Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

2 hours ago, Fktf said:

It is depressing to watch a 90 year old doing laps of their garden in order to raise what appears to be a large amount of money for the health service, because in reality the sum raised is rather negligible in the context of the health service.  

The literal BILLIONS of $ that have been raised recently (Bushfires/Covid etc) demonstrates that too many people have way too much money.

It can be donated and most people dont even realise they have spent/lost/donated it.

3 minutes ago, Toddybad said:

1. Salad spinners are the absolute peak of human ingenuity. Owning one makes you better than your friends.

2. Cheap lager is better than craft beers. Yes they're complex but they're also virtually undrinkable.

Number 2 is a bad shout. That’s like saying all fizzy drinks are bad even though they all have different flavours. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Toddybad said:

1. Salad spinners are the absolute peak of human ingenuity. Owning one makes you better than your friends.

2. Cheap lager is better than craft beers. Yes they're complex but they're also virtually undrinkable.

1. I don't think I've ever thought my life could be improved with a salad spinner tbh

2. That is the worst opinion on here because a) what Unabomber said b) cheap lager is actually undrinkable

16 hours ago, ozleicester said:

The literal BILLIONS of $ that have been raised recently (Bushfires/Covid etc) demonstrates that too many people have way too much money.

It can be donated and most people dont even realise they have spent/lost/donated it.

Whilst its great to support charities this has got to be the worst version of you will never walk alone ever. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, twoleftfeet said:

Whilst its great to support charities this has got to be the worst version of you will never walk alone ever. 

Yeah I heard it for the first time today and it is fu cking shite.

Know thats not the point as its brilliant so much money has been raised for charity but shouldnt pretend its a decent version when its not.

22 hours ago, StanSP said:

Am I the only one not knowing what the actual fvck a salad spinner is lol 

I had to look it up.

It’s wrong by proxy anyway. Salad is the worst use of vegetables and utilises so much of the worst kind of vegetables, like lettuce and cucumber. So many better ways to prepare or cook veg than just jumbling them raw that just makes it a chore to eat.

13 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

I had to look it up.

It’s wrong by proxy anyway. Salad is the worst use of vegetables and utilises so much of the worst kind of vegetables, like lettuce and cucumber. So many better ways to prepare or cook veg than just jumbling them raw that just makes it a chore to eat.

Not having that. Greek Salads are the 8th wonder of the world.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I agree with him. Salad is boring as hell. 

But I love a veg casserole or some ratatouille. 

Salad >>vegetable casserole

59 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

I had to look it up.

My friend, get a salad spinner and some fresh ideas and salad is a meal of kings.

22 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Yeah, in Greece.

Not from the local cafe.

It’s a fair point, and perhaps having it at a quay side taverna plays into ambience too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

National anthems befoere sporting events are a joke.

All events?  I think they add to the atmosphere for internationals but I couldn't agree more that it's fvcking weird when it's a domestic game.

• Like 2

1: Clap for heroes is great, but granted we won’t do so, next time our armed forces are at war.

2: The journalist at the press conferences are stupid. The questions asked? 😣

3: why don’t labour save their  views on how the government are dealing with the pandemic until its calmed down. It just reeks too f opportunist points scoring. 

25 minutes ago, Toddybad said:

Regarding 3. Labour is being extremely grown up under Starmar. The whole point of an opposition is it holds the government to account. Opposing parties have successfully pushed back on lack of testing and comparisons with how other countries are tackling the crisis. Even government ministers accept this role is vital. Without Starmar putting Raab on notice that he'll be asking about non-hospital deaths again next week does anybody really think the government would be rushing to find out the answer and publish it? The same is true of other elements of the government's response - it's not just moaning, it's about constructive criticism that leads to better government. It's an important role.

But they're not "holding the Government to account".  They're just cheap political point scoring.

In this crisis, the opposition (of whatever hue) would probably have done pretty much the same thing - as advised by the various health advisors.

On several occasions, Mr Starmer has started a sentence with "I'm not going to try and point score" and then has contradicted himself by the end of the sentence ... by doing exactly that. 

I'd have more respect if he said "yeah, we would pretty much have taken the same actions, as advised by our health and scientific experts"

2 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

But they're not "holding the Government to account".  They're just cheap political point scoring.

In this crisis, the opposition (of whatever hue) would probably have done pretty much the same thing - as advised by the various health advisors.

On several occasions, Mr Starmer has started a sentence with "I'm not going to try and point score" and then has contradicted himself by the end of the sentence ... by doing exactly that. 

I'd have more respect if he said "yeah, we would pretty much have taken the same actions, as advised by our health and scientific experts"

I'm not going to get into a big political debate in this thread. But I disagree - for example he has given credit for testing capacity increasing, whilst remaining critical that it isn't being used as it isn't dispersed properly. It's literally his job to do that. I don't see it at point scoring at all. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Toddybad said:

I'm not going to get into a big political debate in this thread. But I disagree - for example he has given credit for testing capacity increasing, whilst remaining critical that it isn't being used as it isn't dispersed properly. It's literally his job to do that. I don't see it at point scoring at all. 

Mod finger hovers over toddy-ban button ...