Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 2-Liverpool 3 post match thread.

Think N'didi is low on confidence at the moment, he's a young lad and doesnt need fans on his back. It told to me earlier where he had it on the edge of the box and instead of running at the space ahead of him or shooting he tried to slide it over to a marked Vardy

Team spirit and hard work nearly got us the draw, Tactically, still not quite right. 

I think Shakey ruined the balance by bringing on Iheanacho and Slimani, whilst pushing Vardy out wide.

We resorted to long hopeful balls that Slimani has never been good at dealing with anyway, so i didn't see the point. 

Would have been much better to keep Albrighton on and him and Gray to get the ball out wide to put crosses in for Slimani.

A decent effort in all, and I think we will be fine this season, albeit not pushing the top 7 at all. 

Thought N'didi was absolutely knackered and Iborra should have been on for him. We are crying out for Silva in the middle. King/Ndidi just don't have the composure,

Gray to start ahead of Mahrez next game for me and Iborra in for King, although I would be changing N'didi if we had a decent replacement. 

Back 4 were fantastic IMO. Vardy and Okazaki deserve to keep that partnership for the next game, although Okazaki again lacked quality on the ball at times. 

Wasted a good half an hour of the first half treating the ball like a hot Potato again. I'm not talking about our turnover through balls to Vardy which are by their very nature a percentages game but all those drifted or lobbed cross-field balls around the half way line hit with little conviction that they'll actually get there and if even they do they're dropping the recipient in it.

We also need to be nastier in midfield, show some personality and don't just let vocal players ref the game for their side. I don't like to see it but if Henderson is going to be in the refs face for 90 minutes we need someone to call his bluff and reciprocate.  Vardy does a bit of this (less since the West Ham red card) Wes frowns and shakes his head a lot, Kasper tries from his position  but Ndidi and King were far too passive in that sense. 

Matip and  Lovren were wobbling and on the ropes at one point, they just needed to be run at one more time and they'd crack but instead we stick Jamie out wide. You need to exploit these weaknesses not let them off the hook.

Really sick of hearing that we 'deserved more' - sure, we might have done with better results, but the pattern of margin-of-error outcomes continually swinging against us suggests that we're getting precisely what we deserve.

I'm profoundly frustrated. Better sides find ways to win; we find ways to lose.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

How frustrating is it to see 3 strikers on the pitch and zero creativity. It's a basic error, we could have 10 strikers on but it doesn't increase your likelihood of scoring. We were less effective when Slimani came on. Too crowded and fewer options to get a telling ball in. It's further evidence that Shakespeare's not got the awareness. 

Very true. For me Slimani should have came on for Okazaki, since he didn't Shakespeare subbed Nacho instead, no way should he sub Albrighton for Slimani. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

How frustrating is it to see 3 strikers on the pitch and zero creativity. It's a basic error, we could have 10 strikers on but it doesn't increase your likelihood of scoring. We were less effective when Slimani came on. Too crowded and fewer options to get a telling ball in. It's further evidence that Shakespeare's not got the awareness. 

Reminded me of England vs Iceland when that happened. I'm a big fan of Shakey but he's made a lot of strange decisions.

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Team spirit and hard work nearly got us the draw, Tactically, still not quite right. 

I think Shakey ruined the balance by bringing on Iheanacho and Slimani, whilst pushing Vardy out wide.

We resorted to long hopeful balls that Slimani has never been good at dealing with anyway, so i didn't see the point. 

Would have been much better to keep Albrighton on and him and Gray to get the ball out wide to put crosses in for Slimani.

A decent effort in all, and I think we will be fine this season, albeit not pushing the top 7 at all. 

Thought N'didi was absolutely knackered and Iborra should have been on for him. We are crying out for Silva in the middle. King/Ndidi just don't have the composure,

Gray to start ahead of Mahrez next game for me and Iborra in for King, although I would be changing N'didi if we had a decent replacement. 

Back 4 were fantastic IMO. Vardy and Okazaki deserve to keep that partnership for the next game, although Okazaki again lacked quality on the ball at times. 

Iborra for King was the more positive change. He's better in the air than Slimani against defenders and Albrighton would have still been on to whip balls in. Wasted opportunity again.

18 minutes ago, M0901 said:

Vardy scores his spot kick, we get a draw and none of you would say Shakespeare out.

I would have if we nicked a win playing like that, we were very poor. Liverpool were also poor and if we got anything out of that game it'd have a lot to do with their errors.

Heartened by the effort but at the same time, frustrated that it's come to this.

