Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

MK Dons.. Friendly.. Tonight.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

:thumbup:

Cheers, I'd refreshed before and it still wasn't working but went away from the computer come back and I now have a picture but its frozen so it's either my internet connection (More than likely) or too many people watching? :dunno:

Well - if it carries on like this there will probably be at least one less in the second half lol

3 minutes ago, eddylcfc said:

I have seen no sign thus far of our potential starting eleven on the same pitch at one given time. Yes I know its still relatively early into pre season but I feel like we need to see some consistent selection and not give minutes to bit part players such as Johnson, Lawrence and Elder.

on the contrary I thought Shakey has been playing pretty much his first team together fairly consistently so far (either starting or coming on as mass subs), it's clear today is reserves and tomorrow will be first teamers... good for the first teamers but maybe a bit disheartening for the 'rejects'

Just now, vanity said:

You mean today or overall? I thought he was a real bright spot last game.

Truthfully I think he's looked poor during both, I think perhaps some may be blinded by his athleticism.

3 minutes ago, eddylcfc said:

Pre Season seems to have a stigma attached about how its all about building fitness levels.

Whilst I would acknowledge that fitness, come the start of the season, must be up to scratch. What I feel is being neglected is team cohesion.

I have seen no sign thus far of our potential starting eleven on the same pitch at one given time. Yes I know its still relatively early into pre season but I feel like we need to see some consistent selection and not give minutes to bit part players such as Johnson, Lawrence and Elder.

Tommorow we will see more or less the potential starting eleven.

With the bit part players, it's the perfect time to begin a transition of giving youth footballers  time with the seniors, getting impressions of how they are. You mention Lawrences name as an example along with Johnson & Elder. I genuinely think Lawrence has an opportunity not to claim first team football, but certainly claim a stake for the squad. He impressed on loan and seems to be having a good preseason.

11 minutes ago, Wdywd said:

Getting absolutely rinsed by their winger every time.

Lawrence and Gray are at least close to being entertaining which is more than can be said for the rest of the game

Also that wasn't that good from Lawrence, the kick hit the defender who then stacked it :D

Really like both Gray and Lawrence, you'd like to think the latter has done enough this pre-season to avoid being sent out on loan.

4 minutes ago, The Floyd said:

Truthfully I think he's looked poor during both, I think perhaps some may be blinded by his athleticism.

Am watching him more closely now, certainly it looks like -- at least at 18 -- bit of speed is adequate to get around him. Definitely see Iborra seems to be shading him a bit more, providing inside support, allowing him to focus on stopping the wing getting around his right. Would be curious to see him moved inside, with Amartey moved out right, though that would carry some some obvious peril on the scoreboard.

Some nice build up play at times but that final ball and some shit first touches have let us down, we've been forced to play in tight areas and forced to play the odd long ball too.

Positives - Amartey has looked solid, Iborra possesses the calmness that Cambiasso had, Lawrence with a few decent moments.

Archived