outings but there won't be any experimentation come the start of the new campaign. Lawrence will either have convinced the manager by now or not.    

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

Not interested in profit tbh.

Would rather see if he's got what it takes to make the step up. We're still lacking game changers from the bench in midfield, so even if he's just that he's worth keeping.

We certainly don't need the money, and I'd really like to see him given a shot at our level to see what he's got. There were some exciting clips and comments from Ipswich last term but i don't see where he's gonna get a chance with us currently. 

8 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

And this is why....

Got to give the guy a chance. If the loan system is aimed at giving young players game time and letting them mature, then job done. Now let's see if he can make the step up. If we let him go we could end up regretting it.

16 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

And this is why....

Anytime I see highlights from the championship it makes me wonder why I really spent years defending the standard of football. Some of the defending and goalkeeping is comical. 

7 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Anytime I see highlights from the championship it makes me wonder why I really spent years defending the standard of football. Some of the defending and goalkeeping is comical. 

I agree! I wonder why I did the same. You just don't see it when your own team plays in the league

I'm undecided on this one. 

£10m is decent money considering he's unproven (at prem level) so there's no guarantee he has a future with us. 

However, we don't need the money and everywhere he has been the fans have wanted him to stay (Man U fans were annoyed that he was sold so cheap and Ipswich would have him back in a heart beat). 

But I just can't see him being picked ahead of Mahrez, Albrighton or Gray in anything other than the cup. 

6 hours ago, Callabinho said:

I'd give him a go at least...and I think Shakey will! 

Shaky will know all he needs to know by now. he may well make pre-season outings but there won't be any experimentation come the start of the new campaign. Lawrence will either have convinced the manager by now or not.  

Most of the goals he scored wouldn't have been scored by anyone in our side last season - in the main they were selfish goals and there's much to be said for a bloke who takes that sort of responsbility.

But how good's the rest of his game and would he be competition for Drinkwater? On last season's show I'd imagine he might but at his best Drinky sucks in a lot of work. But he's no goal threat. Only one last season and two assists whereas Lawrence had nine. 

The stats certainly merit second thoughts. To have a say in 20 goals, even in the Championship is not insignificant.

I'm not so bothered about the standard of defending - there's mistakes aplenty in the Premiership too. But I do like a bloke who has a go and is ruthless enough to hit the target. Especially from distance. We've missed that. from central midfield.  

More than that his contributions were made in considerably fewer minutes on the pitch than Drinky, he had an average match rating of over 7 and he played in a lot of different attacking positions. Represents an asset to me. Versatility is a big plus in today's game.     

Archived