Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2017/18

7 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

What are people's views on English clubs doing well in Europe? Personally I like all English clubs to do well in Europe. 

I agree. I can't stand Spurs in the Premier League but will root for them & every other English team when playing in Europe.

To be fair to Spurs, as much as I dislike them, you can't argue with essentially pinning Juventus in for the majority of the match and getting that result, even if Higuain did offer it to them on a platter with a crap second penalty.

In terms of English teams in the UCL... I can't suspend my dislike of teams just because they're playing foreign opposition. I do want to see Man City do well, mainly because I want to see them against the very elite. I'd like to watch them play PSG/Madrid, Barcelona. It'd be a blockbuster tie.

I'd actually love them all to progress because country protection ends in the next round, so to see a potential Man Utd/Man City, Spurs/Chelsea set of QFs. The atmospheres would be incredible, the ties intriguing. All English knockouts in Europe tend to be amazing affairs.

I said it before, Fergie's United, Barca and Madrid win those kind of games because they have the "mount rushmore" aura about them. No matter how bad of a run they are having or how good the other team is, they always find a way to win.

Rooting for PSG but i think Real Madrid will win.

Edited by the fox

7 hours ago, the fox said:

I said it before, Fergie's United, Barca and Madrid win those kind of games because they have the "mount rushmore" aura about them. No matter how bad of a run they are having or how good the other team is, they always find a way to win.

Rooting for PSG but i think Real Madrid will win.

After that dive - I am rooting for PSG now too.

3 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Very good game. I'm mighty impressed by PSG (their keeper aside)

their keepers been their best player? two unreal saves. nearly got to the pen too but that was literally impossible to save. 

psg were dominating there, silly pen to give away. 

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

their keepers been their best player? two unreal saves. nearly got to the pen too but that was literally impossible to save. 

psg were dominating there, silly pen to give away. 

Twice he's knocked the ball back into the centre of the area. He's a bit flappy, but he did pull of a world class save the second after I posted (which is bloody typical)