Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bovril

Unpopular Opinions You Hold

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, Wrighty22 said:

You’d be stupid to think that humanity will learn much from this. As soon as the lockdown is over people will be driving and flying as often as they were. 

Yeah I think you're right.

3 minutes ago, Wrighty22 said:

You’d be stupid to think that humanity will learn much from this. As soon as the lockdown is over people will be driving and flying as often as they were. 

Yep because we are a selfish, must have race. 

There's definitely something in this nature thing, I'm staggered it's happened so quickly, imagine the world we could live in, if it was for a sustained period. 

But as soon as we approach something like normality, everyone will be back to driving round at 100mph trying to earn a crust for all those holidays etc they feel they deserve, and although if I'm lucky I can maybe afford 1 a year, I seriously want a break from this once it's all over, so guilty as charged myself.

13 minutes ago, MattP said:

You might be surprised here but after seeing the pictures of swans returning to the clear water of the canals in Venice it really hit me just how much damage we are doing to the natural beauty of the planet.

Let's hope one of the things that comes out of this is we only travel by car or plane when its essential and hopefully start to appreciate our surroundings a bit more.

I do now think at the very least, those that can work from home, should continue to do so.

Edited by Strokes
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Wrighty22 said:

My company has already said that they will seriously consider allowing those people who want to be able to continue working from home, and I'm sure they won't be the only ones. It would mean I could get rid of my car altogether, so hopefully this will be one step in the right direction 

I'm surprised that anyone is surprised by the positive impact this is having on the environment.

The promotion of the car and the way that cities have been built over the last 30, 40 years for the car, rather than for people, has been a disaster for the environment.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Strokes said:

I do now think at the very least, those that can work from home, should continue to do so.

Hopefully, especially with all the traffic and pollution and whatnot

Personally I thought I'd love working from home. Turns out I hate it. Can't concentrate at all, I hate the conference calls, nothing is where I want it, can't take the piss out of my colleagues. Never thought I'd say it but I can't wait to get back in the office

9 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Personally I thought I'd love working from home. Turns out I hate it. Can't concentrate at all, I hate the conference calls, nothing is where I want it, can't take the piss out of my colleagues. Never thought I'd say it but I can't wait to get back in the office

Same here. Plus when you're waiting on something from a colleague you can just grab a folder and crack on with something else, but at home I was sitting there waiting. Also we mirror our screens from the office so printing out is a nightmare because it either just comes out at the office or you have to save everything on to you actual laptop.

Then sorting all the paperwork when I next when in was like doing the job all over again. Can't wait to be back on the office full time.

• 3 weeks later...

Possibly not an unpopular opinion, but I've just happened upon an article about Cardi B where she admitted that when she used to be a stripper and prostitute she invited men back to her hotel and drugged and robbed them. 

How the hell is she not in jail?!! She's basically a female Bill Cosby. Can you imagine the outcry if Weinstein had drugged and robbed those women? 

I've never ever heard one of her songs (knowingly) or heard the stupid way she talks which I've read about. I've seen plenty of Katherine Ryan talking about how she loves her. What a great role model for her daughter this Cardi B piece of crap is! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

People who have tattoos of their children's names are weird, as are those who have massive portrait size photo prints of their kids sitting side by side, on their wall.

I dont get it either.

52 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

People who have tattoos of their children's names are weird, as are those who have massive portrait size photo prints of their kids sitting side by side, on their wall.

I Don t understand in Europe,anyone ( other than Maybe Military pers/sailors) having or wanting tattoos....Sportsman since the Late 90s,Really going out their Way for the most elaborate....

5 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Our neighbors have a baby pic in their front room that takes up half the wall. Black and white too...

Who has a massive portrait of their kids sitting on a wall? 

• Like 1

It's just to remind us what their real names are as we spend most of the time calling them swear words.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 29/03/2020 at 19:28, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

This. Thought it was gonna be amazing, can't concentrate at all. I'm basically just annoyed that my girlfriend has been furloughed and is swanning around the apartment like a cat that only eats crisps.

• Haha 1

On 19/04/2020 at 19:51, Milo said:

Who has a massive portrait of their kids sitting on a wall? 

My whole Wall is a massive 3D Portrait of my kids....Its where I have Left them Hanging since Lockdown...

Helps me remember the Good times...

It is depressing to watch a 90 year old doing laps of their garden in order to raise what appears to be a large amount of money for the health service, because in reality the sum raised is rather negligible in the context of the health service.