Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HeroFox

Company Name - Idea's

I'd differentiate between a product name and a company name or brand.

For example the legal name for the company could be anything such as 'Hero Distributing Co Ltd. Selling products such as Kantina steel flasks. 

1 hour ago, davieG said:

FLASKE is an eco-friendly drinking bottle where the drink stays cold for 24 hours and stays warm for 12 hours. The triple stainless steel wall does not create any condensation. Perfect for any occasion. FLASKE is BPA-free and has a special closure cap, which makes leakage impossible. 10% of revenue is donated to UNICEF for clean drinking water projects!

https://www.linkedin.com/company/flaske

Well **** me.

Search Flaske Bottle in google and this thread comes up before the actual website! No registered company. No trademark. Doesn't own www.flaske.com. 

I could be a real sh*t here... 

SPURS would be my suggestion. 

On in a serious note Flaske is good as it's says what it is, and has a fancy twist which adds value. I would avoid anything that doesn't meant a lot to people.

The suggestion on for pushing the environmental factors is key I think, but don't over complicate it. For example, Eco-Flask. Tells me what it is and I know by buying it I am doing something for the environment, which makes me feel good. 

13 hours ago, HeroFox said:

Hello, 

Not 100% sure if this is allowed - if not please feel free to remove it! 

I am looking for a name for a new company. Manufacturing and selling stainless steel water bottles in an effort to replace peoples everyday plastic bottles. The aim is to reduce plastic waste in our oceans and planet while also encouraging the world to drink more water.

The two names I have come up with so far - 

Hydratee

Flaske 

Which one do you prefer? Personally I think Flaske sounds like a great brand name. 

Look forward to hearing what you have! 

Where is your target market?  If you are concentrating on the UK, which I suspect you will be, your company name/product name can be something that would have meaning to English speakers.  If you are looking internationally then you would need to avoid words that would have different meanings in different languages.

On a different tack are you set on stainless steel?  Sure certain grades are rust-resistant but it's heavy and can be expensive, have you considered aluminium as an alternative?

I'm a retired Chartered Engineer and we famously have little imagination but could something as simple as 'Bottle for Life' work?  It says exactly what it does and we are already familiar with the phrase 'Bag for Life' and many of us have bought into that concept which could be helpful.

12 hours ago, Smudge said:

I'd differentiate between a product name and a company name or brand.

For example the legal name for the company could be anything such as 'Hero Distributing Co Ltd. Selling products such as Kantina steel flasks. 

This guy knows his onions, call the company something generic, it is much easier to rebrand and change a product name than a company name. When you find out flaske means penis in South America, you can change the name to suit the market, but the company name would still mean a Latino phallus.

As a company name how about Resolve, it works on many levels, well two. You have a STEELy resolve, which means determination and to resolve which is to find a solution.

Unfortunately it also seems to be one of those words that loses all meaning if you say it too many times.

47 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Is stainless steel any better environmentally? 

http://www.greenspec.co.uk/building-design/steel-products-and-environmental-impact/

Using one stainless steel bottle, rather than the 100s of plastic disposable bottles and cups each person gets through every year, then yes. The problem is that even if you carry it around with you everywhere it is only going to reduce a fraction of that. Glastonbury festival offer stainless steel cups to refill at the bar, but you can't do that anywhere else, rock up to the pub with your stainless steel bottle and ask for a pint in there. Or at the cinema, blue slush puppy, just fill her up...

I say go for it, but making a stainless steel bottle is not going to change our disposable mindset.

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

How does your water bottle get mineral water into it?

You pour it in.. I get what your saying, were not trying to save the world in one day. If ALL it does is get you to buy one 5L bottle of mineral water and decant it into a drinkable steel bottle each day, that saves the world of the TEN 500ml plastic bottles you would have bought, right?

Archived