Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Nigel Pearson working for KP again

2 hours ago, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

Yes ,I  couldn't agree more. He's a has been, who was an average manager, and will never be part of this club again, thankfully.

Average Manager? For us? He’s up there as one of the BEST LCFC managers of modern times. He did a brilliant job with us. He played an instrumental role in building a team that eventually won the league and I guess for Pearson haters like you it’s best to ignore this fantastic period in our recent history. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Donut said:

Successful in the division below against worse teams. Yep.

Never mind the fact we won the league, lets go back to the time we were in the league below 5 years ago. Yaaaaaaaaaaay.

Sorry i forgot the golden rule. Pearson won the league, and even if we went down with Pearson in charge next season, it wouldnt be his fault.

Oh its Puel's fault now of course. It was Ranieri's fault Pearsons team went wrong. But if Pearson takes us down, its clearly not his fault.

Literally one of the weirdest posts I have read on here ever.  X

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Donut said:

Never mind the fact we won the league, lets go back to the time we were in the league below 5 years ago. Yaaaaaaaaaaay.

Sorry i forgot the golden rule. Pearson won the league, and even if we went down with Pearson in charge next season, it wouldnt be his fault.

Oh its Puel's fault now of course. It was Ranieri's fault Pearsons team went wrong. But if Pearson takes us down, its clearly not his fault.

Huh???

Pearson has never taken us down. Don't understand your post. Won league one + Championship, 2 playoffs and 14th place in prem in our 1st season (likely higher than Wagner will finish)

All players that won the prem were either his signings or on our Radar. The background staff and whole structure of the club was way better than it is now.

If your argument was lets not go back I could understand that even if I disagree as in the past bringing him back worked well. He did a great job for us and its only non football reasons he got the boot.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jimmy said:

people claiming Puel is boring and negative need to remember Pearson picked a back 5 of Simpson Wasilewski Morgan Upson Koncheski

The alternatives were Schlupp and De Laet tbf. Who were binned off after shipping 5 against Arsenal under Ranieri

19 minutes ago, Wookie said:

The alternatives were Schlupp and De Laet tbf. Who were binned off after shipping 5 against Arsenal under Ranieri

Simpson and Koncheski as wing back is something that should never have hapened

6 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

If it's the game I think you're talking about, then I think they weren't actually wing-backs, but rather overlapping full backs in a 5-4-1. If I recall, Konchesky was just behind Schlupp, Simpson behind Mahrez. Some reports called it a 5-4-1, others a 3-4-2-1 or a 3-4-3, but neither of those players were our main threat out wide. 

14 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Probably not but it wasn't long after that is was Schlupp and Albrighton there instead. One legitimate criticism of Pearson is that he's a slow learner or slow to adjust but ultimately he get it right in the end.

8 hours ago, Jimmy said:

So this one game negates his entire two stints with us?  If you take a wee step back and look at the bigger picture do you not think you might be guilty of focusing on the negatives to adhere to some form of confirmation bias you may have?  Again, not saying we should bring him back but you are basically saying "He may have had two promotions and a 14th place finish in his first season in the PL.  He may have taken us from our lowest ebb and created a team full of team spirit and determination.  He may have laid the foundations to help Claudio with our league win but remember that game where he started too defensively??!?!".  X

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Donut said:

Your talking pure shit mate.

Can we just set up another website for clowns like @Donut @DANGEROUS TIGER called PearsonTalk where they chunter away to each other about how much they despise one of the best managers in our history? There'd be no rational posters on there to prove them wrong, and at the same time we wouldn't have to be subjected to their drivel? Win win.

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

I actually can't believe what I'm reading (and this is Foxestalk!).

How could any Leicester fan not rate Pearson? Beyond me.

We rate Pearson, just not as a top 10 manager. If our ambition is to finish 15th then yeah let's get him back. 

Only way I would begrudgingly accept his return, would be if Shakey and Walsh came back too. 

Even then, I would have a hard time swallowing it and I don't know if he would have the ability to make us into a regular top 8 club. 

36 minutes ago, Koke said:

We rate Pearson, just not as a top 10 manager. If our ambition is to finish 15th then yeah let's get him back. 

No problem with people who don't want him back even though he had one season in the prem, so we don't know what we'd be settling for if he returned. It's the fact that some people on here are denouncing what he did for us and calling him out as some kind of failure.

You don't have to like the guy but quite frankly, if you don't think he was a great manager for us then I struggle to see how you're a Leicester City supporter.