We are again in a rut and the effort and endeavor can't gloss over that. Had the pencil pushers done their job properly we would have had options in midfield and at least sourced a couple of new signings that were'nt injured.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

This is down to recruitment. No number 10 ffs. Sick of banging on about it. If plan A doesn't pay off, i.e. Okazaki in behind Vardy, we've got no plan B, i.e. Bring on a creative player for him.

I knew vards would miss the pen. He was too pumped at the time having just scored and won the penalty. It was a Knocky vs Watford moment. Overall we weren't good enough and we were sloppy with 2 of the goals. I am concerned with midfield and our general slow starts in games. 

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

This is down to recruitment. No number 10 ffs. Sick of banging on about it. If plan A doesn't pay off, i.e. Okazaki in behind Vardy, we've got no plan B, i.e. Bring on a creative player for him.

We could have afforded to lose 2-3 strikers this summer and bring just one attacking midfielder in who could take a set piece and create, but no let's load up on strikers and still pick the same XI anyway. 

12 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Appalling first half. No urgency. No desire. Turned up second half again but too little too late. Shakespeare not the man for me. We can't keep losing. Another loss at Bournemouth and he has to go.

To be replaced by who? Harry Redknapp? FO

It is kind of crazy we've spent £50m+ (and way + if you include Musa) on strikers and as soon as Okazaki isn't there there's absolutely no relationship between any of them and Vardy.

Meanwhile we've got King strolling about in midfield still because we can't send a fax on time

I actually felt kind of encouraged by that. Thought Chillwell did a fantastic job against Salah except from the 1-0 goal. Gray has to start instead of Mahrez; he brought some enegy and skills. King looked a bit weak and Maguire has to stop stupid things like dribbling around in the opposition half. Okazaki is just wonderful and I am quite sure both sets of fans hate Taylor right now...

The fixture list is really stupid, as we are now under more pressure than we should be, but hopefully we can cope with and get some points. Still believe we have a solid team.

It perhaps says it all that we've only accrued four points from eighteen to date and they were versus the two promoted sides. We've been very close though v Arsenal and Liverpool - less to Chelsea and Man U.

As that's the case then for me it's still in the balance re Shakey really, no point in knee jerk reactionary posts on the matter at the moment. Everyone knows we've had a very tough start to our season re the opposition to date, so logic dictates that the end of October will be a more sensible time to judge his position after the Everton home game. However so far his tactic nowse has been exposed versus the better teams, especially as regards his subs in the Arsenal, Man Utd and tonight's game. Also agree that we can't afford to miss penalties, start matches so poorly and defend so poorly. We'll know more in a month.........

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Totally agree. I thought it was a real skoolboy error. Need a goal.. lets put on as many strikers as possible!

Completely ruined the balance and we looked less likely to score after that. Lumping balls up into a crowded area was just pointless. 

Albrighton should have stayed on. Iborra for a clearly knackered N'didi and Slimani in the box getting on crosses from Gray and Albrighton, with Vardy in his usual central role. 

Pleased Shakey had the balls to take Mahrez off though, who was having another meh game. Gray made and impact and deserves to start next weekend. 

Great effort by the lads, but again let down by tactics/subs IMO. 

Let's face it on the balance of refs decisions we were bloody unlucky . What  is really fcuking frustrating is how we can look a totally different side time and again in the second half, it's like it takes being a goal or two down to shock us into some sort of response. Continuously conceding first is our Achilles heel , we also really need to add a touch of class in midfield, someone who can thread through a pass to Vardy on a regular basis. All that effort in the second half again and fcuk all to show for it.

As for Mahrez he needs to fcuking get it together and quickly forget about what could or couldn't have been with his dream move, cause at the moment he is not on it looks like his head is elsewhere,,and he can forget about moving onwards and upwards unless he recaptures his form cause no fcuker will want him.

I feel sorry for them, but have to admit Liverpool deserved the win. Our midfield is just not strong enough - for the reasons we all know - and the manager doesn't know how to address this. Plus his substitutions were again ineffective and poor.

its not unreasonable for us to expect Leicester to have been able to nick something from tonight, Arsenal, Utd or Chelsea - but we've huffed, puffed and just looked like a team that's going to going to spend the season battling the drop.

26 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Shakespeare doesn't get a pass just because we had a go in the second half.

That, in fact, sums him up. No desire to win the game until it's already lost.

Yep, we've done the exact same thing pretty much every game so far.

Only have a decent crack at it once we're behind and we ain't rescuing many of these over the course of season. 

2 minutes ago, Wdywd said:

It is kind of crazy we've spent £50m+ (and way + if you include Musa) on strikers and as soon as Okazaki isn't there there's absolutely no relationship between any of them and Vardy.

Meanwhile we've got King strolling about in midfield still because we can't send a fax on time

Nailed it!

Archived