Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 2-Liverpool 3 post match thread.

Looks like I'm in the minority but actually thought N'Didi had a good game. He basically was on his own.

Perhaps TV showed him up for the 3rd goal but Maguire caused the problem by giving it away where he could have kept our attacking momentum going by playing a simple ball to Gray.

The basis of a good team is here, but the club have royally stuffed it up by allowing the midfield situation to unfold as it has. We are looking at a completely unnecessary relegation fight.

Shakespeare's subs again questionable. Albrighton was starting to get the better of Gomez and we haul him off for a striker who is only effective if we can get crosses in. Baffling, again.

8 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

I knew vards would miss the pen. He was too pumped at the time having just scored and won the penalty. It was a Knocky vs Watford moment. Overall we weren't good enough and we were sloppy with 2 of the goals. I am concerned with midfield and our general slow starts in games. 

Exactly the same thing happened against Everton in our winning season, when he could have won the golden boot.

How Mahrez thinks he will ever get a move to a "big" club is beyond me. So inconsistent and puts us in some many dangerous situations when he loses the ball.

Gray to be given a run in the team now at his expense. 

Mahrez wants to leave. He isn't playing well. Why wouldn't we give Gray a run of games now. Had more impact in first 10mins than Mahrez did all game.

Albrighton was fantastic and can't help think how Slimani would have done with all those delicious early crosses into the box throughout the game. He would get so many assists if he had a target man in the box, as his deliveries are so often spot on. Work rate was phenomenal too. Him and Chilwell were very good on that side.

3 minutes ago, martyn said:

Looks like I'm in the minority but actually thought N'Didi had a good game. He basically was on his own.

Perhaps TV showed him up for the 3rd goal but Maguire caused the problem by giving it away where he could have kept our attacking momentum going by playing a simple ball to Gray.

The basis of a good team is here, but the club have royally stuffed it up by allowing the midfield situation to unfold as it has. We are looking at a completely unnecessary relegation fight.

Shakespeare's subs again questionable. Albrighton was starting to get the better of Gomez and we haul him off for a striker who is only effective if we can get crosses in. Baffling, again.

I think he was genuinely exhausted, but the lack of any effort to get back for that counter was very frustrating.

Like you said, I think he was basically being overworked all game, partly due to our formation and also the lack of energy King brings in that centre. 

He doesn't have the composure yet and I would like to see him play in a 3, or at least next to someone like Iborra or Silva who have real quality on the ball.

I think he is better pushed forward. He is a little too erratic to be a sitting DCM. You need to be calm and composed on the ball for that (i.e Matic), and he isn't yet. 

I thought it was a terrific game and an excellent effort by the lads.

Ndidi was exceptional.

Maguire and  Chilwell will be super players once they learn from their youthful errors.

If we had a mobile ball player to play with Ndidi, we'd be right back to our best.

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I think he was genuinely exhausted, but the lack of any effort to get back for that counter was very frustrating.

Like you said, I think he was basically being overworked all game, partly due to our formation and also the lack of energy King brings in that centre. 

He doesn't have the composure yet and I would like to see him play in a 3, or at least next to someone like Iborra or Silva who have real quality on the ball.

I think he is better pushed forward. He is a little too erratic to be a sitting DCM. You need to be calm and composed on the ball for that (i.e Matic), and he isn't yet. 

He closes down quite well when he's far up the pitch which is where I'd like him to play in a 3, with Iborra sitting back and Silva playing as a box-to-box (whenever we get him). Ndidi managed 6 tackles today and 3 interceptions (the most of any player on the pitch), which is crazy, he leads the league in tackles currently.

He's definitely being overworked.

6 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

How Mahrez thinks he will ever get a move to a "big" club is beyond me. So inconsistent and puts us in some many dangerous situations when he loses the ball.

Gray to be given a run in the team now at his expense. 

Mahrez wants to leave. He isn't playing well. Why wouldn't we give Gray a run of games now. Had more impact in first 10mins than Mahrez did all game.

Can’t believe this, but I think I’m beginning to feel the same way. 

Vardy’s approach to penalties are much more effective that Mahrez’s but he had a shocker today! Been known to smash it down the middle and has done that in his last two games - he should’ve surely known it was only a matter of time till someone just stood there and batted it away. 

Just got home. Disappointed with many of the official's decisions, and with Vardy's pen. My overriding feeling is that most of them play well as individuals, but we don't seem to have any cohesion any more. And I've never slated King before, I adore the guy, but really, he's out of his depth. 

18 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

People can talk about ndidi being knackered, but just strolling back and getting outpaced by the ref when they had men over is pathetic.

In his defence he was 1vs3 for most of the match. No surprise he was a bit knackered towards the end of the match. Ndidi is a quality player but playing in a 2 man midfield with King for 90 mins against a decent side even Kante would probably struggle. I wish King was better than he is but he just isn't a very good prem player. I was worried last year when we started the Charity shield against Man U with the same 11 as the season before but with King in for Kante. And worried again that instead of Drinkwater we are playing with King. We've had ages to solve the problem. Ndidi was a start and maybe Silva would have been the resolution. People will blame Shakey but he didn't want to sell Drinkwater which means someone else is overseeing transfers over the managers head and someone was late with the Silva paperwork. Probably the same person and likely Rudkin. Our transfer business has been a shambles since we won the league.

14 minutes ago, martyn said:

I agree Ndidi had a good game. He still makes simple errors too often, but generally he played well. Was jogging back for their 3rd goal though

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I had turned against craig but if he can use that second half as a springboard for future matches, I'll get back in my box. For me there were chunks of light at the end of the tunnel, move towards the light Craig you fat orange twat.

I think it was more down to the same old stubborn never say die spirit of our team, rather than shakey. If anything, I thought he killed our momentum by messing with the balance of the team. Having 3 strikers on the pitch, pushing your best one out wide and taking off the best crosser of the ball when you have Slimani coming on, just made no sense for me. 

Be disappointed if he makes the same mistake again. 

5 minutes ago, jet-plane said:

I thought it was a terrific game and an excellent effort by the lads.

Ndidi was exceptional.

Maguire and  Chilwell will be super players once they learn from their youthful errors.

If we had a mobile ball player to play with Ndidi, we'd be right back to our best.

I do wonder whether many (myself included) have bigged young Maguire up a little prematurely.

Some of his 'youthful errors' today, in some ways cost us the game imo.

We concede far too many goals across the whole team.

1 minute ago, desertfox2 said:

In his defence he was 1vs3 for most of the match. No surprise he was a bit knackered towards the end of the match. 

He was and we were getting overrun, but I don't see that's an excuse for not being able to put in a 15 second sprint. If he genuinely couldn't do that then he should have been subbed off rather than playing a further half hour

Archived