Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Adrien Silva

Just now, Mullet1 said:

Or all 3? 

But then you'd have to either:
 - play three at the back; or
 - lose a striker.

My feeling is that Vardy on his own up front doesn't work - so that means playing three-at-the-back and a wing-back 5-3-2 formation. And Mahrez as a wing-back just makes me nervous so he'd have to play in the hole between Vardy and the midfield to make it work.

So I think it has to be Silva or Iborra unless Mahrez goes.

2 hours ago, zealot said:

But then you'd have to either:
 - play three at the back; or
 - lose a striker.

My feeling is that Vardy on his own up front doesn't work - so that means playing three-at-the-back and a wing-back 5-3-2 formation. And Mahrez as a wing-back just makes me nervous so he'd have to play in the hole between Vardy and the midfield to make it work.

So I think it has to be Silva or Iborra unless Mahrez goes.

Agreed. We all know Mharez will leave in the summer so might change it then. 

On 1/29/2018 at 02:32, TheLittleBigMan said:

He's class. Just rusty as fu*k. He's the creative midfielder we've been crying out for imo. After that kind of lay off he'll need easing in. Think him and N'Didi could be better than the drinky/kante partnership.  :ph34r:

I want to see Iborra / Nididi / Silva in the middle together. It would be the second coming of  Lennon / Savage / Izzet!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

I want to see Iborra / Nididi / Silva in the middle together. It would be the second coming of  Lennon / Savage / Izzet!!

Well N'didi is already slowly dying his hair ginger to look more like Lennon, Silva's hair gets longer every week, clearly going for the Savage look (also shares the same squad number savage had when he first came here), We just need Iborra to claim he's from a Eurasian country he's never set foot in and we have Izzet too!

Edited by TiffToff88
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, jim5000 said:

Great thought, I would love to see it happen we'd be sure to get a few goals coming from this midfield trio

7 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Again in the first half today i thought he was outstanding.

Can only assume he ran out of legs in the second half but it didnt look like he was struggling bar one poor pass. Very strange sub in my opinion.

Hope he starts next week but I have a horrible feeling Puel rates James as a better player, which is a bit bizarre.

Thought he was getting bullied myself and  kept getting caught in possession second half. We only seemed to get on top again once he went off. 

Promising first half again though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Again in the first half today i thought he was outstanding.

Can only assume he ran out of legs in the second half but it didnt look like he was struggling bar one poor pass. Very strange sub in my opinion.

Hope he starts next week but I have a horrible feeling Puel rates James as a better player, which is a bit bizarre.

Adrien is the better and more dynamic and creative option long term, but Matty James is dependable and good at keeping possession and certainly does a job for us in the meantime while Silva gets up to speed

I’ve always been a massive fan of James but he does need someone a little more dynamic along side him. When we won the championship it was Drinky then during the great escape it was Cambiasso, I see a partnership of James and Ndidi as very reliable but nowhere near creative enough so we need to get Silva involved somehow as often as possible especially with Mahrez missing and Gray forever miss firing 

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

Thought he was getting bullied myself and  kept getting caught in possession second half. We only seemed to get on top again once he went off. 

Promising first half again though.

I know what youre saying, but it was only a five minute spell, felt he was recovering before he came off.

The thing i love about him is the crispness of his passing. He takes one touch where others takes three and when he moves it hes so decisive.

Would love to see a three of Ndidi, Iborra and Silva next week.Doubt it though.

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

I know what youre saying, but it was only a five minute spell, felt he was recovering before he came off.

The thing i love about him is the crispness of his passing. He takes one touch where others takes three and when he moves it hes so decisive.

Would love to see a three of Ndidi, Iborra and Silva next week.Doubt it though.

I expect Puel will feel some pressure to play kelechi again which will make that midfield three impossible. Though I would also like to see it. Surely he isn’t going to play an attacking like up although man City have looked uncomfortable when teams have attacked them rather than just sat back 

On 04/02/2018 at 11:22, Bunyip said:

I thought he looked lightweight and a bit off the pace for premiership standards. Hopefully, he will toughen up a bit and soon get up to speed, because has undoubted talent and class.

I know about all the arguments about giving him time and building match fitness etc.... 

But I agree,  he does look to be very lightweight and really not sure he's going to adapt to the rigors / physicality of the PL.. Early days perhaps but the writing could be on the wall. 

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

Has he even played 90 minutes yet? give him a chance I feel he would be better as a playmaker, leave Ndidi and Iborra as two holding midfielders and put Silva up there he has a killer pass in his locker.

I would love to see this, i would actually play Iborra as the defensive midfielder, and give Ndidi more of a licence to get forward with Silva pulling the strings

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dayday said:

I would love to see this, i would actually play Iborra as the defensive midfielder, and give Ndidi more of a licence to get forward with Silva pulling the strings

We aren’t good enough on flanks defending to have just Iborra as a defensive midfielder we will be ripped apart. 

silva was ok yesterday but he was exposed a little and seemed to be tired at halftime but it’s early days yet he could come on leaps and bounds for this season 

We need two quality full backs , chilwell is regressing the amount of mistakes he is making is alarming and for me Simpson isn’t good enough for top half of premier league 

harry Maguire was found out a little yesterday as well , disappointed how many he times he should have just played the ball but instead tried to waltz out and gave it away or put us in a worse position 

it was a dire second half , but they are probably the best team in Europe right now 

Claude made poor calls , the team made poor calls and the 100 people in block 313 who sat down in the away end made poor calls !!

a very poor call by all !