Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Adrien Silva

29 minutes ago, weller54 said:

My only worry is his size.. He looks a bit 'delicate'?

Yeah all the "little unsure aren't much" the Messi,Agueros, Sanchez,Sterling types!!! But if you want muscle types look at Ndidi and Mahrez!!! Built like brick sh!thouses!!!!

• Thanks 1

despite the months form august to December we still have to wait and let silva settle into the prem - it is a big change.. even ngolo took a month or so - the difficulty is the catch 22 of giving him game time to get him yup to speed.  He does look a good signing - we need to be patient.  It is/was the same for ibora.  Ndidi arrived in January and we needed to play him sohe got going quickly... that is exceptional.

• Like 1

Didn't think he was that bad and is settling in but each to their own an assist for the 1st yesterday and an assist for Mahrez against Watford in a 5 minute cameo, 2 assists in around 15 mins after a long lay off adapting to a different playing style so if this is poor cannot wait for him to find his feet and become good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

despite the months form august to December we still have to wait and let silva settle into the prem - it is a big change.. even ngolo took a month or so - the difficulty is the catch 22 of giving him game time to get him yup to speed.  He does look a good signing - we need to be patient.  It is/was the same for ibora.  Ndidi arrived in January and we needed to play him sohe got going quickly... that is exceptional.

Plus, if you come in start of the season all players are a little off the pace. He's coming in completely off the pace, not even having played for another club. It will take time, as you say.

11 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Plus, if you come in start of the season all players are a little off the pace. He's coming in completely off the pace, not even having played for another club. It will take time, as you say.

Exactly this, even in the limited minutes,he is showing how good he will be when fully up to speed!

I thought he was quite good! Very good in fact in the first half. In the second half he made a number of errors such as misplaced passes, but still did well in his all round game. He fed Diabate a number of times in both halves, and there was one moment where he gave the ball away sloppily, but then ran back and fought to win the ball back with a well timed tackle. A great attitude!

Puel said before the game he wanted us to control the game and I felt like we did that, with Silva a massive influence. The game was played at his pace. When Peterborough got a bit of momentum, Puel brought on Ndidi and Albrighton to provide some more energy, and I felt thereafter Silva stopped making as many mistakes. Even though it was a League One team, the English pace is very different to the Portuguese league and he'll require a bit more time to adjust. He also needs to get used to playing with new teammates and knowing the best way to play them into space.

Of all out central midfielders, I feel like he is the best all rounder from what I have seen. Makes tackles, good range of passing, technical, quite energetic, etc. Not as good as any of the others in any one category, but makes up for it by being quite good at all of it.

If he's really the player we hope he is he'll be able to boss the game against a Premier League team. We haven't seen him do that yet, but I am quietly optimistic he'll pass the test.

• Like 1

Questioning Silva’s quality seems plain daft to me. For me is nailed on to be a major part of our future success for the next few years. I’ve seen enough already in the short time he’s been on the pitch to know he is going to be the creative player we need in midfield and more. All he needs is the games to get himself attuned to the frenetic pace of the game in England. The ball he won before feeding  the ball to Mahrez against Watford and the perfectly timed short  pass to Diabate to score his first against Peterborough is something we are all going to enjoy on a regular basis . Also I loved how he recovered after getting dispossessed  on the half way line and sprinted back to be in a position to prevent a goal in that sequence. 

class as they say is permanent. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I'm not privy to much info but I do know that the coaching staff rate Matty James very, very highly. Silva looks quality but he'll really have his work cut out dislodging him given how highly thought of he is. 

But isn't it great that the 'lovely problem to have' count seems to be increasing almost weekly?

3 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:
5 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

He's a class above. A really really classy player. We'll be lucky to have him for more than a year 

I disagree with your assertion that he'll leave after a year. Firstly we've not seen enough of Silva to say if he can perform consistently well in the PL. However, if he turns out to be good enough to be wanted by a bigger club than us (there aren't many of those left), we aren't going to roll over and sell him. 

I can never understand it when our fans say we will be 'lucky' to keep hold of Ndidi, Maguire etc past 1 or 2 transfer windows. No release clauses, 4 year contracts, we don't have to sell, we don't want to sell. We aren't rendered completely weak and helpless by the interest of a top 6 club in our best players.

