Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonny_wright

Andros Townsend...

I'm warming to this transfer.

Townsend is pretty much a left footed Albrighton, who likes to cross or shoot early. Currently, one of our CM's has to drift over and support Simpson which disrupts our defensive shape. Having Townsend and Albrighton on the wings would give our full backs a lot of support.

However we'd still be able to create chances because as we saw tonight, Albrighton is capable of making things happen and so is Townsend on his day.

Having two balanced, direct, old fashioned wingers in our system could work very well.

12 minutes ago, Cheshireblue said:

Personally don't get why anyone would doubt this transfer, if we are in for him; he's quick, direct, can play on both wings, capable of scoring goals from midfield, not too expensive and has a point to prove...sounds like a Leicester signing to me

Welcome Andros (or your agent) to FT - having seen you play a few times for CPFC last season - no thanks!  At least Mark A puts in an honest shift & DG has more creativity

5 minutes ago, Bob666 said:

Welcome Andros (or your agent) to FT - having seen you play a few times for CPFC last season - no thanks!  At least Mark A puts in an honest shift & DG has more creativity

Not saying they don't, but my opinion is he'd be a good addition to put into the mix in that area.

also, having that opinion doesn't make you an agent ?

24 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

But going forward he will rarely get support from Simpson. Not sure how he would look then.

Albrighton manages when he's on that side and his defensive capabilities even encourage Simpson to be a bit more adventurous. With mahrez any move forward by Simpson is going to be a risk. 

I'm another in the camp of 'good addition'

He was brilliant at Spurs and QPR, quite clearly got the goods. Didn't work out at Newcastle or Palace I grant you, but he has some good attributes that fit well into our team IMO as said above. Fast, hard working, likes to take a player on, and when he cuts inside he's got a rifle of a shot on him. Fitting in with our counter attacking ethos it could work extremely well.

Would very much like to see this happen, myself.

We could get worse, if he's available for a decent price then it's a good shout - could end up a bit of an Albrighton as he's still got potential to become a better player - i'd still prefer Phillips from WBA or Antonio from West Ham as a wing option honestly - but they'd probably cost a lot more and a bit of persuading.

Guest BlueBrett

I'd take him on the condition that we also keep Mahrez and he NEVER EVER turns out for us with that absurd bald head and a beard combo

Archived