• Like 1

Purl will be gone. Pearson assuming the messianic role of MON now- and why not?

We need some stability. We need someone to head butt a few dressing room big heads. We need those weird press conferences. We need a sensible, working structure behind the scenes again, not this fractured mosaic of chaos currently dragging the club down.  In short we need Pearson. I'd take Benitez though. 

Wagner should stick to music - he's good at that. 

15 hours ago, Donut said:

Have you banged your head?

I thought some of the things you've posted recently were very insightful and well thought-out. This is baffling nonsense.

I don't think anyone's saying Pearson won the league. His team did, though. Can't argue with that. It went tits up as soon as Ranieri tried to put his own stamp on it a year later.

I've lost count of the number of times I've said it on here, but I'll never understand the Leicester fans who hate NP and can't see or acknowledge the incredible job he did here. He's indisputably one of the greatest managers this club has ever had.

I'm not sure if having NP back for a third time would work out well, without Shakespeare and Walsh. If he could find the right backroom staff, then I reckon it probably would. I'd much rather him than Puel or Dyche. That's for sure.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

With regards to Puel or Pearson or both?

Most journos think he'll be gone but no one expects Pearson to replace him.

Thanks. You’ve kind of gone two thirds of the way through what was at the back of my question. I guess the missing third is ‘who do those in the press circles think really is a contender to replace CP?’  Are you able to whet our collective appetite, at all? Do you buy the Wagner rumour as credible? Forgive me pushing for more, but suspect you hear more than most? 

11 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Thanks. You’ve kind of gone two thirds of the way through what was at the back of my question. I guess the missing third is ‘who do those in the press circles think really is a contender to replace CP?’  Are you able to whet our collective appetite, at all? Do you buy the Wagner rumour as credible? Forgive me pushing for more, but suspect you hear more than most? 

I think the DoF would prefer someone like Wagner rather than a bigger name

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Have you banged your head?

I thought some of the things you've posted recently were very insightful and well thought-out. This is baffling nonsense.

I don't think anyone's saying Pearson won the league. His team did, though. Can't argue with that. It went tits up as soon as Ranieri tried to put his own stamp on it a year later.

I've lost count of the number of times I've said it on here, but I'll never understand the Leicester fans who hate NP and can't see or acknowledge the incredible job he did here. He's indisputably one of the greatest managers this club has ever had.

I'm not sure if having NP back for a third time would work out well, without Shakespeare and Walsh. If he could find the right backroom staff, then I reckon it probably would. I'd much rather him than Puel or Dyche. That's for sure.

I don't hate the bloke. I really don't.

I appreciate what hes done IN THE PAST. I want to MOVE FORWARDS.

I just hate the double standards people have when judging our managers and the absolutely nauseating continuous gangbang that ensues every time the name Pearson comes up.

Why don't we get Micky Adams back? he led a team of ageing players and players playing for free to promotion at a time when we were in administration, having to lay off staff, delay peoples wages for months, not pay the builders who built the stadium. Pretty damn special job that, but of course we aren't talking about him coming back.

Why don't we get Martin O'Neill back? he won two league cups, reached a final of a third, best Premier League finish at the time, took us to Old Trafford and won, regularly beat Liverpool, gave teams at Filbo a tough game with workmanlike players who had little skill.....like Andy Impey, own goals Sinco, kick everything that moves Savage...........why don't we get him back?

No one flops their cock out for those two. No one talks about the Jimmy Bloomfield era..... People who do things that at AT LEAST the equivalent of what Pearson did, if not certainly more. Pearson is treated as some sort of omnipotent god. Youd think this forum would be absolutely chock full of Ranieri posts paying homage to him and theres people who view him as a joke. Bonkers. Instead we post pictures of winning the league below at a half empty Bolton Wanderers.

Move on. Move onwards and upwards. Im sick of looking backwards at Bygone eras in the lower leagues. I want us to push forward.

Edited by Donut

2 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Can we just set up another website for clowns like @Donut @DANGEROUS TIGER called PearsonTalk where they chunter away to each other about how much they despise one of the best managers in our history? There'd be no rational posters on there to prove them wrong, and at the same time we wouldn't have to be subjected to their drivel? Win win.

4 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Your talking pure shit mate.

Be good chaps and stick me on ignore.

:thumbup:

3 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I think the DoF would prefer someone like Wagner rather than a bigger name

Probably so he can keep his control and not be ousted by a "bigger" name manager who is unhappy with his DOF 

If owners had choice of keeping Benitez happy over Rudkin for example..