Edited by brucey
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

Jesus Christ ffs, this place lol. 

Only FoxesTalk could question a player of Silva's quality within 2 weeks of him being eligible to play and having had about 4 hours total on a pitch in this country with these teammates. 

Outstanding meltery as per. 

Euro winner and EL winner.

FT: not good enough.

• Haha 1

He's not been outstanding for us so far but with 3 months waiting in the wings on top of a 3 to 4 month break we're underestimating how little he's played since last summer.

There'll come a day very soon when he will come all guns blazing for us. The players around him will compliment his craft.

46 minutes ago, brucey said:

I disagree with your assertion that he'll leave after a year. We've not seen enough of Silva to say if he can perform consistently well in the PL. However, if he turns out to be good enough to be wanted by a bigger club than us (there aren't many of those left), we aren't going to roll over and sell him. 

I can never understand it when our fans say we will be 'lucky' to keep hold of Ndidi, Maguire etc past 1 or 2 transfer windows. No release clauses, 4 year contracts, we don't have to sell, we don't want to sell. We aren't rendered completely weak and helpless by the interest of a top 6 club in our best players.

I'm not saying he is going to go after one window. I'm saying We'll be lucky if He's still here past next season. Because he's that good of a player. Should we manage to keep hold of him it would be huge and a step in the right direction.

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I'm not saying he is going to go after one window. I'm saying We'll be lucky if He's still here past next season. Because he's that good of a player. Should we manage to keep hold of him it would be huge and a step in the right direction.

I doubt it, he would have been picked up by an elite club by now already if we were lucky to have him. I can't see a top club trying to prise him away from us for £40-£50m considering he's 30 in just over 14 months.

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

I doubt it, he would have been picked up by an elite club by now already if we were lucky to have him. I can't see a top club trying to prise him away from us for £40-£50m considering he's 30 in just over 14 months.

I'd put nothing past the transfer market as things stand right now. The world's gone mental. Especially the premier league.

Edited by ARTY_FOX

He's played as well as to be expected so far, really comfortable in possession, an incisive passer and a reasonably hard worker but you can tell he's not been playing for a while which is fair enough. My biggest concern is that he's a bit slow and doesn't cover ground well so he definitely needs to play with N'Didi against better quality opposition.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Wookie said:

He's played as well as to be expected so far, really comfortable in possession, an incisive passer and a reasonably hard worker but you can tell he's not been playing for a while which is fair enough. My biggest concern is that he's a bit slow and doesn't cover ground well so he definitely needs to play with N'Didi against better quality opposition.

Thought he looked classy and worked hard. A few mistakes after the first half hour though.

On 1/29/2018 at 02:32, TheLittleBigMan said:

He's class. Just rusty as fu*k. He's the creative midfielder we've been crying out for imo. After that kind of lay off he'll need easing in. Think him and N'Didi could be better than the drinky/kante partnership.  :ph34r:

I think they really could be a better partnership for this particular time and place. Drinky/Kante were the perfect combination for that season at that time because of the way other teams were playing and our counter-attacking effectiveness.

For this time and place however we need to hold onto the ball more and be a stronger possession-based team because the competition (the big six) have all stepped up. Thank goodness Puel and the current team are much more confident and able to play possession-based football. 

Silva is a beautiful footballer. Keeps it so simple and on the break always seems to choose the right pass: which is such an under-rated skill.

It'll be interesting to see who ends up being our first choice centre-mid partnership towards the end of the season as he gets his fitness back.

Iborra and Ndidi?

Or

Silva and Ndidi? 

Edited by zealot
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, zealot said:

I think they really could be a better partnership for this particular time and place. Drinky/Kante were the perfect combination for that season at that time because of the way other teams were playing and our counter-attacking effectiveness.

For this time and place however we need to hold onto the ball more and be a stronger possession-based team because the competition (the big six) have all stepped up. Thank goodness Puel and the current team are much more confident and able to play possession-based football. 

Silva is a beautiful footballer. Keeps it so simple and on the break always seems to choose the right pass: which is such an under-rated skill.

It'll be interesting to see who ends up being our first choice centre-mid partnership towards the end of the season as he gets his fitness back.

Iborra and Ndidi?

Or

Silva and Ndidi? 

Or all 3? 

• Like 1