Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 2-Liverpool 3 post match thread.

11 minutes ago, M0901 said:

Vardy scores his spot kick, we get a draw and none of you would say Shakespeare out.

Oh, but he didn't. It has been ifs, buts and maybes after every game so far and it's wearing thin. We are absolutely horrendous and we did not deserve anything from that game.

Said it in the match thread but the decision to take off Albrighton just as he was starting to get all sorts of joy down his flank was a really poor decision. To bring on a third striker but cut off the most likely supply line was a bit dense.

Also, surprised at the criticism of N'didi. I thought he was excellent. Had to work doubly hard to cover for King A LOT. No wonder he was spent. 

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Missed penalty away from getting a result ffs have a word with yourselves. "Shakey out" ect, absolutely pathetic.

Fair enough but you could equally point to Salah's open goal in the first half.

We were lucky to go in only 1 down at the break.

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Missed penalty away from getting a result ffs have a word with yourselves. "Shakey out" ect, absolutely pathetic.

lol

After every game it's "We were only X, Y and Z from getting a result". Are we going to hear this every week?

Liverpool weren't far away from having 5 or 6.

It's not good enough only showing attacking intent when you go behind, you can't keep picking results up that way. We ship so many goals. Fine be a counter attacking team but the way we play it has ran its course. If he doesn't change systems soon he can fcuk off. Livid

We are decent, but we're really inconsistent even across 90 mins at the moment. For like a third of that game we were really good, then the rest of it varies between alright and then spells of being absolute shit. Weird.

I don't really blame Maguire for the third but even as a fan of Ndidi in general that really pissed me off the way he let half their team run past him. Maguire takes risks but he doesn't actually lose it that much, occasionally it is gonna happen but you can't just give up on the half way line.

The last two subs really didn't help us. Why on earth did we end the game with Vardy playing wide right? He scores all our goals! We suddenly ended up with 3 central strikers and no one to give them the ball. At one point we literally had four men in a line outside their box and it was so easy for them, every loose ball in the middle of the pitch went to a red shirt cos we had no one there.

I didn't like the Mahrez sub either really, I hate taking our best players off when we need a goal. But tbf Gray again made stuff happen, great effort that led to the second and should've created a second penalty for the handball after he dumped one of their defenders on their arse by the corner flag.

I still think there's a good team there, but it's worrying that we've basically blown two games in the Arsenal & Liverpool ones and then put in a stinker at Huddersfield. And the constant messing up of the subs is a concern as well

Shakespeare is clueless. His tactics were a joke on Tuesday night and he was saevd by the Ulloa injury and Klopp taking Coutinho off at half time which changed the game.

Yet after Tuesday the same thing happens in the first half. We got a gift right on half time to get back in the game which set it up for the second half.

He was a good caretaker manager, going back to basics and getting the spirit back stopped us from being relegated last season. That was it though he's not the man to take the club forward. He's never been a manager. It's McClaren syndrome, he's a coach.

13 minutes ago, M0901 said:

Vardy scores his spot kick, we get a draw and none of you would say Shakespeare out.

Take away the initial "new manager" bounce. What has Shakespeare done to convince you that he's up to the job? Results and performances have been shocking.

Just now, Paddy. said:

Said it in the match thread but the decision to take off Albrighton just as he was starting to get all sorts joy down his flank was a really poor decision. To bring on a third striker but cut off the most likely supply line was a bit dense.

Also, surprised at the criticism of N'didi. I though he was excellent. Had to work doubly hard to cover for King A LOT. No wonder he was spent. 

The foul that led to their 2nd was stupid though let's be honest.  Agreed that Slim for Albrighton was bizarre, but on the other hand I'm not sure who you take off for Slim at that point in the game... I guess Vardy?

21 minutes ago, Buce said:

Shakespeare is completely out of his depth.

He needs to go.

4-4-2 isn't working and he seems reluctant to change it. Did I imagine it or were we not saying the same thing last season about Claudio?

Mahrez was again lazy and disinterested today. He didn't track back to cover Danny Simpson who was often having to deal with 2 Liverpool players. Maybe HE needs to go?

Slimani had an impact last Tuesday after being generally absent for 3 quarters of the game. today he was a waste of a decent sub. Why take off MA who ran his bollox off today and was about as influential as he could be and bring on a sub who won't change the game in the slightest?

Very disappointed in the officials display today was a great goal and we should have had another penalty,last ten min of the first half very promising second half when Gray came on changed our tempo gave us something we’ve been missing !!

Shakey needs to Bench Mahrez for a while to give him a kick up the Arse !!

But a very disappointing way to lose the game Ref favoured Liverpool a hell of o lot of the game I thought foul and abusive language to the ref was a red card Henderson should have seen that well before the little Cnut scored and Mignolet should have walked after taking Vardy down, very poor officials whinging reds but we can only blame ourselves at times how many balls did we actually give Liverpool??

Ah well onwards and upwards let’s hope we win the next game !!

How frustrating is it to see 3 strikers on the pitch and zero creativity. It's a basic error, we could have 10 strikers on but it doesn't increase your likelihood of scoring. We were less effective when Slimani came on. Too crowded and fewer options to get a telling ball in. It's further evidence that Shakespeare's not got the awareness. 

Conceded first in 5 of the first 6 games this season.

I can't understand why we're so timid when we know full well how incapable we are of defending properly.

Archived